WELCOME TO MONDAY EVERYBODY!!! I HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!!!
WELL, NOW THAT THANKSGIVING IS OVER, WE BEGIN TO FOCUS ON CHRISTMAS….
SO, WE BEGIN OUR MONDAY WITH SOME “CHRISTMAS FUNNIES.”
THE FIRST ONE CRACKED ME UP THIS MORNING!!
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor JUDD NELSON…he turns 52 today…you probably remember him as the “tough guy” in the movie “THE BREAKFAST CLUB.”
here is JUDD NELSON today on birthday number 52….
2. what about the rest of the cast of “THE BREAKFAST CLUB?”
let’s see what they look like today…ladies first…
MOLLY RINGWALD was the “darling” of the 80’s……she appeared in other JOHN HUGHES movies like “SIXTEEN CANDLES”, “PRETTY IN PINK”, and others…..she played the “popular girl” in the hit movie “THE BREAKFAST CLUB.”
MOLLY RINGWALD is still acting, and i think, gets more beautiful with age…she is now 43….
ALLY SHEEDY played the “tough girl” in the movie….
i always thought she had a sexiness about her in the movie, even though she used her own dandruff for snow on a painting..ha ha…
ALLY SHEEDY is still acting as well, and she’s now 49 years old…
and now onto the guys…
ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL played the “nerdy guy” in the movie…it was an AWESOME performance by him…
he went on to star in othe movies with MOLLY RINGWALD, and is still on tv to this date….he was in the hit tv show “DEAD ZONE”, and even had a role in the BATMAN movie “THE DARK KNIGHT.” but, i think my favorite role of his was in the CHEVY CHASE movie “NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION.”
he is now 43…..
and last, but certainly not least, is actor EMILIO ESTEVEZ who played “the jock.”
EMILIO is still out there acting, but he hasn’t gotten NEARLY the press that his half brother has received…his half brother, of course, is CHARLIE SHEEN…..
EMILIO is now 49….
3. wow…i didn’t think that i ate that much on thanksgiving, but man oh man was i sick thursday night….and, of course, in typical AMERICAN fashion, i kept packing it in that night, with a bowl of popcorn, a diet pepsi, and some chocolate……SELF INFLICTED PAIN!!! ha ha
4. my wife and i were shocked to go out on black friday around 8:30, to find wal-mart and target basically empty…i mean, there were people in there, but nothing like previous black friday’s…..however, the lakewood mall and menard’s were PACKED….i guess this early shopping season helped ease the crowds in the morning…
5. okay, it’s SOAPBOX TIME….
i have serious concerns about black friday starting so early….our country has already seen a moral slide in family values, and now, i’m afraid that with stores continually having black friday specials early, that thanksgiving with family may disappear forever one of these coming years…..
i know of two families where the mom left the family thanksgiving early to get to town to get ready for the buys…..
well, it looks like it’s true……retail apparently runs this country…..
i just hope it’s not so…i hope that retail doesn’t destroy family get together’s…….but i do have an uneasy feeling inside of me….one of these years, black friday will consume wednesday late night, all the way thru thanksgiving day……
6. we watched the thanksgiving day “MACY’S parade” on thursday, and got to see NEIL DIAMOND on SOUTH DAKOTA’S float…one of my family members quipped “wouldn’t it be funny if NORTH DAKOTA stole NEIL and had him on their float?” ha ha….yeah, proably not so funny…would have started the DAKOTA WAR..ha ha
7. i heard a couple of horror stories about black friday shopping…a guy that we know, who is HUGE, said that a guy tried crawling over the TOP of him to get into a store….our friend quickly put a stop to that…he also had a lady run her shopping cart into the back of his legs…..i’m sure there were other horror stories, too…..one year, i saw a lady walk right up to a young mother’s cart and take the toy out of there, and then headed to the checkout line…i wish i would have stopped it…i feel bad to this day….
8. well, AMERICANS are back to work today after the holiday weekend…..it was hard to tell if people were shedding tears from saying goodbye to family, or if it was the after effect of getting pepper sprayed while shopping….
9. black friday sales were up almost 7 percent nationwide….republican presidential candidate RICK PERRY went shopping too….he went out to buy a flat screen tv, a new laptop, and a……umm…..i can’t remember the third thing….
10. today is “CYBER MONDAY”…this naming of days is getting ridiculous…first we had “BLACK FRIDAY,” and then “SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY,” and now “CYBER MONDAY.” which will likely lead to “TAPPED OUT TUESDAY”, “ASSAULT AND BATTERY WEDNESDAY,”, and finally, “MEET WITH YOUR LAWYER THURSDAY.”
11. “A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS”, special on thanksgiving night, easily beat out the “LADY GAGA THANKSGIVING SPECIAL.” i guess when AMERICANS want to see a cartoon creature with a big nose who lives in a fantasy world, they prefer SNOOPY instead of LADY GAGA…
12. a student at SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE was given a littering citation for dumping a truckload of dead ducks inside the building that housed a rival fraternity….well, so much for that internship at AFLAC….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
AN OLDER GENT HAD AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE A UROLOGIST WHO SHARED AN OFFICE WITH SEVERAL OTHER DOCTORS. THE WAITING ROOM WAS FILLED WITH PATIENTS.
HE APPROACHED THE RECEPTIONIST DESK. THE RECEPTIONIST WAS A LARGE IMPOSING WOMAN WHO LOOKED LIKE A WRESTLER. HE GAVE HER HIS NAME. IN A VERY LOUD VOICE THE RECEPTIONIST SAID, “YES, I SEE YOUR NAME HERE… YOU WANT TO SEE THE DOCTOR ABOUT IMPOTENCE, RIGHT?”
THE HEADS OF ALL THE PATIENTS IN THE WAITING ROOM SNAPPED AROUND, TO LOOK AT THE VERY EMBARRASED MAN.
HE RECOVERED QUICKLY THOUGH, AND EQUALLY LOUD VOICE REPLIED, “NO, I’VE COME TO INQUIRE ABOUT A SEX CHANGE OPERATION….AND I’D LIKE THE SAME DOCTOR THAT DID YOURS!!”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY!!