THIS ABSOLUTELY CRACKED ME UP THIS MORNING….
1. happy birthday wishes today are going out to the young man who played the youngest son, DEWEY, on the hit tv show “MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE.” his name is ERIK PER SULLIVAN….he turns 20 years old today…TWENTY? it seems like that show just ended…here’s a couple of pictures of ERIK playing DEWEY…
and here’s ERIK PER SULLIVAN today on his 20th birthday…
2. it was on this date in 1976 that FAMILY FEUD debuted on tv…of course, the original host was RICHARD DAWSON, “mr. kissey face”. he hosted the show from 1976-1985….let’s salute him today…
you probably first of all remember RICHARD DAWSON for his role on “HOGAN’S HEROES.” he played the character of NEWKIRK….
but it was FAMILY FEUD that really made him famous…
RICHARD DAWSON was also the “go-to-guy” on MATCH GAME. he was mr. kissey face on that show, too….
RICHARD DAWSON is still around…he’s now 78 years old…here he is hanging out with his MOM…
OKAY, IT’S NOT HIS MOM….
3. singer WALTER EGAN has a birthday today..he turns 63…he had a huge album back in the late 70’s called “NOT SHY.” that line came from his monster hit “MAGNET AND STEEL.” here it is…
i was walking down BROADWAY in NASHVILLE one day a few years back when i noticed a sign at a very small club saying “WALTER EGAN TONIGHT.” i thought to myself that it couldn’t be him, but it was….
4. yesterday i was talking about the incredible love that my relative IRENE had for her husband BOB, and how they were reunited yesterday in heaven, on the same day that they had their first date…well, i felt back that i couldn’t attend the funeral yesterday, but i did attend the family service sunday night…actually, i presided over the family service…one of the memories i talked about was when we were kids we always went to their farm near BRITTON…we had a blast there…except for my cousin DARREN, who used to bring out a stuffed alligator to scare the hell out of me and my brother TROY…ha ha….we cringed every time that he walked upstairs, as we were afraid that he would bring that stupid thing out again…he told me after the service that the only thing he took with him out of the farmhouse was the alligator…i said, “really”…and he said, “NO, I’M JUST KIDDING.” thank goodness he didn’t bring it to the family service…ha ha
5. i am a very very romantic person…i love stories of “great love”….especially with the older folks….as i mentioned above, yesterday i talked about a great love between two relatives…i would like to expound on that….while i was growing up, i don’t think i ever saw IRENE without BOB…except maybe for a short time when we would go outside and play softball….but, love like they had inspires me…just like my GRANDMA AND GRANDPA RAMSEY…when someone is married 50-65 years and can still have that twinkle and smile when they look at each other, that’s what life is about….
6. i love having kids around the house…last night my nephew’s wife STEPHANIE stayed with us, along with their beautiful children OLIVIA and ISABELLE…aren’t they just the cutest?
the oldest one, OLIVIA and I, have a blast together…chasing each other, being silly…we get along so well, probably because we have the same mentality..i’m always told that i act like i’m five…ha ha
7. the government is now claiming that medical marijuana has no medical purpose…HOWEVER, it does make CONGRESS more interesting to listen to….
8. LINDSAY LOHAN things that she has been treated too harshly and that prison is only for killers….but evidently not in FLORIDA…
9. tabloid tv king JERRY SPRINGER, says that he has no interest in interviewing CASEY ANTHONY….but if she’s willing to have a sex change and claim that ELVIS is her baby’s father, JERRY will dedicate an entire show to her…..
10. a man has been arrested after allegedly breaking into the ED SULLIVAN theater in NEW YORK CITY, where DAVID LETTERMAN tapes his shows….everyone’s fine, but DAVE still threw himself on top of an intern to protect her….
11. JENNIFER LOPEZ met PRINCE WILLIAM and KATE during their U.S. visit and tweeted that they were ‘simply charming.’…except for one awkward moment….WILLIAM mentioned “THE QUEEN” and JENNIFER said, “yeah, RYAN SEACREST is a really great guy!!”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
LITTLE LARRY ATTENDED A HORSE AUCTION WITH HIS FATHER…HE WATCHED HIS FATHER GO FROM HORSE TO HORSE, RUNNING HIS HANDS UP AND DOWN THE HORSE’S LEGS, RUMP, AND CHEST….FINALLY LARRY ASKED HIS DAD WHAT HE WAS DOING, AND HIS DAD SAID, “BECAUSE SON, WHEN I’M BUYING HORSES, I HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE HEALTHY AND ARE IN GOOD SHAPE TO BUY.” LARRY THOUGHT FOR A MOMENT AND SAID, “DAD, I THINK THE U.P.S. GUY IS TRYING TO BUY MOM.”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…..