BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3:00 TODAY UNTIL WEDNESDAY EVENING….6-16 INCHES OF SNOW IS FORECAST, WITH LOTS OF WIND, LOW VISIBILITIES AND HAZARDOUS TRAVEL….CHECK OUT hubcityradio.com FOR ALL THE LATEST WEATHER, ROAD REPORTS, AND ANNOUNCEMENTS…
1. here come your tuesday funnies…
i know i’ve used this one before, but it’s just too good….
the next one is HILARIOUS…
seems EVERYBODY is on facebook these days…
2. the great actor CHARLES DURNING turns 89 today…he has appeared in many movies including “DOG DAY AFTERNOON”, “THE STING”, “THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS”, and he starred with BURT REYNOLDS in the tv show “EVENING SHADE.”
here’s CHARLES DURNING today on his 89th birthday…
3. happy birthday wishes are also in store for actress BERNADETTE PETERS…she is a very beautiful 64 today…and still lookin’ good…
she is known for being a singer, actress, and broadway star, too….but, quite possibly her most famous role was playing opposite STEVE MARTIN in the classic movie “THE JERK.”
man oh man, BERNADETTE PETERS still looks great at 64….
4. a recent HARRIS poll asked people who their favorite news personalities were….guess who won?
my favorite news personality?
who was voted the least favorite news personality? no big suprise…
my least favorite so called “news” person? the incredibly horrible NANCY GRACE…SHE GETS 100 PERCENT OF MY VOTE…
she got 7 percent of the “favorite”, but 23 percent of the “least favorite.”
BRING BACK THE GHOST OF WALTER CRONKITE….in my opinion, the most trusted, and BEST NEWS GUY EVER….
5. well, the snowblower is tuned up, tires filled, and i even had it running yesterday…BRING IT ON OLD MAN WINTER! SHOW US WHAT YOU HAVE!!! (i’ll probably regret saying that)
6. some people never learn….ICE DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD PARKING SPOT….participants in an annual ice fishing contest in WISCONSIN were left trying to find rides home, after 36 VEHICLES WENT THRU THE ICE….THIRTY SIX!! four vehicles were submerged more than halfway, 18 were partially under water, and 14 other ones sank enough to damage the engines….officials said that they warned everybody, and apparently nobody listened…
7. CHELSEA CLINTON turned 32 yesterday..to put that in perspective, her college friends are now too old for her dad to hit on…
8. the DISCOVERY CHANNEL aired a show where scientists speculated how dinosaurs mated…..they think it was either during a CHER concert, or a JOAN RIVERS comedy show….
9. a man from EAGAN, MINNESOTA was arrested for shoplifting for allegedly trying to leave a store with a 19 inch tv in his pants….and being a man, he claimed it was a 36 inch tv….
10. reaction continues to the OSCARS and mostly negative reviews of the broadcast….BILLY CRYSTAL would be bummed about it, if his face allowed him to show any emotions…
11. RICK SANTORUM said on sunday that he does not believe in the separation of church and state…however, he’s adamant about never mixing peanut butter and chocolate….
12. celebrity attorney GLORIA ALLRED sent an e-mail alerting the media that she would be attending the OSCARS, but accidentally sent the e-mail with all of her addresses showing, revealing all of her media contacts…i don’t know, i think that GLORIA is losing it….after the award show, she sent a congratulatory message to MERYL STREEP for winning record of the year for “ROLLING IN THE DEEP.”
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man walks into a tavern and sees a man with a pig sitting on the bar in front of him.
He sits on a stool next to the guy with the pig and asks, “What’s with the pig?”
The guy takes a harmonica out of his pocket and starts playing it. The pig dances a jig up and down the bar. When the guy put the harmonica away, the pig ran down the bar and sat in front of him again.
The man was dumbfounded. He says, “I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. How long did it take you to train the pig to do that?”
The guy tells him, “I trained him six hours a day for two years.”
The man says, “SIX HOURS A DAY FOR TWO YEARS? Isn’t that a terrible waste of time?
The thinks a minute and replies, “Yeah, I guess so, but what’s time to a pig?”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY…PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE SAFE DURING THE STORM!!