HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY!!!
1. here come your tuesday funnies…..
this one is HILARIOUS….
sometimes a “comma” between two words can make ALL THE DIFFERENCE… HA HA
note to self: AVOID THIS HIGHWAY…
i know a few people who fit the next one….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor MICHAEL YORK, who has a milestone birthday today…he turns 70…..
you probably remember MICHAEL YORK from such movies and tv shows as “CABARET”, “THE THREE MUSKETEERS”, “LOGAN’S RUN”, and he played JOHN THE BAPTIST in the classic “JESUS OF NAZARETH.” all in all, MICHAEL YORK has been in the business around 50 years…
see if you remember him…
here’s MICHAEL YORK today at 70…..
3. IT’S MY VINTAGE TOY EDITION TODAY….
i was thinking yesterday about some of my favorite toys growing up, so i thought i would put together a list of them to take you down memory lane…HERE WE GO….
i think everybody had this toy….
these little clankers were fun until you got hurt…ha ha
my brother and i probably wore this toy out…”ROCK-EM-SOCK-EM ROBOTS.”
this next one, an electric football game, was the most worthless thing we owned..BUT WE LOVED IT…you would place the football players on the field, turn on this “vibrating sound”, and HOPEFULLY they would vibrate themselves into the end zone…stupid….
one of our favorite toys was the game “GNIP GNOP”, which, by the way is ping pong backwards…did you know that?
those cool COLORFORMS gave us the chance to make all kind of different settings of fun….you would stick things to the scenery to make the scene you wanted…they were tons of fun until they dried out and stopped sticking…after that, NOT SO MUCH….
we could take our frustrations out on the BOP TOYS….we had the BOZO THE CLOWN one…
being in radio, and being such a music fanatic, the next toy was probably my favorite one that i ever owned….
THE CLOSE-N-PLAY PHONOGRAPH!!
the toy “HOT POTATO” was fun, until the buzzer went off while you were holding it…then, you were eliminated….
who didn’t love the SHOOTING GALLERY? you would shoot targets with little “steeley marbles.”
while that electronic football game i talked about a while ago was a waste of time, this football game was not….i remember that us boys completely wore out this game…it just couldn’t work anymore after countless hours of playing it….
stairs were our best friends because of “SLINKY.”
many hours were spent at the table making cool designs using the “SPIROGRAPH.”
we used to have some very intense games of TOSS ACROSS…
and finally, this was DEFINETLY one of the favorite things i had…plus you could buy additional slides to use….it’s the “VIEWMASTER.”
WOW…THAT WAS FUN!!!
4. wow…some of the roads in this area are complete CRAP…it’s too bad they can’t put down some gravel or something just to keep all of us from losing our shocks, mufflers, and oil pans….i would have thought that with a very mild winter that they would’t have gotten this bad, but, once again, i would be wrong….
5. for safety reasons, driving instructors say the best way to drive is with your hands at 9 o’clock, and 3 o’clock…that way your knees get a break at 5 o’clock, and 7 0’clock…
6. hundreds of “new agers” have swarmed to a mountain in FRANCE to await the MAYAN apocalypse…they’re spending their time doing weird things like odd rituals, and other stuff..one of the things they are doing is climbing the mountain COMPLETELY NAKED!!! let’s just say that many of them are umm..not in very good shape, which is causing the villagers who can see them to pray for an early apocalypse…..
7. director JAMES CAMERON is back from reaching the deepest part of the earth…hmm…which KARDASHIAN sister do you have to date to do that?
8. MADONNA is being criticized for asking a crowd at a club music festival in MIAMI if they had “SEEN MOLLY”…which is slang for if they had taken ECSTASY….well, if hadn’t, would they be at a club in MIAMI watching MADONNA?
9. there’s lots of buzz going on about the movie “THE HUNGER GAMES” which brought in over 155 million dollars over the weekend…the movie is about a brutal television competition..the hero is a young woman named KATNISS…i wonder if we get to meet her useless sisters, KIM, KOURNEY, AND KHLOE…
10. SIMON COWELL came face to face with a female intruder the other day, who broke into his 14 million dollar LONDON home…SIMON feared for his life, until PAULA ABDUL headed straight for the liquor cabinet…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Sister Mary Ann, who worked for a home health agency, was out making her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of gas. As luck would have it, a BP station was just a block away.
She walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas. The attendant told her that the only gas can he owned had been loaned out, but she could wait until it was returned.
Since Sister Mary Ann was on the way to see a patient, she decided not to wait and walked back to her car. She looked for something in her car that she could fill with gasoline, and spotted the bedpan she was taking to the patient. Always resourceful, Sister Mary Ann carried the bedpan to the station, filled it with gasoline, and carried it back to her car.
As she was pouring the gas into her tank, two Baptists watched from across the street. One of them turned to the other and said, “If it starts, I’m turning Catholic.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL TUESDAY EVERYBODY….