HAPPY THURSDAY…THE CLOCK IS TICKING TOWARD THE WEEKEND….
1. here come your thursday funnies….
2. the actor and legendary baseball broadcaster BOB UECKER turns 77 years old today…he was on tv in the 80’s sitcom “MR. BELVEDERE”, and has been the announcer for the radio broadcasts of the MILWAUKEE BREWERS for many year…a couple of years ago, BOB UECKER received a “50 years in baseball” award commemorating his career not only as a player, but also as a broadcaster…
here’s BOB when he first started playing….
and here’s BOB UECKER today at 77….
3. speaking of the show “MR. BELVEDERE”, let’s find out whatever happened to the cast…my wife and i used to LOVE this show….
actor CHRISTOPHER HEWETT played the title role of “MR. BELVEDERE”…he died in 2001 at the age of 80…..
ILENE GRAFF played BOB UECKER’S wife, MARSHA on the show…she is now 62 years old and is GETTING BETTER WITH AGE…WOW…
ROB STONE played the oldest child “KEVIN” on the show…he is now 49, and will turn 50 this september…
TRACY WELLS played the daughter “HEATHER.” she is now 41 years old….
and actor BRICE BECKHAM played the wise cracking youngest child “WESLEY.” this boy was into everything, but was hilarious….BRICE is now 35…
4. the “other half” of the pop group “WHAM!” turns 49 today..his name is ANDREW RIDGELEY…he, of course, was the other guy from GEORGE MICHAEL, who definetly had the most success from the group…
here they are…the birthday boy is on the right….
here’s ANDREW RIDGELEY on birthday number 49….
what about his musical partner, GEORGE MICHAEL? well, he’s still out there performing on the road…he did have some legal problems in the past couple of decades dealing with…umm…let’s see…shall i say, “his private parts?”
GEORGE MICHAEL is now 48. here he is today…
5. we have to do one “WHAM” song….here’s their huge hit “WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO”…
6. remember when i talked about getting stuck in a quarter inch of snow or less the other day? well, apparently i need tires, or driving lessons..i have now been stuck THREE TIMES and we haven’t had crap for snow…..i need to put some more weight in the back of my car apparently…time to call an ex girlfriend…KIDDING…
7. HILLARY CLINTON named former LAKER’S star KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR as the U.S. cultural ambassador….that’s not the only thing she wanted him for…she wants to use his height to have him check second and third floor windows for cheating husbands….
8. new polls in FLORIDA shows that there’s a DEAD HEAT among republican voters…why is that? because half of the voters are dead, and the other half are complaining about the heat….
9. one of the biggest OSCAR suprises was that “UNDEFEATED” was nominated for “best documentary.” it’s an admiring documentary about SARAH PALIN…MICHAEL MOORE would be spinning in his grave about this, except he’s not dead, and if he were, he’d be wedged in there pretty tightly….
10. JOAN RIVERS is calling comedian CHELSEA HANDLER a “drunk”, who slept her way to the top….the only problem is, that in today’s HOLLYWOOD, “slutty drunk” is considered a compliment…..
11. DEMI MOORE is seeking treatment for exhaustion…i have an idea….TRY TO GO FIVE MINUTES WITHOUT TWEETING….
12. JOKES OF THE DAY: (dead ones…ha ha…and there’s nothing funnier than death, right?)
LOVE THIS FIRST ONE…
Father O’Grady was saying his goodbyes to the parishioners after his Sunday morning service as he always does, when Mary Clancey came up to him in tears.
“What’s bothering you so, dear?” inquired Farther O’Grady.
“Oh, father, I’ve got terrible news,” replied Mary.
“What is it, Mary?”
“Well, my husband, passed away last night, Father.”
“Oh, Mary” said the father, “that’s terrible. Tell me Mary, did he have any last requests?”
“Well, yes he did father,” replied Mary.
“What did he ask, Mary?”
Mary replied, “He said, ‘Please, Mary, put down the gun…'”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS …..
A woman died in a scuba diving accident, and her husband was greeted by two grim-faced policemen at his door.
“We’re sorry to call on you at this hour, Mr. Wilkens, but we have some information about your wife.”
“Well, tell me!” the man said.
The policeman said, “We have some bad news, some good news and some really great news. Which do you want to hear first?”
Fearing the worse, Mr. Wilkens said, “Give me the bad news first.”
So the policeman said, “I’m sorry to tell you sir, but this morning we found your wife’s body in San Francisco Bay.”
“Oh my god!” said Mr. Wilkens, overcome by emotion. Then, remembering what the policeman had said, he asked, “What’s the good news?”
“Well,” said the policeman, “When we pulled her up she had two five-pound lobsters and a dozen good size Dungeoness crabs on her.”
“If that’s the good news, then what’s the great news?” Mr. Wilkens demanded.
The policeman said, “We’re going to pull her up again tomorrow morning.”
HAVE A SUPER TERRIFIC THURSDAY…