SMILE EVERYBODY…IT’S TUESDAY….
YOUR TUESDAY FUNNIES!!
I WILL BE PUSHING THE “YES” BUTTON….
1. today we’re going to find out whatever happened to singer NANCY SINATRA…she, of course, is the daughter of the late FRANK SINATRA…..NANCY burst on the scene back in the 60’s with the classic song “THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN’..” you’ll hear this song shortly!!!
here are a couple of pictures of NANCY SINATRA back in her heyday….
i’ll bet you about everybody had these albums…i know my MOM AND DAD did…
by the way, LEE passed away in 2007 at the age of 78….
here’s NANCY SINATRA today…she’s now 71 years old….and i think she had some lip work done….
2. we simply MUST do a couple of NANCY SINATRA videos…
this is my favorite song that she did….because it’s with one of my favorite singers of all time, DEAN MARTIN…
here comes “THINGS.”
she also had a fantastic song with her daddy called “SOMETHING STUPID.”
and i would be making a big mistake if i didn’t play her huge hit ‘THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN’…”
and this is my favorite NANCY SINATRA and LEE HAZELWOOD song…it’s a pop remake of the JOHNNY CASH AND JUNE CARTER CASH classic “JACKSON”.
3. wow….the mom from “HAPPY DAYS” is turning 83 today…that’s right, MARION ROSS is closer to 85 than she is 80…here she is on the show and today…
4. here’s another one i cannot believe…..singer HELEN REDDY turns 70 today…yep…SEVENTY….man, i thought she was such a beautiful young woman, and had one heck of a voice…here’s HELEN REDDY years ago….back in the early 70’s, to be exact…
and here’s HELEN REDDY today on her 70th birthday…
5. and i HAVE TO play a video by HELEN REDDY…this is my favorite song by her…”LEAVE ME ALONE, RUBY RED DRESS.”
6. i am definetly not a big drinker, but i enjoy a nice glass of wine sometimes…when i was at the pastor’s retreat in COLORADO, they turned me on to a fantastic wine…they said the women that come to the retreat absolutely LOVE it…and i can see why…
it’s called “STELLA ROSA” red wine…it’s delicious…
they do have it in ABERDEEN at a “family owned” grocery store….
7. several of MICHELE BACHMANN’S former campaign aides have released a statement saying that they were engaged in a campaign that was “RUDE, DISHONEST, UNPROFESSIONAL AND CRUEL.” hmm….sounds like she’s PERFECT to be president…..
8. a new poll found that half of young adults think there won’t be any social security by the time they retire…but, on the positive side, they probably won’t have to worry about retiring….
9. MALLIE’S SPORTS BAR AND GRILL in SOUTHGATE, MICHIGAN, is offering the world’s biggest hamburger…a 338 pound burger called the “absolutely ridiculous burger.” if you’re on a diet they’re offering low-fat mayonaise….and by the way, it feeds about 300 people, or a dozen AMERICANS….and if you eat most of it, they’re offering a 20 percent discount on the new “extra belly fat ridiculous casket.”
10. ratings for “TWO AND A HALF MEN” have been plummeting in the wake of ASHTON KUTCHER’S alleged affair with a 22 year old party girl…..yep….that’s because partying and sleeping with wild women have NEVER been a part of that show before….
11. actor JON VOIGHT says he’s working on rebuilding a relationship with his estranged daughter ANGELINA JOLIE…apparently he forged a birth certificate and changed his name to QUAI CHANG and tricked ANGELINA into adopting him.
12. fans of MTV’S “JERSEY SHORE” can rent the house where the show is taped for $2500 dollars a night….and when the show’s not taping, the house is a lot like SNOOKI…the lights are on, but nobody’s home…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A woman in a grocery store happens upon a grandfather and his poorly behaved three year old grandson. It’s obvious to her that Grandpa has his hands full with the child screaming for candy in the candy aisle and other similar aisles. Meanwhile, Grandpa is working his way around saying in a controlled voice, “Easy Albert, we won’t be long …. easy boy.”
Another outburst and she hears Gramps calmly say, “It’s okay Albert just a couple more minutes and we will be out of here. Hang in there, boy.”
At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart and Gramps again in a controlled voice says, “Albert, Albert, relax buddy, don’t get upset. We will be home in five minutes, stay cool, Albert.”
Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Gramps is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. You know sir, it’s none of my business but you were amazing in there. I don’t know how you did it. That whole time you kept your composure and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay …… “Albert is very lucky to have you as his Grandpa.”
“Thanks lady said Gramps, but actually I’m Albert ….. the little brat’s name is Steve.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY EVERYBODY…THANKS FOR READING THE BLOG…