THIS IS FUNNY….
1. today, we’re going to find out whatever happened to RICHARD CARPENTER of “THE CARPENTERS.” this super duo took the music world by storm in the early 70’s with their pop classics like “THEY LONG TO BE CLOSE TO YOU”, “TOP OF THE WORLD, ” “WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN”, and many more…..here they are…
i’m sure that most of you remember that KAREN CARPENTER died back in 1983 at the way too young age of 32, due to complications from anorexia….in fact, STAR magazine did a special section on celebrities with weight problems and they featured a picture of KAREN that is kind of shocking…
KAREN CARPENTER was buried in FOREST LAWN MEMORIAL PARK in CYPRESS, CALIFORNIA…but in 2003, her brother RICHARD had her moved to a family mausoleum in WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIFORNIA…here is her tomb…
meanwhile, her brother RICHARD keeps plugging along in the music business….he plays classical piano, plus does a few “CARPENTER” music shows, and is a producer as well…RICHARD CARPENTER is now 64 years old…here he is in recent years…
2. okay, we cannot do a salute to THE CARPENTERS without playing a couple of thier songs….here is “WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN.”
and here’s “TOP OF THE WORLD.”
3. today we’re going to feature the 1970’s tv show ‘EMERGENCY’…i used to LOVE that show…it starred RANDOLPH MANTOOTH and KEVIN TIGHE, and it about a LOS ANGELES fire station called “squad 51″….it combined medical and action/adventure together…the show “EMERGENCY” was created by JACK WEBB, who was the creator and star of “DRAGNET.”
here is the opening theme to “EMERGENCY.”
here are a couple of pictures of the stars…
RANDOLPH MANTOOTH is now 65 years old, and KEVIN TIGHE is now 66….here’s a recent picture of both of the men…
4. wow, do i think of stupid stuff at 3:30am….maybe because i’m still delirious from lack of sleep, i don’t know…anyway, this morning i was thinking about my weight, and how i would like to lose 30-40 pounds….so, i came to this conclusion…i don’t have to lose weight, I JUST NEED TO GET TALLER BY TWO INCHES…if i stretch out, the weight will be distributed a little better….so, anybody know how to get taller?
5. remember when i talked about that mysterious roadkill found in MINNESOTA? well, they have released a photo of it….
i think it’s kind of crazy that authorities can’t figure out what it is? where did it come from? who knows….we’ll keep you posted on it…
6. a friend of mine told me this morning that she goes back to school to work in the cafeteria in EIGHT DAYS…yeah, EIGHT DAYS…this summer has flown by and i cannot beleive that school is going to start soon…this is going to be a sad fall, though…this will be the first time in well over 15 years, that we won’t have anybody in THE WARNER SCHOOL….it’s going to be hard going to the first few games knowing that we have nobody there to play in band or in sports….another “finality.”
7. a new survey says that one in five married couples go without kissing for as long as a week….except for last week when many couples kissed their retirement goodbye….
8. new research has concluded that chocolate can help boost physical endurance….hmm…chocolate viagra anybody?
9. thieves in FLORIDA stole six air conditioning units from A CHURCH…that’s okay…they’re going to need them where they’re going…
10. baseball star ALEX RODRIGUEZ is being accused of high stakes gambling…what did he do? invest in the stock market?
11. 84 year old PENN STATE coach JOE PATERNO broke his arm in a collision on the football field during practice the other day…what happened? he was blindsided by a paper bag that blew out of the stands….
12. SARAH PALIN is a grandmother for the second time with son TRACK PALIN having a baby girl on august 7th…SARAH is thrilled…she said she didn’t care if it was a boy or a girl, as long as they committed to being on a reality show when they get older….
13. COMCAST is considering offering $10 dollar internet access to low income families…in other words, anybody in radio….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart. The husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their cart.
“What do you think you’re doing?” asks the wife.
“They’re on sale, only $10 for 24 cans,” he replies.
Put them back, we can’t afford them,” demands the wife.
And so they carry on shopping.
A few aisles further on along the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.
“What do you think you’re doing?” asks the husband.
“It’s my face cream. It makes me look sexy and beautiful for you when we’re making love,” replies the wife.
Her husband says, “‘So does 24 cans of Budweiser … at half the price.”
OOOHHH..THAT’S A GOOD ONE..HA HA…HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…