IT’S THURSDAY…AND WE INCH CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE WEEKEND!!!
FLOORMAX in ABERDEEN proudly brings you today’s daily blog….
have you been there yet? if not, c’mon, check it out…the largest in stock selection within a 150 mile radius is waiting for you. they’re located in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…
1. here come your thursday funnies…..
**i just figured out my “to-do” list for today…
i CANNOT TELL YOU how many times i have done the following thing in the past years…wow….
this next sign should teach any parents not to watch their kids!!
absolutely no words are needed for the next one…ha ha
2. happy birthday wishes are in order today for country music/pop singer/legend RAY PRICE…he turns 86 years old today….
i wanted to feature him because he is definetly a living legend…this guy was so traditional country back in the 50’s and 60’s, crossed over to pop in the 70’s, and has been touring on the road since the 50’s…AND STILL GOING TODAY….
i had a chance to not only see him in concert a few years back, but also meet him….i had met GARTH BROOKS, ALAN JACKSON, GEORGE STRAIT, and others, but i SHOOK when i met RAY PRICE…that’s how big this guy is….
i guess, one of the big reasons i’m such a fan, is that years ago, RAY PRICE shared an apartment with my musical idol HANK WILLIAMS after HANK had left his wife for awhile….from what i hear, these guys were nothing but trouble together…ha ha
here’s RAY in his early years….
and here’s RAY PRICE today on birthday number 86…LOOKING GREAT…AND STILL HAS THAT INCREDIBLE VOICE…
2. do you remember RAY PRICE’S big hits? well, i’m about to remind you…
here’s the all time classic “HEARTACHES BY THE NUMBER.”
and here’s the song that transcended country music into pop music, and became one of the biggest selling songs of the entire 1970’s….here’s RAY PRICE and “FOR THE GOOD TIMES.”
3. have you ever wondered whatever happened to the “INGALLS’S MAMA” ? her name is KAREN GRASSLE, and she played CAROLINE INGALLS on “LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE”…..what a beautiful woman she was, and is…here she is back on the show…
KAREN GRASSLE has done some acting and stage work since the show…she was once in a production of “DRIVING MISS DAISY.”
she is now 69 years old…she turns 70 in february…WOW…and is still beautiful!!!
4. if a friend of mine and I figured it out right yesterday, this saturday night will be the 15th time i’ve hosted the SOUTH DAKOTA SNOW QUEEN FESTIVAL….i know FOR SURE it’s been over a dozen years, but, if our calculations are right, that’s what it is……man, that’s a lot of pageants…..AND I’M ONLY 28 YEARS OLD…HOW DOES THAT WORK?
5. i was a dead hunk of nothing last night..ha ha…the previous night i only slept two hours total, so, last night my butt was on the couch by 6:15, and i really don’t remember much after that….sometimes we need to go into short comas like that….
6. it’s a new episode of “THE OFFICE” tonight….and i don’t care..ever since ANDY took over as boss and STEVE CARRELL left, the show hasn’t been the same….i would normally be excited all day long for tonight, but, that feeling is gone….oh, i’ll watch it, but it’s not the same….
7. HOSTESS, the makers of TWINKIES, has filed for bankruptcy….i wonder if it’s just a coincidence that this happened right after CHARLES BARKLEY went on WEIGHT WATCHERS….
8. in ARKANSAS, a criminal forced a 73 year old woman to rob a bank…why? i’m sure that he figured he didn’t need to get her a ski mask when she could just pull her rubber pants over her head….
9. a man from FLORIDA was arrested last weekend for animal cruelty when he drove his jeep thru a flock of seagulls….next he plans on driving his car thru “WHAM”, and “FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD.” (you have to be a child from the 80’s to appreciate this one!)
10. LINDSAY LOHAN reportedly owes over $93,000 dollars to the I.R.S…..to pay it off, she plans on appearing nude in next month’s “INTERNAL REVENUE DIGEST.”
11. VAN HALEN with original lead singer DAVID LEE ROTH have released on song called “TATTOO.” it’s apparently the answer to fans asking them, “is that a tattoo or a liver spot?”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Maxine took her car to her mechanic. She told him “Every time I take any of my friends out in my car, after a while there is this terrible smell! It never happens when I am on my own.”
This quite intrigued the mechanic so he said, “OK, let’s go for a spin and see what the problem is.”
Off they went.
She drove down a one-way street in the wrong direction at 70 MPH, swerving, hitting the curb on both sides of the street, narrowly missed three pedestrians in pedestrian crossings, ran several red lights, and just missed a policeman on street traffic duty.
They returned to the shop and she said, “There it is now, there’s that terrible smell. Can you smell it?”
“Smell it? Lady, I’m sittin’ in it!”
HAVE A TREMENDOUS THURSDAY MY FRIENDS…