YOU DID IT!!!!! last evening around suppertime, we surpassed ONE MILLION VIEWS of my daily blog since i started it…..i also found out that i have made 1,268 posts to the blog…WOW…i sincerely thank each and everyone of you for reading the blog daily….
we’re still trying to find out you read the blog from….shoot me a quick e-mail and let me know.
1. here come your wednesday funnies!!!
YEP..THIS SHOULD WORK!!! OUCH!!
there’s a lot of truth to the next one…ha ha
2. last night i had the opportunity watch an INCREDIBLE documentary of SIMON AND GARFUNKEL…it was two hours long, and talked to them today, plus showed concert video, and video of them in the studio back in the 60’s…..really really good show…..i’ve always been a big big fan, but i have one disappointment…I HAD TICKETS TO THEIR TOUR LAST YEAR AND THEY HAD TO CANCEL…..BUMMER….
here’s SIMON AND GARFUNKEL back in their glory years….
here are some album covers you will recognize…
i think EVERYBODY had this first album..it was the biggest one of their career….
today, both PAUL SIMON and ART GARFUNKEL are 70 years old…wow…SEVENTY…hard to believe…
here’s SIMON AND GARFUNKEL today…
3. how about some SIMON AND GARFUNKEL music?
here’s the legendary classic “BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER.”
here’s another great song…”THE BOXER.”
this one is probably my favorite song from the guys…”HOMEWARD BOUND.”
4. “THE TODAY SHOW” funnyman and weatherman WILLARD SCOTT turns 78 today….
do you know the character that WILLARD SCOTT played years ago, and he is credited for helping create this legendary character?
WILLARD SCOTT played RONALD MCDONALD…
here’s WILLARD SCOTT in his early years of delivering the weather. he, of course, if the guy on the far right….
and here’s WILLARD SCOTT at 78….
5. and finally, “HILL STREET BLUES” star DANIEL J. TRAVANTI turns 72 today…i’m sure you remember him….
here’s DANIEL J. TRAVANTI today at 72….including a picture of a recent role he played…..
6. i had the honor of being with a church family yesterday as their wife, mother and grandmother passed away…i know that some people find this weird, but i love being in that position. i think that death is such a peaceful situation, and it’s thrilling to me to be with someone when they make the move from this world to the next…..it’s hard to say goodbye to someone, but knowing where they are going really helps a lot….
7. i’m sad today…the ABERDEEN WINGS are winding down their season…what will i do without hockey?
GREG ODDE needs a huge pat on the back for bringing this awesome fun to the area….he took the chance, and it turned out incredible….other teams are jealous of the crowds we get at the ODDE ICE ARENA…
and, most of the fun i have dealing with the WINGS is because of the lovely JENNIFER HIEB….she does all the behind the scenes work for the WINGS and is incredible at it….
THANKS ABERDEEN WINGS FOR ANOTHER GREAT SEASON…
by the way, they have games this friday and saturday night, plus a special tuesday game next week….and they will be home a couple more times after that….
8. a new poll says that MITT ROMNEY would be a better choice to beat OBAMA than SARAH PALIN, CHRIS CHRISTIE, or JEB BUSH…wow…that shouldn’t make MITT feel much better….they’re saying that he’s the best choice to beat PRESIDENT OBAMA over people who AREN’T EVEN RUNNING!!!
9. there’s a growing trend of girls posting videos online asking viewers to rate how pretty they are….parents are concerned about their self-esteem, and the KARDASHIAN sisters are concerned about copyright infringement..
10. this is totally weird….in IRELAND, the preserved heart of a 13th century saint was stolen last weekend…police are confident they can find the thieves by studying security video, and watching for sudden cloud-to-ground lightning…
11. SNOOKI from “JERSEY SHORE” has been photographed by paparazzi wearing her engagement ring from fiance JIONNI LAVELLE….it’s quite the rock….previously, when you talked about “SNOOKI’S ROCK”, you were talking about her liver….
12. KIM KARDASHIAN is donating twice the value of her wedding gifts to charity…this will benefit the “less fortunate”. but frankly, i can’t think of anymore more less fortunate than KIM’S next boyfriend….
13. a new book claims that JOHN LENNON was bulimic…he would make himself throw up…right after listening to YOKO ONO’S music….
14. JOKES OF THE DAY: (a couple of classics!!)
Three older ladies were discussing the troubles of getting older. One said, “Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand in front of the refrigerator and can’t remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich.”
The second lady chimed in, “Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can’t remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down.”
The third one responded, “Well, I’m glad I don’t have that problem; knock on wood,” as she rapped her knuckles on the table, then told them, “That must be the door, I’ll get it!”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS ….
Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents. At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
“I PRAY FOR A BICYCLE… I PRAY FOR A NEW PLAYSTATION… I PRAY FOR A NEW DVD PLAYER…”
The older brother leaned over and nudged his younger brother and said, “Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf.”
To which the little brother replied, “No, but Grandma is!”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY…