YOUR DAILY BLOG IS SPONSORED BY BRIAN OPP AT thriftydakotan.com….it’s your chance to save big big bucks on all of the products you use in the aberdeen area…are you ready to start saving from 50-90 percent? who wouldn’t be…I SIGNED UP, HOW ABOUT YOU? go to thriftydakotan.com, and get ready to watch for e-mails that will save you a bundle of money!!!
1. church signs don’t lie…these are good…
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to legendary film actress MAUREEN O’HARA….she turns 91 today….MAUREEN O’HARA starred in such great movies as “THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME”, “THE QUIET MAN”, and she starred with JOHN WAYNE is classics like “RIO GRANDE”, and “MCCLINTOCK.” how long has she been around? her first movie was in 1938…wow…here’s MAUREEN O’HARA in her early days, including getting spanked by JOHN WAYNE in “MCCLINTOCK.”
here’s MAUREEN O’HARA today on her 91st birthday…
2. have you ever wondered whatever happened to comedian BUDDY HACKETT? if the truth be known, and no disrepect directed towards him, i have never found him that funny…but he had an incredible career…remember BUDDY HACKETT?
BUDDY HACKETT appeared on broadway, and in such movies as “HERBIE THE LOVEBUG”, “IT’S A MAD MAD MAD WORLD, ” and the BILL MURRAY classic “SCROOGED.” here’s something i did not know…BUDDY was an “emergency replacement” for LOU COSTELLO of “ABBOTT AND COSTELLO.” BUDDY HACKETT died in 2003 at the age of 78…here’s BUDDY HACKETT later in life…
3. OH MICHELE, MICHELE, MICHELE.. presidential candidate MICHELE BACHMANN made another mistake yesterday…this time about ELVIS PRESLEY…
yesterday was in fact, the anniversary of THE DEATH of ELVIS PRESLEY…WHOOPS…
by the way, this was not the first BACHMANN mistake…back in june, IN HER OWN HOMETOWN OF WATERLOO, IOWA, she made a mistake mixing legendary screen actor JOHN WAYNE and serial killer JOHN WAYNE GACY….(it’s easy to confuse the two…ha ha)
JOHN WAYNE was not from WATERLOO, but serial killer JOHN WAYNE GACY did live there…WHOOPS…
4. I’M A HAPPY MAN TODAY…yesterday, some of the staff went up to the brown county fair and had TUBBY BURGERS….they were supposed to open up at 10:30, but didn’t open until noon, so we waited for quite a while…but it was worth it….and by the way, this will not be my last one this week…
5. there’s almost no greater feeling in this world than giving…last night we had many many people stop by REVIVE DAY SPA to get free school supplies…..a huge thanks to the group who worked the event, and especially to every business that donated…and a big thanks to FALLON and the girls at REVIVE DAY SPA for hosting the event…..
6. i was in a POLKA mood last night at home…i spent about an hour and a half listening to POLKA music….i love this music because you’ve never heard a sad polka…very uplifting music…plus growing up in the VEBLEN area only really produced old time country and polka bands to dance to….
you do know that DREW CAREY is a huge huge polka fan…..well, for your enjoyment, here is DREW CAREY with polka legend FRANKIE YANKOVIC, doing the classic “TOO FAT POLKA.”
7. AARP is celebrating the 76th anniversary of social security this month…they were going to order a big cake to celebrate, but they were afraid that CONGRESS would cut it…
8. lawyers for BALL PARK FRANKS and OSCAR MEYER are in federal court claiming each has the best tasting hot dog….sources say they are really “grilling” each other….
9. a woman from PALM BAY, FLORIDA is facing battery charges for striking her boyfriend with a nutcracker….actually, he should be thrilled that she hit him in the face, considering which utensil she was using…
10. the NFL has started pre-season games…players are just happy to see instant replay of themselves on the field and not in the courtroom….
11. SNOOKI from “JERSEY SHORE” now is saying that despite rumors, she will not be appearing on “DANCING WITH THE STARS.” that’s because it’s really hard to dance when you’re face down on the floor….
12. TLC has announced that they are (thankfully) canceling the show “KATE PLUS EIGHT”….the last episode will end with the entire family heading into the sunset and then into therapy…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: (a long one, but well worth it)
A married couple is driving along a highway doing a steady forty miles per hour. The wife is behind the wheel. Her husband suddenly looks across at her and speaks in a clear voice.
“Darling,” he says. “I know we’ve been married for twenty years, but I want a divorce.”
The wife says nothing, keeps looking at the road ahead but slowly increases her speed to 45 mph.
The husband speaks again. “I don’t want you to try and talk me out of it,” he says, “because I’ve been having an affair with your best friend, and she’s a far better lover than you are.”
Again the wife stays quiet, but grips the steering wheel more tightly and slowly increases the speed to 55.
He pushes his luck. “I want the house,” he says insistently.
Up to 60.
“I want the car, too,” he continues.
“And,” he says, “I’ll have the bank accounts, all the credit cards and the boat.”
The car slowly starts veering towards a massive concrete flyover.
This makes him a wee bit nervous, so he asks her: “Isn’t there anything you want?”
The wife at last replies — in a quiet and controlled voice. “No, I’ve got everything I need.” she says.
“Oh, really?” he inquires, “so what have you got?”
Just before they slam into the wall at 80 mph, the wife turns to him and smiles.
HAVE A FANTASTIC WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…