HERE’S YOUR MORNING FUNNY….
1. we have a milestone birthday today…actress DIDI CONN turns 60 years old today…remember her? she played FRENCHY on the great movie “GREASE.”
today, DIDI is active mostly in BROADWAY productions….here is DIDI CONN today at the age of 60…..
2. in our “whatever happened to” segment today, we feature BING CROSBY….BING was a legendary singer and actor from the 50’s thru the 70’s…..
BING CROSBY is also known for singing the biggest CHRISTMAS song in history…”WHITE CHRISTMAS.”
BING CROSBY was voted the number three actor of all time, right behind CLARK GABLE and JOHN WAYNE…he’s known mostly for his “road” movies with BOB HOPE…..
BING CROSBY died suddenly of a massive heart attack on october 14th, 1977 at the age of 74……he had just finished 18 holes of golf in MADRID, SPAIN….
here is his gravesite….
here’s a photo of BING CROSBY later in life…
3. i was extremely sad last night to hear that “GRASS ROOTS” lead singer ROB GRILL had died at the age of 67…..when JEANNIE AND I saw THE GRASS ROOTS in HURON a couple of years back, he didn’t look very good…still sang good, but you could tell something was wrong…..THE GRASS ROOTS are one of our favorite groups, and i think we’ve seen them three or four times in the past 15 years…here is ROB GRILL with the band in the early days…
as i’ve mentioned before, one of his bandmates was CREED BRATTON, who plays “CREED” on “THE OFFICE.”
on the previous album cover, CREED is in the bottom right…
anyway, THE GRASS ROOTS were scheduled to play in MITCHELL at the CORN PALACE at the end of august…i’m sure they still will, as recently a fill in singer has been lead singing for them….
here’s ROB GRILL in the last few years…
REST IN PEACE, ROB….
4. what would a ROB GRILL tribute be without a few “GRASS ROOTS” songs….
first of all, here’s my two favorites…we start out with “MIDNIGHT CONFESSIONS.”
I LOVE THIS SONG…here’s ROB and the band with “WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU.”
here’s a great one…”TWO DIVIDED BY LOVE.”
and here’s “TEMPTATION EYES.”
and the last one, “SOONER OR LATER.”
5. WHAT A MORON….DAVID KAHN is one of the main reasons that the MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES are the joke of the NBA…KAHN is the so called “general manager” of the T-WOLVES, and yesterday fired head coach KURT RAMBIS…while most teams fire coaches right after the season to find time to get a coach, KAHN decided to wait a few weeks after, even though RAMBIS and everyone else knew it was coming….DAVID KAHN needs to go…he’s a joke…
6. ah yes…there’s nothing like driving behind a SEPTIC TRUCK while stuff is leaking out the back of the truck….that’s what happened to me the other day…YUCK…i can only imagine what it was….
7. one of my great neighbors is coaching legend CHUCK WELKE, who coached the WARNER MONARCHS basketball team to some state titles and a bunch of appearances in the state tournament. well, CHUCK retired last year, and is now enjoying his grandkids and other projects…i came up with an idea for him…we should have CHUCK go door to door when we get new residents in WARNER, and present them with gifts…we can call it the “WELKE WAGON.”
8. RON PAUL announced that he won’t run for a 13th term in CONGRESS, instead he will focus on his presidential bid…great idea, RON, go with the sure thing!!
9. much of the UNITED STATES is nearing record high temperatures…it’s so hot that when CASEY ANTHONY gets out of jail, she will go visit NANCY GRACE just for the cold shoulder….(by the way, i’ll announce it again…I CAN’T STAND NANCY GRACE.)
10. a lawyer from MIAMI is demanding that a judge remove a sign from his court that reads, “we who labor here seek only the truth.” it’s obviously discriminatory against lawyers….(HI GREG!!)
11. scientists have found the first super bug of gonorrhea…they announced thier findings on the set of “JERSEY SHORE.”
12. JOKES OF THE DAY:
The Game Warden stopped a deer hunter and asked to see his hunting license.
“This is last year’s license,” the warden informed him.
“I know,” said the hunter, “but I shouldn’t need a new license, I am only shooting at the deer I missed last year.”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS ONE …..
Two lawyers walking through the woods spotted a vicious-looking bear.
The first lawyer immediately opened his briefcase, pulled out a pair of sneakers and started putting them on.
The second lawyer looked at him and said, “You’re crazy! You’ll never be able to outrun that bear!”
“I don’t have to,” the first lawyer replied. “I only have to outrun you.”
HAVE A WILD AND WACKY WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY..