YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. happy birthday wishes this weekend go out to legendary actress JUNE LOCKHART….i had a chance to meet her at the GRAND OLE OPRY in NASHVILLE one year…i walked up to her and said, “i’m very sorry, i should know you, but i can’t think of your name.” and she politely said, “i’m TIMMY’S mom…JUNE LOCKHART.” sweet sweet lady…she played on “LASSIE, ” “PETTICOAT JUNCTION”, and “LOST IN SPACE”, among other shows…here’s an early picture of JUNE LOCKHART…
here she is in recent years, getting licked by a new LASSIE….of course, the original LASSIE isn’t around…because he/she is now lifting it’s leg on fire hydrants in the great beyond…..
2. this seems hard to beleive, but comedian JIMMIE WALKER turns 64 years old this weekend…JIMMIE, of course, is best known for playing on the tv show “GOOD TIMES.” remember his catch phrase? “DY-NO-MITE!!!”
here is JIMMIE WALKER recently….
3. have you ever wondered whatever happened to actor JAN MICHAEL VINCENT? he has been in many shows including “AIRWOLF”….but my favorite role of his was in the DISNEY film, “THE WORLD’S GREATEST ATHLETE.”
JAN MICHAEL VINCENT was quite a hearthrob…women everywhere LOVED this guy….
in recent years, JAN MICHAEL VINCENT has had some troubles…he was in two car accidents, one which left him with broken vertebrae in his neck. he also sustained permanent damage to his vocal chords during surgery….in a september 2007 interview, JAN MICHAEL VINCENT was asked about his car accidents, and he quoted “ya’ll, i don’t even know what you’re talking about…i don’t remember any car accidents.” here he is in recent years…
4. guess who turns 70 today? SEVENTY….CHEERIOS….that’s right, our favorite breakfast cereal is old!!! ha ha…a big thanks to our news/sports guy VAUGHN KARY for informing me about this…remember these old CHEERIOS boxes?
and here’s a recent box….
5. i love the new ads for ABERDEEN featuring “WIZARD OF OZ” characters…of course, if you know me, you know that i LOVE that movie…the LANGFORD community actors are putting on the play ‘THE WIZARD OF OZ’, for thier 125th…don’t know if i’ll have time to catch it….dang it….
6. i think i have “carlag” from my COLORADO trip..i have been EXHAUSTED this week…can’t get enough sleep….hopefully i come out of it and that it’s not a byproduct of turning into an old man..ha ha….
7. last night JEANNIE had her company picnic out at WYLIE…and our tradition following the picnic is to play miniature golf….TYLER said last night that he was going to kick our butts, and frankly, he did the entire game…UNTIL THE 18TH HOLE…i felt so bad for him…he was four or five strokes ahead of me and JEANNIE, then took SIX shots to get in the hole on the very last hole…i ended up winning by ONE STROKE…TYLER was second and JEANNIE was third….two strokes separated me and JEANNIE….it was awesome…except they had opera music playing on the speaker system….that kind of grated on our nerves…ha ha
8. legendary BOSTON crime boss WHITEY BULGER was arrested in CALIFORNIA this week…he’s 81 years old, but will be 84 by the time they get done reading the charges against him…
9. on wednesday, storms left 300,000 people in CHICAGO without power…it wasn’t a big deal…CHICAGO CUBS fans are used to a lack of power….
10. SPIDERMAN star TOBEY MACGUIRE is being sued over an illegal poker game that he ran where he reportedly cleared over one million dollars a month….the state of CALIFORNIA doesn’t know whether to shut him down or put him in charge of state revenue…
11. RADAR ONLINE reports that LINDSAY LOHAN tested positive for alcohol and would appear in court for a parole violation…in he defense, she thought that house arrest meant that DRINKS were on the house…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Some members of a health club were having their first meeting.
The director of the group said, “Now, I’d like each of you to give the facts of your daily routine.”
Several people spoke, admitting their excesses, and then one obviously overweight member said, “I eat moderately, I drink moderately, and I exercise frequently.”
“Hmm?” said the manager. “And are you sure you having nothing else to add?”
“Well, yes,” said the member. “I lie extensively.”
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND…