IF I WOULD WALK UP TO YOU AND HAND YOU A 60 PERCENT OFF COUPON AT YOUR FAVORITE STORE, WOULD YOU BE HAPPY? WOULD YOU USE IT? OF COURSE, YOU WOULD…THE DAILY BLOG IS SPONSORED BY BRIAN OPP AT thriftydakotan.com……GO TO THAT WEBSITE, SIGN UP, AND THEN E-MAILS WILL START COMING TO YOU GIVING YOU GREAT DISCOUNTS ON ITEMS AROUND OUR AREA…IF YOU DON’T SIGN UP, YOU DON’T GET THE SAVINGS….DO IT TODAY!!!
1. here’s a couple of laughs for you….
2. former first lady ROSALYNN CARTER turns 84 years old today..isn’t that hard to beleive? 84……wow…she, of course, is the wife of former president JIMMY CARTER…i have always thought that she was so beautiful, and had such “southern grace”…..here she is back in the presidency days…very beautiful….
and here she is today on her 84th birthday……
3. it’s a milestone birthday today for ROBERT REDFORD…this legendary actor turns 75 today…..it’s kind of weird to watch our favorite big screen people approach and pass 80, but as they say, “time doesn’t stop for anyone.”
here are a couple of older pictures of ROBERT REDFORD…the first one is from one of my all time favorite films…..it’s REDFORD and PAUL NEWMAN in “BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID.”
those two were SO SO SO SO good on the big screen….
HAPPY 75TH ROBERT!!! here he is in the recent couple of years…
4. it’s BROWN COUNTY FAIR TIME, BABY…i’m not excited about any other night of entertainment, other than tonight…i would love to see THE BELLAMY BROTHERS saturday night, but i’ve seen them a half dozen times…LOVE THEM THOUGH…but tonight, i’m so so so excited to see JOHN ANDERSON….love his stuff…remember him?
everybody knows this song…
and how you you not love LEANN RIMES? she’s had so many great hits, but i think i love this one the most…
5. and of course, in typical fashion, the one night i’m excited about brings a good chance of SEVERE WEATHER this afternoon and tonight….i will tell you one thing for sure…if severe weather and winds hit, I WILL GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE STAGE IMMEDIATELY…
6. JAY’S GOALS FOR TODAY:
a: keep breathing
b: smile a lot
c: make someone’s day
d: HAVE ANOTHER TUBBY BURGER…
7. lesson learned last night…the TREMENDOUS TWELVE at PERKIN’S is not such a good idea at 7:30 in the evening…WOW..i jam packed myself with pancakes, sausage, eggs, and hash browns, and had to walk very fast when i got home just to feel a little better…dumb move…
8. one of PRESIDENT OBAMA’S secret service agents was arrested for drunk driving in IOWA…the guy started drinking heavily when he realized that someday he could be assigned to take a bullet for MICHELE BACHMANN….
9. police in SPOKANE, WASHINGTON arrested a 54 year old man who was fishing in a lake completely nude…when he got out of the water the police started laughing, and the guy yelled, “HEY, GIVE ME A BREAK, I WAS IN COLD WATER!!”
10. AUSTRALIAN researchers say that for every hour of tv a person watches after age 25, their life is shortened by 22 minutes…unless you are watching “JERSEY SHORE.” in that case you already don’t have a life…
11. a UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI booster has sparked an investigation by claiming that he gave football players cash, and FOUND AND PAID FOR THEIR PROSTITUTES…i remember the good ole days when we used to have to find and pay for OUR OWN prostitutes….
12. this fall, COKE will debut a limited edition design for cans of DIET COKE…and it will be nice to see a well dressed can that isn’t associated with any KARDASHIANS…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two men in a pickup truck drove into a lumber yard.
One of them walked in the office and said, “We need some four-by-twos.”
The clerk asked, “You mean two-by-fours, don’t you?”
The man said, “I’ll go check,” and went back to the truck.
He returned and said, “Yeah, I meant two-by-four.”
“All right. How long do you need them?”
The customer paused for a minute and said, “I’d better go check.”
After a while, the customer returned to the office and said, “A long time. We’re gonna build a house.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…SAY “HI” WHEN YOU SEE ME AT THE BROWN COUNTY FAIR…