HEY, IT’S HUMP DAY!!!
HAVE YOU EVER HAD ONE OF THESE DAY?
1. one of the most legendary singers of our era is having a big birthday today…TONY BENNETT is 85 years old today…..and still looking and sounding good!!! TONY BENNETT has been around the entertainment field since the late 40’s…he had his first number one hit in 1951 called “BECAUSE OF YOU.” here’s birthday boy TONY BENNETT years ago…
even though i am not a HUGE fan of his, and i don’t own any of his music, i very much appreciate his voice and his magic….here’s TONY BENNETT today at 85…..
2. speaking of the legendary “lounge” singers of our era, let’s find out who my favorite it….let me first of all say that i am IN NO WAY a fan of FRANK SINATRA…never did like his singing…i know many of you disagree, but it’s my personal opinion…..never did like SAMMY DAVIS, JR, either….too much “LAS VEGAS” fakeness for me….
here are my two favorite legendary “lounge” singers of all time.
NUMBER TWO: PERRY COMO
PERRY COMO had such a smooth smooth voice and such wonderful hits as “SEATTLE”, “PAPA LOVES MAMBO”, and “DON’T LET THE STARS GET IN YOUR EYES.”
but my personal favorite was “I LOVE YOU AND DON’T YOU FORGET IT.”
and my NUMBER ONE favorite crooner is…….anybody who knows me knows who it is…..DEAN MARTIN…old DEANO….
i could listen to DEAN MARTIN all day long…in fact, i have a box set at home that i listen to whenever i can…LOVE LOVE LOVE his smooth vocals….DEAN MARTIN is known for such hits as “THAT’S AMORE”, “VOLARE”, and many many more.
but this one is my favorite…his tv theme song…”EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY SOMETIME.”
3. we have a milestone birthday today…actor JAY NORTH who played televisions “DENNIS THE MENACE”, turns 60 today..yep, SIXTY….here he is back on the show…
JAY NORTH still appears in the entertainment field, mostly doing autograph sessions meeting the fans…..i would love to go to an autograph session with all of the tv stars of the 50’s and 60’s and 70’s….here’s JAY NORTH today on his 60th birthday…
4. three policemen shot in RAPID CITY…as of this writing, one has died…what a tragedy…..how sad….protecting our citizens and this happens…from what i hear, the one who died had just gotten engaged, too…..our sympathies and our prayers go out to these heroes and their families!!!
5. yesterday i mentioned the number of people at a stop light who were texting….well, now that i am noticing them, i cannot beleive how many text while they’re driving…..and it’s not just young people…yesterday i saw a lady, probably in her late 60’s to early 70’s texting while driving….scary stuff…
6. one day away from my tattoo….yesterday a friend tried to scare my by saying the first five minutes feels like someone is slicing you with razors….jerk…ha ha…..we are videotaping it for our SUNNY website, so you can watch me get the tattoo…i told VIDEO BRIAN, who is recording it, that he cannot record me when i’m crying…ha ha
7. call me crazy, but i cannot WAIT to see the new “PLANET OF THE APES” movie coming out this weekend at CARMIKE….it looks so real…and so good…..
8. scientists are suggesting that drinking red wine can help prevent sunburn…do you know what i found that works best to prevent sunburn? STAYING AWAY FROM THE STUPID SUN!!!
9. a new research study found that “colon cleansings” endorsed by HOLLYWOOD stars have little or no health benefits….it does make us feel better though, just to think about some of our celebrities going thru it….
a couple of points on enema’s….
**if God wanted to give this world an enema, he would place the hose right down main street HOLLYWOOD…
**do you know why they’re afraid to give CHARLIE SHEEN an enema? they’re afraid that there would be nothing left….
10. the OCTOMOM, NADYA SULEMAN, will take part in a “celebrity boxing match,” as soon as they can find someone to punch her….THE LINE FORMS TO THE LEFT, PLEASE…
11. the first close-up pictures of the huge asteroid VESTA have scientists stunned…they say it looks like JOAN RIVERS without makeup…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man was driving when a traffic camera flashed.
He thought his picture was taken for exceeding the speed limit, even though he knew he was not speeding.
Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.
He thought this was quite funny, so he slowed down even further as he drove past the area, but the traffic camera flashed yet again. He tried a fourth time with the same result.
The fifth time he was laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past at a snail’s pace.
Two weeks later, he got five traffic fine letters in the mail for driving without a seat belt.
HEY, THE JOKES CAN’T BE HOME RUNS EVERYDAY…HA HA
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…