CAN YOU BELIEVE IT’S DECEMBER? WOW..THAT’S CRAZY!!!
HERE ARE YOUR THURSDAY FUNNIES….
TRUST ME..I AM GOING TO AVOID THIS LADY!!
THIS MADE ME CHUCKLE YESTERDAY….
1. happy birthday wishes are going out today to singer GILBERT O’SULLIVAN….remember him? i bet you will!! he is the singer of 70’s classics, “ALONE AGAIN, NATURALLY”, and “GET DOWN”, plus the hit song “CLAIRE.”
he turns 65 today…..yep…two years younger than my parents…ha ha…
here is GILBERT O’SULLIVAN back in his early years…
GILBERT O’SULLIVAN is still performing today, but i haven’t seen him on a concert docket in our country for many many years…i’ll let you know if i ever see it…
here’s GILBERT O’SULLIVAN today at 65….
2. how can we salute a guy with such wonderful music without posting some videos? get ready to head down MEMORY LANE…
first of all, here’s his most popular hit….here’s “ALONE AGAIN, NATURALLY.”
here’s another one of my favorites by him…”GET DOWN.” you’re a bad dog, baby…yeah, try saying that today, guys!!
and here’s his top ten hit “CLAIRE.” (hey, he’s wearing that sweater from the above album!!)
3. i was thinking last night about some of my favorite movies of the 60’s and 70’s…..i don’t know if you guys used to do this or not, but my schools in LANGFORD and VEBLEN, used to have “CHRISTMAS movies”, where they would show a movie to the whole school the day before the CHRISTMAS break took place…
in VEBLEN, they showed a movie that i ABSOLUTELY LOVED…it starred TERENCE HILL as a crazy, gun slinging, funny cowboy called “TRINITY.” the movie was called “TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME.” do you remember him? do you remember the movie?
here is TERENCE HILL with his long time co-star BUD SPENCER…
TERENCE HILL is now 72 and lives in ITALY…
4. another one of my favorite movies were the “BILLY JACK” movies….they starred actor TOM LOUGHLIN and his co-star DELORES TAYLOR….
well, i learned something new from researching this….actress DELORES TAYLOR was born in WINNER, SOUTH DAKOTA…yep, and she’s married to TOM LOUGHLIN, her movie co-star…
DELORES is now 72 years old, and TOM is now 80…here they are today…
5. “I WANT TO BE A DENTIST.”
guess what i watched the other night for the 7,345th time? RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER….
it’s amazing how watching something can take you right back to your childhood…that’s right, as soon as i started watching it, i transformed back into the late 60’s and started drooling and peeing my pants……
my favorite character was “HERMEY”, who wanted to be the “DENTIST.”
great stuff…the first time it aired on tv was in 1964….just a few months after i entered this world, so, RUDOLPH has been a part of my life for every CHRISTMAS….
6. speaking of CHRISTMAS, be careful what you say to me….ha ha….i have had AT LEAST a dozen people in the last few days tell me “it’s just not CHRISTMAS without snow…” one person even told me, “we could sure use a foot of the white stuff.”
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? this weather is incredible….and besides that, CHRISTMAS IS IN THE HEART….yeah, i agree, a dusting of snow would be nice on CHRISTMAS eve and day, but let’s not get carried away!! ha ha
7. a new RASSMUSSEN poll shows that NEWT GINGRICH now leads PRESIDENT OBAMA by 45 percent to 43 percent…no need to worry…OBAMA plans on picking up extra points during the swimsuit competition….
8. federal agents in CALIFORNIA have uncovered the “most sophisticated” drug tunnel in years….the tunnel runs from MEXICO to CALIFORNIA, and it’s so sophisticated that it has three STARBUCKS along the route…
9. today is the anniversary of the day back in 1953 when PLAYBOY magazine first went on sale….and a generation of boys grew up believing that women had staples in their navels….
10. BRISTOL PALIN was given a $210 dollar ticket for running a red light in ALASKA last week…hey, whatever it takes to get back in the news….
11. thank goodness the NBA is set to begin again…now the words “FAST BREAK,” will be about basketball again, instead of about KIM KARDASHIANS wedding….(thought i wouldn’t get one in, did you?….yee of little faith!!!)
12. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN and SCOTT DISICK have announced that they are expecting their second child…they said they don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl, as long as they can spin their kids off to their own reality show and get a cut of the DVD sales….
13. reaction continues to DR. CONRAD MURRAY’S four years in prison for involuntary manslaughter in the death of MICHAEL JACKSON….FOUR YEARS IN PRISON? too bad his last name wasn’t LOHAN…then it would be ONE HOUR AND 12 MINUTES IN PRISON…
14. the woman who claims to have had a long long affair with HERMAN CAIN, is being identified only as “GINGER.” oh, please, please, please, don’t tell me that two more are coming out called “MARY ANN” AND ” LOVEY HOWELL.”
15. JOKE OF THE DAY: (LOVE THIS ONE)
An 80-year-old Texas rancher goes to the Mayo clinic in Rochester for
The doctor is amazed at what good shape the guy is in and asks, ‘How
‘I’m from Texas and in my spare time I like to hunt and fish’ says the
‘Well’ says the doctor, ‘I’m sure that helps, but there’s got to be
‘Who said my father’s dead?’
The doctor is amazed. ‘You mean you’re 80 years old and your father’s
‘He’s 100 years old,’ says the old Texan. ‘In fact he worked with and
‘Well,’ the doctor says, ‘that’s great, but I’m sure there’s more to
‘Who said my Grandpa’s dead?’
Stunned, the doctor asks, ‘you mean you’re 80 years old and your
‘He’s 118 years old,’ says the man.
The doctor is getting frustrated at this point, ‘So, I guess he went
‘No, Grandpa couldn’t go this morning because he’s getting married today.’
At this point the doctor is close to losing it. ‘Getting married!! Why
‘Who said he wanted to?’
HAVE A TERRIFIC THURSDAY EVERYBODY!!