TO QUOTE THE GREAT ROCK BAND LOVERBOY, “EVERYBODY’S WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND.” I JUST WANT TO WORK LIKE HOMER SIMPSON….
YOUR TUESDAY FUNNIES…
IS IT WRONG TO WISH THIS ON SOMEONE?
1. i will start out today’s blog with some very creative halloween yard ideas…..we’re thinking about carving pumpkins…to heck with that!!! we’ll just use them for some of these….
2. i can’t believe this….DARYL HALL, from the supergroup “HALL AND OATES” is turning 65 today!!! SIXTY FIVE!!! he’s only two years younger than my parents!!! here’s a couple of pictures of when he was much younger…
and here’s a current picture of HALL AND OATES…they are still touring, and i have never seen them in concert…but i would LOVE to…..by the way, as i mentioned DARYL HALL is 65 today…..just thought i’d let you know that his musical partner JOHN OATES is 62….
3. OH WHAT THE HECK…let’s give you some “HALL AND OATES” music…
here’s “KISS ON MY LIST.”
and here’s “MANEATER.”
4. here’s another hard to believe fact….”SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” is 36 years old today…that’s right, 36 years ago today, back in 1975, “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” made it’s debut, and is still going strong today…do you remember the original cast?
here’s a video of the cast from 1975-1980…see how many you can remember…
5. HOW ABOUT THOSE DETROIT LIONS? the LIONS are 5-0 for the first time since like 1957, as they beat the CHICAGO BEARS in monday night football last night…….i do believe they are for real…i sincerely hope that the LIONS and the GREEN BAY PACKERS both stay undefeated until THANKSGIVING…why? because GREEN BAY is at DETROIT in the turkey day game…wouldn’t that be AWESOME?
6. last night JEANNIE AND I watched one of my favorite movies of all time…
WHAT A CLASSIC….KATHARINE HEPBURN, HENRY FONDA, JANE FONDA, DABNEY COLEMAN…an incredible cast in an incredible movie….
by the way, years ago, i was on a boat tour of the lake where the movie was filmed…we saw the house where the movie was filmed…we couldn’t go in there, because people actually lived there….
and this suprised me….JEANNIE had never seen the movie…she said she saw bits and pieces, but had never watched the entire movie until last night…by the way, SHE LOVED IT….
7. remember the guy who was called “JOE THE PLUMBER?” well, he’s running for congress…..which makes sense, because we SHOULD send a plumber to congress, because they are all so full of crap!!!
8. a woman in MINNETONKA, MINNESOTA, allegedly held a UPS driver at gunpoint because he delivered a package to her home ONE HOUR LATE….let me guess….A CASE OF MIDOL?
9. ROSIE O’DONNELL returned to television last night on the OWN network with actor RUSSELL BRAND as her first guest….ROSIE told RUSSELL how much she like his comedy, and especially how much she liked his wife KATY PERRY’S song about kissing a girl….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man had six children and was very proud of his achievement.
He was so proud of himself that he started calling his wife, ‘Mother of Six’, in spite of her objections.
One night they went to a party. He decided that it was time to go home, and wanted to find out if his wife is ready to leave as well.
He shouted at the top of his voice,”Shall we go home, Mother of Six?”
His wife, irritated by her husband’s lack of discretion shouted back, “Anytime you’re ready, Father of Four!”
HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY EVERYBODY…