YEP..IT’S THAT DAY OF THE WEEK…(kind of feels like this sometimes, doesn’t it?)
by the way, the following statement is me on “THE MORNING PARTY.” (of course, minus the dog..ha ha)
1. here come your monday funnies…
this one is HILARIOUS…
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor JOHNNY CRAWFORD who turns 66 today…he played the son MARK, son of LUCAS MCCAIN on the hit tv show “THE RIFLEMAN.”
did you know that JOHNNY CRAWFORD was one of the original MOUSEKETEERS? yep, he was…
in the last couple of decades, JOHNNY has gotten heavily into music with the JOHNNY CRAWFORD ORCHESTRA…
here’s JOHNNY CRAWFORD today at 66…..
3. what about the star of “THE RIFLEMAN?”
first of all, let’s check out the theme song…i used to love this…
i used to LOVE that show…
CHUCK CONNORS continued acting up until his death on november 10th, 1992 at the age of 71….
here he was in his later years…
and here is his gravesite…..he apparently was a big sports fan…
4. “SPOCK” turns 81 today…he, of course, is actor LEONARD NIMOY…he was one of the major stars of “STAR TREK.”
here’s LEONARD NIMOY today at 81….
5. apparently it was movie weekend at our house this weekend…JEANNIE AND I watched a total of three movies between friday night and last night….here’s what we watched….
we started out with the movie “TERMS OF ENDEARMENT”. this movie always turns me into a blubbering idiot…yes, that’s right, i’m a man with emotions…ha ha…..
i absolutely LOVE that movie….no wonder it won “BEST PICTURE” at the ACADEMY AWARDS….
yesterday, we started out the afternoon with a movie i have wanted JEANNIE to watch for quite a few weeks….it’s DANIEL CRAIG in the spooky thriller “DREAM HOUSE.” good good movie…
JEANNIE is a huge zombie fan…one of her favorite shows is ‘THE WALKING DEAD.” so, obviously, she wanted to watch “ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE”…..
our review? in just a few words….
HORRIBLE…AWFUL….REALLY REALLY BAD….
in case you cannot tell, we didn’t like it….ha ha…
6. WAY TO GO ABERDEEN WINGS….
our beloved WINGS played extremely well this weekend as they swept the COULEE REGION CHILL….they close out their regular season this next weekend inALEXANDRIA on friday night, and in BISMARCK on saturday night, and then they turn around and play their arch rival BISMARCK in the playoffs…THAT’S RIGHT, OUR WINGS MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN THEIR SECOND SEASON…can’t wait for those games!!! once again, a huge huge thank you to GREG ODDE for bringing the ABERDEEN WINGS to town….we have a blast at whatever games we can make….
7. actor JAMES CAAN turns 72 today….he played the hothead SONNY in the classic movie ‘THE GODFATHER”…there was a brutal scene when his character was killed when he was ambushed by the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS defense….
8. HASBRO recently celebrated the 60th anniversary of the MR. POTATO HEAD….it brings out the bully in a lot of young people….for six decades kids have been threatening to rearrange his face….
9. there’s a treadmill on the market that tops out at 28 miles per hour…..it’s used to help athletes break through barriers, like the wall behind the treadmill….
10. a man from COON RAPIDS, MINNESOTA, is fighting an order by health officials to get rid of his house…why? because he houses 360 snakes and 60 lizards…on the bright side, there’s not a mouse or mosquito within 50 miles of his house!!!
11. KIM KARDASHIAN got flour bombed at an event over the weekend….it was apparently by an anti-fur activist…but the joke was on the activist…it’s wasn’t fur KIM was wearing…that was her arm pit hair….
12. “JERSEY SHORE” producers are looking at the possibility of phasing out SNOOKI and THE SITUATION, due to her pregnancy and his rehab…how weird…her water is about to break, and he’s drying out….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A woman announces to her friend that she is getting married for the fourth time.
“How wonderful! But I hope you don’t mind me asking what happened to your first husband?”
“He ate poisonous mushrooms and died.”
“Oh, how tragic! What about your second husband?”
“He ate poisonous mushrooms, too, and died.”
“Oh, how terrible! I’m almost afraid to ask you about your third husband.”
“He died of a broken neck.”
“A broken neck?”
“He wouldn’t eat the mushrooms.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC MONDAY!!!