HUMP DAY, BABY!!! ON THE DOWNSLIDE TO THE WEEKEND….
1. here come your wednesday funnies!!!
i LOVE the next one!!!
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to actor DEAN JONES who appeared in many many many WALT DISNEY movies….he starred in “THE SHAGGY DOG”, “HERBIE THE LOVE BUG”, “THAT DARN CAT”, and many many many more.
here’s DEAN JONES back in his younger days….
DEAN JONES is 81 years old today…here he is recently…
3. today we’re going to find out what happened to the INGALLS girls from “LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.”
let’s go oldest to youngest…
MELISSA SUE ANDERSON played the older sister MARY…she is now 49, and is A KNOCKOUT….
always loved her eyes!!
MELISSA GILBERT played “half pint” or LAURA INGALLS on the show….she has been one busy girl since the show ended, including being president of the SCREEN ACTOR’S GUILD….she is now 47, and has a birthday three days after mine….
here’s MELISSA GILBERT looking good at 47….
and finally, a set of twins played the youngest girl CARRIE on the hit show….the twins names are LINDSAY and SIDNEY GREENBUSH…they are now 41…here they are today….
4. actor JAMES FARENTINO died yesterday at the age of 73…..he appeared in over 100 movies, tv shows and stage productions…he had a face you always remember, but his name sometimes escaped you….
he was married four times, including a stint with actress MICHELLE LEE from 1966-1982.
JAMES FARENTINO appeared in such movies as “THE FINAL COUNTDOWN”, “BLUE THUNDER”, and he played SAINT PETER in the production of “JESUS OF NAZARETH.”
here is JAMES FARENTINO in his final years…
5. other than driving in heavy fog, there’s not much worse than driving in heavy, driving show when you can’t see the road because it’s completely white…that’s what happened late afternoon to many of us….and i wasn’t really happy coming back from HOUGHTON last night….i was driving about 45-50 miles per hour on highway 12, when a semi came by me like 70 miles per hour, and COMPLETELY BLINDED me with snow fog…..very very scary….
6. AL CAPONE died on this date in 1947…i had NO IDEA that he was only 48 years old…looked much older…of course, all that killing, extortion and running from police probably took it’s toll on him…
7. a new report from the federal government says that 20 percent of AMERICANS suffer from some sort of mental illness…the number has skyrocketed since “JERSEY SHORE” came on tv….
8. this week in 1945, EARL TUPPER opened his first TUPPERWARE plant….how did he celebrate the grand opening? he just opened the door and burped some air out of the building….
9. for the first time ever, DISNEY changed their policy and will now allow workers to have beards and facial hair…great..now i get to see CINDERELLA with a 5:00 shadow….
10. a dog named UNCLE CHICHI had to be euthenized in NEW YORK, and it was believed to be approximately 25 years old. if he were a human, he would be around 175 years old….and BEGGING for someone to euthenize him….
11. a MASSACHUSETTS dentist has pleaded guilty to fraud for using paper clips in root canals….what’s next? WHITE-OUT liquid paper as a teeth whitener?
12. KIM KARDASHIAN supposedly ended her marriage after psychic JOHN EDWARDS told her that her late father ROBERT KARDASHIAN told him that she should file for divorce…and then after that, KIM got into a fight with the ghost of ANNA NICOLE SMITH over the nearest dumb rich guy….
13. the queen of soul, ARETHA FRANKLIN and her fiancee have called off their wedding, fearing that they were moving a bit too fast and hadn’t thought everything through….DID YOU HEAR THAT KIM KARDASHIAN?
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A newly married sailor was informed by the Navy that he was going to be stationed a long way from home on a remote island in the Pacific for a year. A few weeks after he got there he began to miss his new wife, so he wrote her a letter.
“My love,” he wrote, “we are going to be apart for a very long time. Already I’m starting to miss you and there’s really not much to do here in the evenings. Besides that, we’re constantly surrounded by young attractive native girls. Do you think if I had a hobby of some kind I would not be tempted?”
So his wife sent him back a harmonica saying, “Why don’t you learn to play this?”
Eventually his tour of duty came to an end and he rushed back to his wife.
“Darling” he said, “I can’t wait to make passionate love to you!”
She kissed him and said, “First let’s see you play that harmonica.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEDNESDAY…