PREACH ON SISTER MAXINE!!!
1. one of our own is celebrating a birthday today…former SOUTH DAKOTA SENATOR GEORGE MCGOVERN is turning 89 today…wow…89……he has been instrumental in politics for many many years, including hitting the speaking circuit the last couple of decades…here are some early picture of GEORGE MCGOVERN…in the first one, it’s his wife ELEANOR presenting him with an award…
here he is with CUBA’S FIDEL CASTRO…
and here’s GEORGE MCGOVERN today on his 89th birthday…still looking pretty spry….
2. today we find out whatever happened to LINDA EVANS? LINDA is mostly known for her television roles of playing AUDRA BARKLEY on the hit tv show ‘THE BIG VALLEY”….her other big role was playing KRYSTLE CARRINGTON on “DYNASTY.”
LINDA EVANS is still doing a bit of acting, and is now 68 years old…here she is today….
3. last night we had a RARE sit down supper at home…..it was just MITCHELL, JEANNIE, and me……after supper, MITCHELL had an awesome idea of having a ping pong tournament out in the garage with the loser having to clear off the table and do dishes….well, the planner lost…that’s right, MITCHELL had to clear the table and do dishes…..geez, he comes up with the idea and gets stuck doing it….by the way, it was HORRIBLE in the garage last night….you started sweating just STANDING there….
4. sources say that the NFL could vote today to end the strike, and could possibly get back to work by this weekend….BRING IT BABY…
5. i talked about one of our favorite new tv shows ‘HOT IN CLEVELAND’ on TVLAND…well, the show that follows them is the FRAN DRESCHER show ‘HAPPILY DIVORCED.” sorry, can’t watch it….she just grates on me for some reason…nothing personal, just a fact….
6. there’s a new BUDDY HOLLY tribute album called “RAVE ON” featuring music by some of the newer artists in pop music…i checked it out on I-TUNES last night, and really wasn’t very impressed…the song that suprised me was one by KID ROCK….i had NO IDEA that it was KID ROCK by listening to it….if i had to hear it and name the artist to win a bunch of money, i would probably have lost….
7. did you hear about the woman who groped a TSA agent the other day? yep…she was them promptly hired by TSA…
8. an insurance study found that the risk to children in crashes with a grandparent driving was HALF that of crashes with parents driving….but then again, it’s hard to injure yourself going FIVE MILES PER HOUR…
9. the CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR will offer visitors “exotic foods” like fried maggots, scorpions and raccoon…..or as they call it, “ANYTHING THAT FALLS IN THE DEEP FRYER OVERNIGHT.”
10. LINDSAY LOHAN denies allegations that she owns a gun…she said that the only thing in her house that was loaded was her…
11. IVANKA TRUMP gave birth to a baby girl in NEW YORK CITY the other day…immediately GRANDPA DONALD TRUMP demanded to see the birth certificate….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
One night, a patrolling policeman decided to drive by a well known lover’s lane. He sees a couple in a car, with the interior lights on.
He stops his car and looks more closely. He sees a young man behind the wheel, reading a computer magazine and a young woman in the rear seat, knitting.
Puzzled by this surprising situation, the cop walks to the car and knocks on the window.
“What are you doing?”
“Well isn’t it obvious? I’m reading a magazine.”
Pointing towards the young woman, the cop says, “And her, what is she doing?”
The young man shrugs, “I believe she is knitting a pullover.”
The cop is totally confused. A young couple alone in a car at night, nothing risque’ is happening!
“What’s your age young man?”
“I’m 25, sir.”
“And her, what’s her age?”
The young man looks at his watch and says, “She’ll be 18 in 20 minutes!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…