I’M BACK AFTER BEING SNOWBOUND FOR A DAY…I’LL TELL YOU ABOUT THAT SHORTLY…BUT FIRST OF ALL….
1. here come your thursday funnies…..
I LOVE THIS ONE…you may have to think about it a bit….
the next one sure makes sense….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor ROBERT CONRAD who turns 77 today…
do you remember his famous commercial?
calculators and cassette players…wow…how 1977….
ROBERT CONRAD starred in a couple of big tv shows including “BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP”, and most famously, “THE WILD WILD WEST.”
***by the way, his “WILD WILD WEST” partner, ROSS MARTIN, died of a massive heart attack in 1981 at the age of 61…..
here’s ROBERT CONRAD today at 77….
3. sad sad news yesterday…we found out that MONKEE’S lead singer DAVY JONES died of a massive heart attack at the age of 66….he was a teenage love of many many girls…..and the MONKEES back in the mid 60’s were “BEATLE-ISH” in popularity….
here’s DAVY JONES recently, including a press photo of THE MONKEES before their recent tour…..from left to right, PETER TORK, DAVY JONES, AND MICKEY DOLENZ….
4. in honor of DAVY JONES, we need to do a couple of hits by THE MONKEES…
here’s DAVY singing lead on “DAYDREAM BELIEVER.”
and here’s my favorite MONKEE’S hit “I’M A BELIEVER”…written, of course, by NEIL DIAMOND…
5. so, yesterday i was watching “NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION” movie for about the 150th time, when i saw something i never realized before……the nerdy cousin’s daughter in the movie was played by a very young JANE KRAKOWSKI….she’s of course, currently starring in “30 ROCK.”
see if you remember this character in the movie….
here’s JANE today…
6. i think that racer DANICA PATRICK is a very nice looking young lady……have you ever wondered what she looked like in high school? hey, we found out…
here’s DANICA PATRICK…
7. well, the storm started out with lots of fun in WARNER on tuesday night….our power went out for about an hour and a half, or so…during the power outage, JEANNIE AND I played cards, and she kicked my butt in every single game….i was happy when the electricity came back on, so we could quit cards and go back to tv..ha ha…
by the way, we were crossing our fingers that the tv would come on before our favorite show “JUSTIFIED”, and it made it by about a half an hour….
8. i couldn’t believe what i saw the other day…JEANNIE and I went for dinner at the PALM GARDEN in ABERDEEN…she had been there before, but it was my first time…LOVED IT…but, my favorite part was after lunch, i went into the sports memorabilia exhibit upstairs…INCREDIBLE…I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH AUTOGRAPHED MERCHANDISE IN ONE ROOM…if you are a sports fan, you NEED to see this…upstairs inside the PALM GARDEN…by the way, i was told that the owner of that stuff has a whole bunch more at home…..AWESOME…
9. the GAO issued a report that no action has been taken on it’s last report on government waste…..ha ha ha…you have to hand it to WASHINGTON, D.C….who else could waste that much money just talking about wasting money?
10. UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER researchers have found that men find women in RED to be attractive, because they think wearing red means that a woman wants to have umm…”intimacy.” that explains those wild and crazy red hat ladies….
11. a school in MASSACHUSETTS has apologized for printing a lunch menu that read “KKK CHICKEN TENDERS…” they mean for it to read “KK”…which stood for KRISPY AND KRUNCHY…i’m a little more concerned that school officials think that the words “crispy” and “crunchy” begin with a K….
12. a former coach of TIGER WOODS, said that he once considered becoming a NAVY SEAL…which would have silly being TIGER is conditioned to avoid water hazards….
13. researchers at the UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL have found out that the bite of a T. REX was actually far stronger than previously thought….i’ll keep that in mind when i take my family on vacation this summer in our new time machine!!
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A knight was about to leave for battle and called one of his squires to his side.
“I’m leaving for the crusade. Here is the key to my wife’s chastity belt. If, in ten years, I haven’t returned, you may use the key as I’m sure she will have needs.”
The knight set out on the dusty road, armored from head to toe. As he took one last look at his castle, he saw the squire rushing across the drawbridge, yelling, “Stop! Stop! Thank goodness I was able to catch you. This is the wrong key.”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT ….
A rich businessman had a meeting with his new son-in-law.
“Welcome to the family,” said the man. “I’m so happy, I’m making you a 50-50 partner in my business. All you have to do is go to the factory every day and learn the operations.”
The son-in-law interrupted. “Oh, um, I actually hate factories. Can’t stand the noise.”
The father-in-law said, “Well, then you’ll work in the office and take charge of some of the operations.”
“I hate office work, too” said the son-on-law. “I can’t stand being stuck behind a desk all day.”
“Wait a minute,” said the father-in-law. “I just made you half-owner of a moneymaking organization, but you don’t like factories and won’t work in a office. What am I going to do with you?”
“Easy,” said the young man. “Buy me out.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY, MY FRIENDS…