HAPPY WEDNESDAY..HAPPY HUMP DAY…WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT…I JUST KNOW THAT WE’RE HALFWAY TO THE WEEKEND….AND I LOVE THAT!!!
1. here come your wednesday funnies…….
hmm…sounds like this guy is in the right place…ha ha
the next one is my NEW MOTTO…on second thought, it’s not…NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT!!!
i’m going to use this on some people i know…YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!
2. i used to LOVE and HATE this place…it’s the BLUE BUFFALO IN ABERDEEN….
i loved it because the food was good, but i hated it because my brothers and i were TERRIFIED of that stupid buffalo…and my dad knew that, so every time we went there, he parked RIGHT NEXT TO THE BUFFALO…funny guy, huh?
3. i found a song the other day that i haven’t heard in years…and i think you’ll remember it, too…
remember a singer by the name of PAUL EVANS?
he’s known for two big hits, which we will check out soon…PAUL EVANS also he wrote songs for ELVIS PRESLEY, PAT BOONE, AND BOBBY VINTON…he wrote the VINTON classic “ROSES ARE RED.”
the song i want to feature today, is a song that i remember from my childhood…my grandparents in BRITTON had this record in their basement, and we wore the grooves off of it…
remember this one?
see if you remember this song….
PAUL EVAN’S other top ten song was “HAPPY-GO-LUCKY ME”…
PAUL EVANS is now 74…here’s a fairly recent picture of him…
4. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor KEN HOWARD, who turns 68 today…he’s best known for playing COACH KEN REEVES in the hit tv show “THE WHITE SHADOW.”
here’s KEN HOWARD today at 68….by the way, he was elected the president of the SCREEN ACTOR’S GUILD….
5. speaking of shadows, my son MITCHELL, who works at CARMIKE THEATERS, told me the other day that the soap opera “DARK SHADOWS,” about a vampire named BARNABUS COLLINS, is going to be remade as a movie by TIM BURTON…and, to no shock at all, JOHNNY DEPP and BURTON’S wife HELENA BONHAM CARTER…movie is scheduled to be released in may of this year..
6. speaking of movies, i am in the minority in my house, because i cannot wait to see the new “THREE STOOGES” movie that comes out in a couple of weeks…..
the movie stars WILL SASSO, SEAN HAYES, and CHRIS DIAMANTOPOULOS, who does a dead-on LARRY….
7. so, i’m driving down state street heading towards NORTHERN the other day, when a car coming toward me almost hits me…and big shock, she was TEXTING…so, i decided to check out the next seven cars, and guess what…FIVE OUT OF THE NEXT SEVEN CARS WERE TEXTING…unreal…
8. director JAMES CAMERON has revealed what he saw on the earth’s deepest ocean floor…what did he find? DVD’S of the movie “JOHN CARTER.” and KIM KARDASHIAN’S wedding vows….
9. TRIPLE A put cameras in the cars of teenagers and found that many are distracted while driving….teenage girls are distracted mostly by cell phones and texting, while teenage boys are mostly distracted by teenage girls….
10. KHLOE KARDASHIAN is cutting off her ties to PETA after it turns out the woman who “floured” her sister KIM is a millitant animal rights activist with the group….this KHLOE and PETE thing is a really ugly split….it’s almost like they were married for two months….
11. critics are blasting MADONNA for promoting drug use after the singer asked the crowd at a MIAMI concert “if they had seen MOLLY,” which is a reference to taking ecstasy….this is stupid…didn’t the crowd know that at her age ecstacy means BEN GAY AND A HEATING PAD?
12. JOKE OF THE DAY: (thanks to CHARLIE for this one)
A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn’t find a space with a meter.
Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: “I have circled the block 10 times. If I don’t park here, I’ll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses.”
When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note “I’ve circled this block for 10 years. If I don’t give you a ticket I’ll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC HUMP DAY EVERYBODY!!