I CAN SMELL THE WEEKEND!!! (either that or i forgot my deodorant again….)
1. HERE COME YOUR FRIDAY FUNNIES!!!
2. we begin our blog with some sad news…one of the SWEATHOGS has died….actor ROBERT HEGYES, who played “EPSTEIN” died of a massive heart attack yesterday. he was 60 years old….
see if you remember him from “WELCOME BACK KOTTER.”
here he is in a recent picture….
3. happy birthday wishes are going out on saturday to actress SUSAN HOWARD…she played “DONNA KREBS” on the tv show “DALLAS.” one report says she is 70 on saturday, the other says she is 67…..let’s just say…umm…SHE’S 68 AND A HALF…ha ha…actually i found another site that said she’s 67, so let’s go with that…
here she is from the hit tv show…
and here is SUSAN HOWARD recently…
4. actor MARC SINGER turns 64 this sunday…..i first heard about him when he appeared in one of my favorite movies when i was a kid…it was a tearjerker called “SOMETHING FOR JOEY.”
it’s the story of football star JOHN CAPPELLETTI and his brother JOEY who had an incurable disease….when CAPPELLETTI received the HEISMAN trophy, he broke down and dedicated it to his brother….heartbreaking and heartwarming both at the same time….
MARC SINGER also appeared in the tv show “V” back in the 80’s.
and, he was the “BEASTMASTER.”
here’s MARC SINGER today on the weekend of birthday number 64.
5. ANOTHER KINK IN MY WEEKEND…HA HA..
we leave this morning for our sales seminar this weekend in MINNEAPOLIS, and i told you this week that i’m taking my nieces to see the movie “THE DEVIL INSIDE”, because i really want to see it….
well, while checking out the theaters in the MALL OF AMERICA, i found out that one of the theaters has seats that vibrate, and move during the rough scenes of a movie….sounds cool…
the movie playing saturday night is LIAM NEESON’S new one called ‘THE GREY.”
i had no intention of seeing this movie, but my son MITCHELL saw it last night and said it was INCREDIBLE….hmm….and the seating sounds interesting at the theater….read the blog next week to see what i finally went to see…i’m serious torn right now…..but hopefully i’ll heal….
6. my wife lost her godfather and a very special aunt just a few days apart this week….tough week….if you read the paper lately, or listen to my obituary show on KSDN AM 930, you will notice that there has been an abundance of deaths in our area recently….sources tell me that right after the holidays during the colder weather it always increases…
7. HILARY CLINTON says she’s stepping out of politics and won’t be serving a second term as SECRETARY OF STATE…she wants to stay home and spend more quality time yelling at BILL….
8. a FOUR YEAR OLD preschooler in CONNECTICUT took nine bags of marijuana to school for show and tell…ha ha…on a positive note, it’s good to see kids planning for college early….
9. researchers in DETROIT say that packing your nose with cured salted pork is an effective way to stop a nosebleed…it’s also a horrible way to waste delicious bacon…..
10. PAT SAJAK has admitted that he has hosted ‘THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE” while he was intoxicated….so, that explains why he was trying to drunk dial an ex girlfriend with the big wheel….
11. JOKE OF THE DAY: (a nasty one today)
A married couple goes to an agricultural fair and are watching the auctioning off of bulls.
The auctioneer announces the first bull to be auctioned off.
“A fine specimen, this bull reproduced 60 times last year.”
The wife nudges her husband in the ribs, saying, “See! That was more than 5 times a month!”
The second bull is led out.
“Another fine specimen, this wonder reproduced 120 times last year.”
Again the wife bugs her husband, “Hey, that’s some 10 times a month. What do YOU say to that?!”
The third bull is brought out for sale.
“And this extraordinary specimen reproduced 360 times last year!”
The wife slaps her husband on the arm and yells, “That’s once a day, every day of the year! How about YOU?!”
The husband yells back, “Sure, once a day! But ask the auctioneer if they were all with the same fat cow!!”
HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND EVERYBODY…