WE’RE GETTING EXCITED..IT’S ALMOST HERE….
HERE’S YOUR MORNING FUNNY!!!
OKAY, I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION FOR BUSINESS OWNERS IN OUR AREA….DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH BUSINESS? COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR CURRENT CUSTOMERS? WELL, OBVIOUSLY, AS BUSINESS OWNERS YOU SHOULD NEVER BE SATISFIED WHEN THERE ARE TONS OF CUSTOMERS OUT THERE WANTING YOUR SERVICES…..BRIAN OPP AT thrifydakotan.com CAN HELP BRING IN MANY MANY NEW CUSTOMERS TO YOU BUSINESS….GO TO thriftydakotan.com AND SEND BRIAN AN E-MAIL, OR BETTER YET, PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL HIM TODAY….228-0314….YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT A SHORT PHONE CALL, AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN!! CALL HIM TODAY…
1. when someone asks me who my favorite actor is, i always used to say GENE HACKMAN…i love GENE’S movies, and the cool characters he plays….but in the last few years, i tell people TOMMY LEE JONES….TOMMY LEE is incredible….we’re celebrating today because he turns 65 today…SIXTY FIVE….doesn’t look like it, does he? did you know that TOMMY LEE was a big football star?
some of his most famous roles are in the movies “MEN IN BLACK,” JFK”, “THE FUGITIVE”, and he played “MOONEY”, LORETTA LYNN’S husband in the movie ‘COAL MINER’S DAUGHTER.’ two of my favorite roles of TOMMY LEE are as “TWO FACE” in a “BATMAN” movie, and my absolute favorite is playing the sheriff on “NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.” here are some photos of his movie days….
here’s TOMMY LEE JONES today on his 65th birthday…
2. hmmm..i wonder whatever happened to JOHN DAVIDSON? he was a late night talk show fill in person, plus he hosted a revised edition of “THE HOLLYWOOD SQUARES.” he’s an actor, singer, and all around entertainer…remember him?
JOHN DAVIDSON is still performing, and is now 69 years old and will turn 70 in december….i couldn’t BELIEVE what he looks like today…here he is….
3. wow…what a brisk walk last night…ha ha….actually, i am a big fan of fall…it’s probably my favorite season….1. fall….2. spring…3. summer…and a distant distant distant distant 4th is winter….don’t fret though, the 70’s are coming again this weekend thru most of next week.
4. thank goodness for the I-POD….it sure makes walking more fun….i have been downloading all kinds of my favorite music, and last night it was some oldies from the 60’s and 70’s that i walked to….here’s a song i played like four or five times over and over…remember “THE ARCHIES”…here’s a song you might remember called ‘BANG SHANG A LANG”….
5. i love looking at the scale in the morning and watching it go down…it almost always goes down, lately like a half a pound a day….so far i have lost 10 pounds in two weeks..not bad…kind of stuck there, though….but, to be honest, i haven’t been hitting the shakes as hard as i should…starting today, i’m going to rock and roll…..by the way, if you want to try these shakes, go to aberdeenchallenge.com…..one of our employees tried and shake yesterday and couldn’t beleive how good it tasted….
6. today is payday, so i’m hoping that i can go to the store and buy the box set i’ve been waiting for…my wife JEANNIE AND I agree that the tv show “OUTSOURCED”, was one of the best, if not the best show on television last year…..our favorite show is ‘THE OFFICE”, but many “OUTSOURCED” episodes were better than that show last year…..
i’m not very happy, because i don’t see the show on NBC’S fall schedule…very very disappointed….
7. it’s homecoming week in WARNER this week…even though we don’t have kids in school anymore, it’s still fun to participate in homecoming week…besides that, our beautiful niece ERIN is up for homecoming queen, and it’s her last year in school…..friday night’s football game features an all time rivalry, NORTHWESTERN VS. WARNER…throw records out the window when these two teams play…..and guess what? IT’S OUR SUNNY GAME OF THE WEEK..you can listen to it on SUNNY 97.7 or on our website at hubcityradio.com friday night starting with the pregame show at 6:30, and kickoff at 7pm from WARNER….
8. the republican who won in the NEW YORK congressional district this week, replacing ANTHONY WEINER, has no political experience and is a former tv executive who helped create “THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW.” which makes sense, because his experience working with crazy, looney, screaming perverts should really come in handy in congress….
9. a man wearing a BARACK OBAMA mask robbed a bank in MICHIGAN…republicans said that it wasn’t the real guy, because he only took money from one bank and not from future generations…
10. 82 percent of AMERICANS say they will spend less money during the holidays this year…unfortunately the survey didn’t include congress…
11. a doctor in HOUSTON is on trial for allegedly assaulting his wife by hurling his “humanitarian of the year” award at her….luckily the wife batted it away with his “husband of the year” award…
12. TMZ.COM reports that a hacker stole private nude photos that SCARLETT JOHANSSON took of herself…i’ll give you a lecture in a minute about why that’s a horrible invasion of privacy, right after i check my e-mail….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Roger, 85, married Jenny, a lovely 25 year old.
Since her new husband is so old, Jenny decides that after their wedding she and Roger should have separate bedrooms, because she is concerned that her new but aged husband may over-exert himself if they spend the entire night together.
After the wedding festivities Jenny prepares herself for bed and the expected knock on the door. Sure enough the knock comes, the door opens and there is Roger, her 85 year old groom, ready for action. They unite as one. All goes well, Roger takes leave of his bride and she prepares to go to sleep.
After a few minutes, Jenny hears another knock on her bedroom door and it’s Roger, again he is ready for more ‘action’. Somewhat surprised, Jenny consents for more coupling. When the newly weds are done, Roger kisses his bride, bids her a fond good night and leaves.
She is set to go to sleep again, but, aha, you guessed it – Roger is back again, rapping on the door and is as fresh as a 25-year-old, ready for more ‘action’. And, once more they enjoy each other.
But as Roger gets set to leave again, his young bride says to him, ‘I am thoroughly impressed that at your age you can perform so well and so often. I have been with guys less than a third of your age who were only good once. You are truly a great lover, Roger.’
Roger, somewhat embarrassed, turns to Jenny and says: ‘You mean I was here already?’
The moral of the story: Don’t be afraid of getting old, Alzheimer’s has its advantages.
HAVE A WONDERFUL THURSDAY…