HAPPY THURSDAY..MAUNDY THURSDAY DURING “HOLY WEEK.”
1. first of all, and most importantly, i want to wish happy birthday wishes to my brother TROY….he is 47 today..in fact, we are the same age for ONE MONTH EXACTLY…that’s because on may 5th, i will turn 48….happy birthday TROY…i love ya!!
here’s my brudder with his beautiful wife SUE….
2. here come your thursday funnies…
do you know that game “ANGRY BIRDS?” well, these are some SERIOUSLY ANGRY BIRDS…
this next one hits home…so true….
and now some EASTER funnies…
check out these kids…ha ha…
3. remember the singer MINNIE RIPPERTON? she had the song “LOVIN’ YOU.” well, it was on this date in 1975 that this song was number one…..
here’s MINNIE RIPPERTON back in the 70’s…..
sadly, MINNIE RIPPERTON died on july 12th, 1979 at the tender age of 31 due to cancer…..here is her gravesite….
do you know who MINNIE RIPPERTON’S famous daughter is? it’s former SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE star MAYA RUDOLPH…
here’s the song that was number one on this date in 1975….MINNIE RIPPERTON with “LOVIN’ YOU.”
4. former “BARNEY MILLER” star MAX GAIL has a birthday today..he turns 69….he played the character “WOJO”…see if you remember him…
here’s MAX GAIL on birthday number 69….
5. what about the rest of the cast of “BARNEY MILLER?”
actor HAL LINDEN played “BARNEY MILLER”…he is now 81 years old…
ABE VIGODA played “PHIL FISH”…he later got his own show called “FISH”….as i told you a few weeks ago, ABE VIGODA is 91 years young….
STEVE LANDESBERG played SG.T. ARTHUR DIETRICH…sadly, STEVE died on december 20th, 2010 at the age of 74….
actor RON GLASS played DETECTIVE RON HARRIS…he is now 66 years old…
JACK SOO played the character SGT. NICK YEMANA…he died in 1979 at the age of 61….
and finally, RON CAREY played OFFICER CARL LEVITT…he died in 2007 at the age of 71…..
6. well, i came out virtually unscathed last night at confirmation in HECLA….i was so concerned that my confirmation kids were going to make it FOUR WEEKS IN A ROW of playing pranks on me….last night was quiet…or was it? maybe they did something and i haven’t found it yet….great…now i can’t breathe…..
7. i got to HECLA a bit early yesterday, so i put on my clothes, got on the highway and walked and ran two and a half miles…i’m so glad i’m back in the swing of working out…by the way, i’ve dropped five pounds in the past week…..hopefully another 20-25 yet to come….
8. i’d like to tell you about a bank that REALLY SUCKS, but i had better not…just know that one nationwide bank REALLY SUCKS…
9. a woman tried to rob a bank in CHICAGO, but the teller told her the bank was closed, and to come back tomorrow…believe it or not, THE WOMAN LEFT….this is why few women get ahead in the competitive world of bank robbery….
10. a couple of MASSACHUSETTS unveiled a flying car at the NEW YORK AUTO SHOW this week….cripes….i’ll bet even with a flying car i’ll have trouble parallel parking….
11. police in JAPAN have arrested a 97 year old man, who used his walker to go to a relative’s house and attack her with a sword…he’s the only ninja that you can see coming from two blocks away…
12. according to the latest poll, DENMARK is the HAPPIEST nation in the world…why? because they don’t listen to the MORNING PARTY WITH JAY DEAN….
13. as i told you yesterday, they’ve announced that “DUMB AND DUMBER” will make a sequel starring the original stars JIM CARREY and JEFF DANIELS…we still aren’t sure which one will play SNOOKI and which one will play KIM KARDASHIAN….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY…(kind of long, but very funny….)
A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey. He orders a drink and while he’s drinking it the monkey jumps around all over the place. The monkey grabs some olives off the bar and eats them, then grabs some sliced limes and eats them, then jumps up on the pool table, grabs the cue ball, sticks it in his mouth and swallows it whole.
The bartender screams at the guy, “Did you see what your monkey just did?”
The guy says, “No, what?”
“He just ate the cue ball off my pool table, whole!” says the bartender.
“Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me,” replied the patron. “He eats everything in sight. I’ll pay for the cue ball and stuff.”
He finishes his drink, pays his bill, and leaves.
Two weeks later he’s in the bar again, and he has his monkey with him. He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again. While the man is drinking, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar. He grabs it, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it.
The bartender is disgusted. “Didja see what your monkey did now?” he asks.
“Now what?” responds the patron.
“Well, he stuck a cherry up his butt, then pulled it out and he ATE it!” says the barkeep.
“Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me,” replied the patron. “He still eats everything in sight, but ever since he ate that damn cue ball he measures everything first.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC THURSDAY MY FRIENDS…