HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY..AND WELCOME TO NOVEMBER!!
HERE ARE YOUR TUESDAY FUNNIES…
LOVE THIS ONE…
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress BETSY PALMER today…she is now 85…..many of the folks in my generation remember her as JASON’S mom on the original ‘FRIDAY THE 13TH” movie….
however, BETSY PALMER has been around for a long long time…here she is with HENRY FONDA…
she was also a regular on “I’VE GOT A SECRET.”
here is actress BETSY PALMER today at the age of 85….
2. do you remember 70’s commercial star RODNEY ALLEN RIPPEY? well, we’re about to find out where he is today….
RODNEY ALLEN RIPPEY is best known for his “JACK IN THE BOX” commercials….
RODNEY ALLEN RIPPEY is now 43 years old …here he is today…
3. well, we didn’t have a big number of trick or treaters last night…i don’t know if it was the fact that WARNER was in the football playoffs or not, but numbers were down last night….and, there actually weren’t that many kids walking around either…the bad news about this? WE HAVE A BUNCH OF CANDY TO EAT…GOODBYE DIET…HA HA
4. USC coach LANE KIFFIN is complaining like a baby over not getting a timeout in their loss to STANFORD the other night…KIFFIN was fined $10,000 dollars for his comments….he said that “he was lied to” by officials who didn’t give him a timeout…LIED TO? how’s it feel, LANE? all of us who are TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER fans were “LIED TO” by you, you dork…you took over our football program and abruptly left during the season to go to USC….in my opinion, you’re a jerk….
5. i’m kind of bummed out this morning…all of the scary movies are done this year because halloween is over…i absolutely LOVED watching all the channels that had horror movies on…last night i found a very nice surprise….one of my favorite movies was on….
remember when CBS had “THE CBS LATE NIGHT MOVIE?” that was before LETTERMAN…..they actually showed MOVIES at night…what a concept…
anyway, a movie that used to scare the bejeepers out of my and my brother TROY was the movie “VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED.”
it’s the story about those naughty little damn kids with the spinning eyes….IT USED TO PARALYZE US WITH FEAR…
the movie was on TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES or “TCM” last night, and JEANNIE AND I watched it for awhile…the doorbell and the phone kept making us leave the room, so we missed part of it…the good news is…I OWN IT ON DVD….YAY!!
6. there are a few other movies that TROY AND I used to stay up and watch on the “CBS LATE NIGHT MOVIE.”
one of them starred TONY RANDALL..in fact, he played most, if not all of the characters the movie “THE SEVEN FACES OF DR. LAO.”
we were TERRIFIED by a movie called “GARGOYLES”…they seem kind of cheesy today, but back them they were AWESOME…
and, i can’t speak for TROY, but i used to LOVE a movie called “PLAY MISTY FOR ME.”
it starred CLINT EASTWOOD as a radio disc jockey, who was being stalked by a crazy woman, played by JESSICA WALTER….HEY, I’M A RADIO GUY AND I DON’T HAVE ANY STALKERS…i guess i shouldn’t joke about that, huh? i’ll probably get one and they will end up boiling my rabbit or something…THANK GOODNESS WE DON’T HAVE RABBITS….
7. somewhere on earth, the SEVEN BILLIONTH person was born this week….odds are it was in the OCTOMOM’S house….
8. a rare october storm knocked out power to millions along the east coast over the weekend…it got so bad that DONALD TRUMP was forced to use a BATTERY OPERATED comb-over hair poofer….
9. BRITISH scientists have created a broccoli that is supposed to improve your health…and they say it tastes good, too….but yet, four out of five kids say it’s recommended by the dogs under the table…
10. JESSICA SIMPSON has confirmed that she is pregnant…let’s hope the “dumbness gene” skips a generation…
11. rapper TOO SHORT, (yes, that’s his name) is being sued by a woman who claims that he grabbed her breasts during a concert….so, obviously, he’s not TOO SHORT to reach what he wants…
12. republican presidential candidate HERMAN CAIN is denying reports that as a businessman, he was accused of sexual harassment….he says the statement is completely false, and any woman claiming otherwise needs to be spanked….
13. JUSTIN BIEBER’S new CHRISTMAS cd called “UNDER THE MISTLETOE” comes out today…it’s the perfect gift for the holidays…listen to it for a few minutes, and you’ll appreciate a “silent night.”
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
After all the background checks, interviews and testing were done for the CIA, there were three finalists: two men and a woman. For the final test, the CIA agent took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.
“We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill her.”
The man said, “You can’t be serious. I could never shoot my wife.”
The agent said, “Then you’re not the right man for this job. Take your wife and go home.”
The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes. “I tried, but I can’t kill my wife.”
The agent said, “You don’t have what it takes. Take your wife and go home.”
Finally, it was the woman’s turn. She was given the same instructions to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one after the other. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls.
After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman. She wiped the sweat from her brow.
“This gun is loaded with blanks,” she said. “I had to beat him to death with the chair.”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…