MAN, IT’S EVEN A SHORT WEEK, AND I GUESS THERE’S NO PLEASING GARFIELD….
THE MORNING PARTY WITH JAY DEAN, AND THE DAILY BLOG ARE SPONSORED BY ABERDEEN NATIVE, BRIAN OPP AND thriftydakotan.com….ARE YOU READY FOR SAVINGS AT YOUR FAVORITE PLACES AROUND THE ABERDEEN AREA? OF COURSE YOU ARE…WHY WOULDN’T YOU BE? YOU’LL BE GETTING E-MAILS SENT TO YOU WITH INCREDIBLE DEALS…YOU JUST PRINT THEM OFF AND USE THEM TO SAVE A BUNCH OF THE GREEN STUFF…..BUT YOU CAN’T DO IT UNLESS YOU SIGN UP…IT ONLY TAKES A COUPLE OF MINUTES…GO TO thriftydakotan.com…..
1. it was on this day in 1967 that the tv show “THE FLYING NUN” debuted on tv….this show starred the beautiful SALLY FIELD…
hey, do you remember the theme music and opening credits?
JAY DEAN LIKEY THIS NEXT PICTURE…i had to add this because, first of all, SALLY FIELD is hot in this picture, and second of all, i beleive that this is a WASHINGTON REDSKINS shirt….at least that’s what i’m imagining…ha ha
SALLY FIELD is one of those “DICK CLARK” type of people who seem to age very gracefully….SALLY is now 64 years old…wow…and still looking great…
2. milestone birthday wishes are going out to CHRISSIE HYNDE, the lead singer of the band “THE PRETENDERS.”…she turns 60 today….remember her?
here’s a video of one of their famous songs called “BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG” from a great year….1982…
here’s CHRISSIE HYNDE on her 60th birthday…
3. i was so pumped up last night…do you know what i did? I PUT IN MY FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAMS FOR THE FIRST TIME..YAY….i love football season, and it kicks off tomorrow night with the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS playing the world champion GREEN BAY PACKERS……i always thought it was funny calling any NFL team “world champions” when all of the teams are from our country….
4. so called “experts” are picking my REDSKINS to be the bottom of the division, and close to the bottom of the ENTIRE LEAGUE….i think we’ll suprise some people this year…i think we’ll go at least 8-8…..and that’s an improvement from six wins last year….
5. there’s supposedly a KIM KARDASHIAN sex tape floating around….geez…don’t these people get enough exposure? i’m so tired of this country making stars out of dimwits….i really don’t want to see this tape…and hopefully nobody else does either…..call me when one is found of OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN or BETTY WHITE….
6. another reason to quit smoking…new research shows that children of parents who smoke miss school more than classmates of non-smoking parents…..and most of the illnesses? RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS…how about that?
7. everybody knows i love the voice and music of MICHAEL BUBLE…just found out this morning that he has a CHRISTMAS album coming out….should be awesome…
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA said that his “jobs” speech tomorrow night will have things that both democrats and republicans will like….specifically a very very short speech so we can watch FOOTBALL….
9. MITT ROMNEY is coming under fire for saying that he needs to add on to his house because it’s not adequate….it’s not that big of a deal folks….he has already spent millions on landscaping and construction…AND THAT’S JUST ON HIS HAIR….
10. JESSICA SIMPSON reportedly wants to get her breasts reduced so she’ll look better in her wedding dress…she’s better not let her future husband hear this, or she may not be wearing a wedding dress after all…
11. a man from FRANCE has been ordered to pay his wife damages for not having enough…umm…”intimacy” with her…yep..that’s true…he went thru a prolonged period of ignoring his wife…or as we call it “THE NFL SEASON.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
a big thanks to one of our listeners, KEITH in FAULKTON…this is a good one….
One morning, a husband returns the family boat to their lakeside cottage after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, puts her feet up, and begins to read her book. The peace and solitude are magnificent.
Along comes a Fish and Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, “Good morning, Ma’am. What are you doing?”
“Reading a book,” she replies, (thinking, “Isn’t that obvious?”).
“You’re in a Restricted Fishing Area,” he informs her.
“I’m sorry, officer, but I’m not fishing. I’m reading.”
“Yes, but I see you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I’ll have to take you in and write you up.”
“If you do that, I’ll have to charge you with sexual assault,” says the woman.
“But I haven’t even touched you,” says the Game Warden.
“That’s true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.”
“Have a nice day ma’am,” and he left.
MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It’s likely she can also think.
IF YOU HAVE A JOKE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND TO ME THAT WE MIGHT USE ON THE BLOG, E-MAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org…….
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS…