HERE ARE YOU FRIDAY FUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. this is hard to believe…JOHN “COUGAR” MELLENCAMP turns 60 today…SIXTY!!! my goodness, all of my rockers are getting older…ha ha….
let’s check out JOHN MELLENCAMP, back when he was JOHN COUGAR…you’re not supposed to call him “COUGAR” anymore…man, i think everybody had these albums….
he’s definetly one guy i would LOVE to see in concert…here’s JOHN MELLENCAMP today on his 60th birthday….
2. i supposed that i had better feature a video of JOHN “COUGAR” MELLENCAMP for his 60th birthday…this just happens to be my favorite song of his, “I NEED A LOVER.”
here’s one of his forgotten songs…”AIN’T EVEN DONE WITH THE NIGHT.”
3. actor CHARLES NAPIER died wednesday at the age of 75 in BAKERSFIELD, CALIFORNIA….don’t know the name? you’ll know him….CHARLES NAPIER has appeared in dozens and dozens of movies and tv shows….he was in the movie “THE BLUES BROTHERS.”
CHARLES NAPIER was the military intelligence officer who matched wits with SYLVESTER STALLONE in the “RAMBO” movies…he continued to work in HOLLYWOOD until shortly before his death…
here’s CHARLES NAPIER in his later years…
4. “JANE, STOP THIS CRAZY THING?” remember that line from “THE JETSONS?”
GEORGE JETSON was stuck on his treadmill and needed his wife’s help…while ASTRO and the cat stood there watching him…ha ha…i was thinking about how funny that was as i was walking on a treadmill this morning at ANYTIME FITNESS…as i giggled, i stumbled, and just about fell off the back of the treadmill…..it’s funny how life imitates art…….
5. “HOME IMPROVEMENT” was on the tv at ANYTIME FITNESS this morning…i wasn’t watching it, as i was listening to great classic country like JIM REEVES, FARON YOUNG, PATSY CLINE and more….love love love that music…
anyway, WILSON, the neighbor was on the show and was also on a treadmill….and the computer of the treadmill was covering his face….remember? you never got to see his face…
well, i’m about to show you him….WILSON was played by actor EARL HINDMAN…..unfortunately EARL died in 2003 at the age of 61 of lung cancer due to a lifetime of smoking….here’s EARL HINDMAN with the cast of “HOME IMPROVEMENT.”
EARL is the one on the far left….
6. ONLY IN SOUTH DAKOTA….
this is funny….yesterday i was pulling into WARNER and noticed that the fire department was out AGAIN….i so so so respect those guys and girls who do that job…i did it for a few years and loved it….
anyway, out in the parking lot were all the vehicles of the people that came to help out with the fire….there was a pickup, a four wheeler, another pickup, another pickup, a car, another pickup, and then….
yep….someone drove a combine to the fire station in WARNER and parked it in the parking lot…i giggled all the way home….
do whatever it takes to get to the fire, right?
7. OKAY…THAT’S ENOUGH WIND!!!!!!!!!
no disrespect to my neighbors in WARNER, but i had really hoped that all of my leaves had blown into everyone else’s yard….no such luck….apparently leaves have a bit of trouble getting thru a fence….
8. POLICE in DES MOINES, IOWA, arrested two burlesque dancers after their pasties fell off and exposed their breasts….I’M SURE THE MEN WERE OFFENDED…by the way, busting a burlesque show for showing their breasts is kind of like shutting down the movie “DOLPHIN TALE” because the dolphin showed it’s tail….
9. the NBA has cancelled all preseason games…which means the most successful start to a MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES season in their team history!!!
10. TIGER WOODS has gotten his first endorsement deal since his infidelity scandal…the golfer has signed a deal with ROLEX…that’s because ROLEX officials heard him in a room with two girls when he said, “I JUST WANNA WATCH.”
11. tributes are still flooding in after the death of STEVE JOBS…and in typical fashion, MICHELLE BACHMANN wished him a happy birthday…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
After a particularly poor game of golf, a popular club member skipped the clubhouse and started to go home. As he was walking to the parking lot to get his car, a policeman stopped him and asked, “Did you tee off on the sixteenth hole about twenty minutes ago?”
“Yes,” the golfer responded.
“Did you happen to hook your ball so that it went over the trees and off the course?”
“Yes, I did. How did you know?” he asked.
“Well,” said the police officer very seriously, “Your ball flew out onto the highway and crashed through a driver’s windshield. The car went out of control, crashing into five other cars and a fire truck. The fire truck couldn’t make it to the fire, and the building burned down. So, what are you going to do about it?”
The golfer thought it over carefully and responded: “I think I’ll close my stance a little bit, tighten my grip and lower my right thumb.
HAVE A GLORIOUS WEEKEND EVERYBODY…