ARE YOU READY FOR THE WEEKEND????????
1. happy birthday wishes today are going out to comedian and political activitist PROFESSOR IRWIN COREY….remember this guy?
he was billed as “the world’s foremost authority.” IRWIN COREY, because of his politicial views, ended up getting “blacklisted” from many shows and many events…..however, people loved him….legendary comedian LENNY BRUCE once said, “IRWIN COREY IS ONE OF THE MOST BRILLIANT COMEDIANS OF OUR TIME.” not a bad endorsement….
PROFESSOR IRWIN COREY is turning 97 years old today…here he is today…..
2. also today, actor WIL WHEATON turns 39 years old…knockin’ on the door to 40……you may or may not remember this, but WIL WHEATON got his early start in the classic movie “STAND BY ME.”
he played the kid on the left…..
recently, the folks who did “STAND BY ME” got together for a picture….in the back of the photo are RICHARD DREYFUSS, who was the narrator for the movie, and ROB REINER who produced and directed the movie…..in the front row are JERRY O’CONNELL, COREY HAIM, AND WIL WHEATON…(it’s funny to me that JERRY played the chubby kid on the movie…a lot of people don’t recognize him.) the one missing from here is RIVER PHOENIX who died a few years back….
after that, WIL WHEATON went on to star in the tv series “STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION” as WESLEY CRUSHER….
and here is WIL WHEATON on his 39th birthday…
3. so, what does a guy do when your dad is a legendary comedian, and you want to branch out on your own? YOU START YOUR OWN SUCCESSFUL ROCK AND ROLL BAND…our final birthday wishes for the weekend go out to GARY LEWIS, the son of legendary comedian JERRY LEWIS….he has the very popular 60’s band “GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS.”
GARY LEWIS turns 66 years old this sunday……here he is today, and with his famous papa…
4. seriously…we can’t do a GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS tribute without a couple of songs, can we?
here’s their most famous hit “THIS DIAMOND RING.”
and this is BY FAR my favorite song by GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS….here’s “YOU DON’T HAVE TO PAINT ME A PICTURE.”
5. so, i was on the internet last night checking in on a band i used to love in the 90’s called “CHERRY POPPIN’ DADDIES.” they brought the “big band sound” back into today’s music….well, i found out that they had a cd out called “RAPID CITY MUSCLE CAR.” and on that album was a song called “HAZEL, SOUTH DAKOTA.” i thought that was pretty cool….
do you remember the big hit that the CHERRY POPPIN’ DADDIES had? it was called “ZOOT SUIT RIOT.” here it is….
6. very very rarely do you see a professional sports star that cares about the fans like PHILLIP DANIELS does….the star of my WASHINGTON REDSKINS was released yesterday after many years with the team…..he always goes on our fansite called “extremeskins” to visit with the fans…here’s what PHILLIP DANIELS posted yesterday….very touching..
“Guys I just wanted to come on and say thank you for 7 great years as a Redskin. It was a wonderful ride but only because you guys made it so much fun. I will miss walking out the tunnel to a bunch of die hard screeming fans who made life so easy on defense. It’s a sad day and I worked so hard this off season to help bring a super bowl to DC. You can still follow me on twitter if you would like to. My twitter name is PhilDayz93. Again thank all of you for the love and support throughout my years as a Redskin. I am forever grateful to have a crowd like you doing whatever you could to help us get a victory. HTTR and God bless each and every one of you. God is my life and football was only my job. He has a plan for me.”
SIMPLY AWESOME….PHILLIP, YOU’RE A TRUE HERO….
7. yesterday the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS picked up two butthead players in ALBERT HAYNESWORTH from my REDSKINS, and suprisingly, CHAD OCHOCINCO from the CINCINNATI BENGALS…both players have had their share of troubles, and it’s not in character for BILL BELICHICK to bring in guys like this…but it’s the PATRIOTS and they can do no wrong in people’s eyes…as one ESPN analyst said yesterday…
“if the owner of the BENGALS had pulled off these two trades, we would have called him the dumbest man on earth. but since it’s BILL BELICHICK, people are calling him a “genius.”…..
it’s funny what winning a couple of super bowls can do to you in people’s minds….
8. officials say that the world’s largest pair of underwear is still missing from a ST. LOUIS museum….they’re SEVEN FEET TALL….it’s probably not that big of a deal…ROSIE O’DONNELL probably just wanted them back….
9. the police chief of CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA, is asking a jury to decide if the fake novelty “testicles” hanging off of a woman’s pickup truck are obscene……they decided no, and then said, “YOU’RE FREE TO GO MRS. BOBBITT.”
10. sources say that AL QAEDA is on the brink of a collapse…somewhere OSAMA BIN LADEN is spinning in his wave…
11. a “SEX AND THE CITY” prequel is reportedly in the works that would show what the four women were like when they were teenagers….sorry…i’ve already seen it….it’s called “GIRLS GONE WILD.”
12. KIM KARDASHIAN has been diagnosed with psoriasis….it can be caused by stress, brought on when she tries to spell “psoriasis.”
13. why did the MINNESOTA VIKINGS sign DONOVAN MCNABB? they still had an unused subcription to “LIFE ALERT” after BRETT FAVRE left…
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A blonde pilot decided she wanted to learn how to fly a helicopter. She went to the airport, but the only one available was a solo-helicopter.
The Instructor figured he could let her go up alone since she was already a pilot for small planes and he could instruct her via radio. So up the blonde went.
She reached 1,000 feet and everything was going smoothly. She reached 2,000 feet. The blonde and the Instructor kept talking via radio. Everything was going smoothly. At 3,000 feet the helicopter suddenly came down quickly! It skimmed the top of some trees and crash landed in the woods.
The Instructor jumped into his jeep and rushed out to see if the blonde was okay. As he reached the edge of the woods, the blonde was walking out.
“What happened?” the Instructor asked. “All was going so well until you reached 3,000 feet. What happened then?”
“Well,” began the blonde, “I got cold. So I turned off the ceiling fan.”
YOU CRAZY BLONDES…HA HA…HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…