OH, YEAH, BABY!!!
1. here come your thursday funnies…
this one cracked me up last night!!!
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to a dear friend of mine from a few years back…singer/songwriter JAMES HOUSE turns 57 today….i got to get aquainted with him back when i lived and worked in LISBON, NORTH DAKOTA….he absolutely has a heart of gold…we had a little girl who was sick at that time, and out of the kindness of his heart, JAMES HOUSE and his band came to town to play a couple of fundraising shows….
and you may remember that JAMES HOUSE came to ABERDEEN and co-hosted the south dakota snow queen festival with me a few years back…
he has written songs like “IN A WEEK OR TWO” for DIAMOND RIO, “AIN’T THAT LONELY YET”, for DWIGHT YOAKAM, and “A BROKEN WING” for MARTINA MCBRIDE..
this happens to be my favorite JAMES HOUSE album of all time…
here’s my friend JAMES HOUSE today at 57….
3. take some time and listen to this song…i think this is one of the best songs i have EVER played in my 24 years in radio…it’s JAMES HOUSE with “YOU JUST GET BETTER ALL THE TIME.”
4. that cute little girl from “FAMILY MATTERS” is having a birthday today…KELLIE WILLIAMS played the role of LAURA WINSLOW, who was the love of the nerdy STEVE URKEL…remember her?
here’s a cast photo…
KELLIE WILLIAMS is now 36 years old and is STILL VERY BEAUTIFUL…
5. what about the nerd? ha ha…(geez, i should talk!!)…
JALEEL WHITE played the awesome character of URKEL on “FAMILY MATTERS.” he is now 35 years old and is one of the contestants this year on “DANCING WITH THE STARS.”
here’s JALEEL WHITE today, along with KELLIE WILLIAMS his tv show co-star…
6. my son MITCHELL told me last night that he has absolutely ate the last bowl of his favorite cereal, which will remain nameless…why? BECAUSE HE FOUND A DEAD BUG AND A LIVE BUG IN HIS CEREAL…i would have thrown up….yuck…
7. my confirmation kids are out of control…ha ha…remember last week when they covered my car with sticky notes? well, apparently i didn’t get the memo that last night was “HIDE JAY’S TIE NIGHT.” crazy kids….found it hanging on my outside window of my car as i was taking off for HOUGHTON for lenten services….i think i’m going to make all of them take another year of confirmation….
8. MY FAVORITE FACEBOOK LINE FROM YESTERDAY FROM MY GOOD FRIEND SUSAN…here’s what she said….
Shirley says, “Sophie, you know I’m shy. Why don’t you go over to him at the pool and find out a little about him. He looks so lonely.”
Sophie agrees, and later that day at the pool, she walks up to him and says, “Excuse me, mister. I hope I’m not prying, but my friend and I were wondering why you looked so lonely.”
“Of course I’m lonely,” he says, “I’ve spent the past 20 years in prison.”
“You’re kidding! What for?”
“For killing my third wife. I strangled her.”
“What happened to your second wife?”
“I shot her.”
“And, if I may ask, your first wife?”
“We had a fight and she fell off a building.”
“Oh my,” says Sophie. Then turning to her friend on the other side of the pool, she yells, “Yoo hoo, Shirley. He’s single.”