my friend, KEVIN, always makes picture of me in various other characters…he has done some WONDERFUL ones, but i think one of the best is when he took on my all time favorite movie “THE WIZARD OF OZ.” check me out as the scarecrow….NICE JOB KEVIN…..
1. here come your wednesday funnies…
ANOTHER GREAT REASON TO NOT HAVE MEN TAKES NOTES FOR YOU…..
YEP..I THINK THIS NEXT SITUATION WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM…
2. the great actor MICHAEL CAINE turns 79 years old..yep, one year away from 80….
MICHAEL CAINE is one of only two actors to be nominated for an OSCAR in 5 straight decades, 1960’s thru 2000’s….the other guy is JACK NICHOLSON…MICHAEL, by the way, has been knighted by QUEEN ELIZABETH….
here’s MICHAEL CAINE back in the early years, and with MIKE MEYERS and the gang in an “AUSTIN POWERS” movie…he played AUSTIN’S dad…
here’s MICHAEL CAINE today at 79….
3. the wonderful singer MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHEY turns 67 today…he’s the singer of “WILDFIRE”, and many more….when he started, though, he was just known as MICHAEL MURPHEY…
MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHEY has pretty much switched to all cowboy music today…he still does some of his hits in concert as well…here he is today at 67….
4. let’s do a couple of songs from MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHEY…we can’t do a salute without the incredibly good hit “WILDFIRE.”
one of my favorite songs by him is the country hit from the 80’s “STILL TAKING CHANCES”…see if you remember this one….
5. my WASHINGTON REDSKINS and the dreaded DALLAS COWBOYS are getting totally ripped off by the NFL…they are punishing both teams for supposedly dumping salaries in an uncapped year….or something like that…the NFL head office took $36 million dollars away from the REDSKINS and $10 million away from the DALLAS COWBOYS…lots of people think that this ruling is complete crap…in addition to stifling the SKINS and BOYS from the free agency market this week, it also is creating quite a buzz in the football world…..here’s my take on it…..the head office of the NFL approves all contracts that are made…they APPROVED the contracts both teams were doing, so what are they mad at? supposedly, the NFL met with REDSKINS general manager BRUCE ALLEN yesterday, when they admitted that the SKINS and BOYS did nothing wrong, but they said that both teams actions affected “competitive balance.” some ESPN analysts said that all teams could have done this last year, but many chose not to….TOTAL CRAP…
6. we could hit 80 degrees by friday and sunday of this week…wow…remember the days of blizzards during the state basketball tournaments? not this year…i had a “weather freak” tell me yesterday that it’s not good to get this warm this early….i don’t know..i think he’s crazy..i’ll take this weather over snow, wind, and wind chills which we normally would have…by the way, one of my friends came back from NEVADA yesterday, and she said on facebook that we were as warm as they were in NEVADA…that’s unbelievable….
7. a CBS news poll says that president OBAMA’S approval ratings have plummeted to their lowest levels since he took office…let me guess….the poll was taken at gas station pumps around the country….
8. republicans hope to get a presidential candidate soon…conservatives don’t like any of the current candidates…they’re calling the selection process the “road to the final bore.”
9. DONALD TRUMP, JR., and his brother ERIC are catching some heat for posing with some dead animals while on a hunting trip to AFRICA…what’s the big deal? their dad, DONALD TRUMP has been posing with that dead animal on his head for years….
10. KIM KARDASHIAN is not happy with “MAD MEN” star JON HAMM…he called her “STUPID.” KIM has now called in a tutor and is working round the clock to come up with a suitable comeback.
11. OKLAHOMA may soon be drug testing all candidates who are running for public office…great, now they will NEVER find any qualified people to run!!
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
When the store manager returned from lunch, he noticed his clerk’s hand was bandaged, but before he could ask about the bandage, the clerk said he had some very good news for him.
“Guess what, sir?” the clerk said. “I finally sold that terrible, ugly suit we’ve had so long!”
“Do you mean that repulsive pink-and-blue double-breasted thing?” the manager asked.
“That’s the one!”
“That’s great!” the manager cried, “I thought we’d never get rid of that monstrosity! That had to be the ugliest suit we’ve ever had! But tell me. Why is your hand bandaged?”
“Oh,” the clerk replied, “after I sold the guy that suit, his guide dog bit me.”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY!!