HAPPY MONDAY EVERYBODY….IT’S GOOD TO BE BACK…..
1. here come your monday funnies…..
this is a good one…
i know a lot of people that feel the following way…
it doesn’t matter what you do to it, it’s a matter of AIMING…..
and finally, the political picture FINALLY MAKES SENSE…
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to actress SHIRLEY TEMPLE BLACK…she turns 84 today….everybody remembers this little cutie…..
3. a couple of actors have the same birthday today and are the same age…let’s feature them…
first of all, there’s LEE MAJORS…he played the “SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN.” he was also linked to FARRAH FAWCETT for a number of years….
LEE MAJORS turns 73 today…here’s what he looks like today….
4. also, actor DAVID BIRNEY turns 73 today as well….you probably remember him from shows like “SERPICO”, “ST. ELSEWHERE” and many other roles including many on stage as well….
here’s DAVID BIRNEY back then…including when he was married to MEREDITH BAXTER BIRNEY….they have since divorced….
and here’s DAVID BIRNEY today at 73….
5. well, first day back after hernia surgery on thursday…..not ready for this, but i am going to try it anyway……i know this seems stupid to say, but i forgot how much pain you are in after surgery….ha ha….and as i planned my week after surgery, i, IN MY OWN MIND, gave myself three days to recuperate……idiot…not nearly enough…..it’s going to take all of a good week to feel better…..
6. wanted to feel better by this week, because wednesday is our 25th wedding anniversary….hard to believe that my beautiful wife has put up with me for that long……more on that to come…….
7. had a chance to watch a few movies while i was flat on my butt on the couch this past weekend…here’s a couple of them that we watched…..
ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. does a BRILLIANT performance of SIR CHARLES CHAPLIN…..anyone who knows me know that i love CHARLIE CHAPLIN…so, i figured i would like this movie…..ROBERT does an extraordinary job as CHAPLIN…he performs as an “older” version of CHAPLIN talking about his younger years….great movie…
and then it was….
my son MITCHELL had never seen this thriller starring RICHARD GERE and EDWARD NORTON….it’s a fantastic movie that takes you right down to the last scene of the movie…..MITCHELL LOVED IT…
and, of course, the tv show “OUTSOURCED.”
if you have read my blog for months or longer, you know that my wife and i LOVED the tv show “OUTSOURCED” before it was cancelled….we thought it was one of the funniest shows on tv….but, since NBC dropped it, we haven’t seen it…until this weekend….we watched about 10 episodes of the show and remembered instantly why we loved it so much……
8. NFL DRAFT WEEK, BABY….
i just have one thing to say…..
“WITH THE SECOND PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS SELECT….BAYLOR QUARTERBACK ROBERT GRIFFIN THE THIRD.”
9. weekly unemployment claims have been revised to show an increase of a couple thousand….GEEZ…HOW MANY PEOPLE DOES THE SECRET SERVICE EMPLOY, ANYWAY?
10. TIME magazine has named it’s 100 most influential people in the world….and LINDSAY LOHAN just made the 100 most under the influenced people in the world….(or maybe i’m there today because of the pain meds i’m on…..)
11. a new study says that the four biggest predictors of divorce are: criticism, contempt, defensiveness, and stonewalling….except in HOLLYWOOD….where the biggest predictor of divorce is MARRIAGE….
12. a new biography of SIMON COWELL that comes out tomorrow says that COWELL follows a health regimen including weekly vitamin infusions, botox, and colonic irrigation…..NO WONDER HE’S SUCH A PAIN IN THE REAR…..
13. MARTHA STEWART is working on a cooking show for PBS…so, now, OSCAR won’t be the only GROUCH in the neighborhood….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY: (love this one)
A 6 year old and a 4 year old are upstairs in their bedroom. “you know what?” says the 6 year old.
“I think it’s about time we started cussing.” The 4 year old nods his head in approval. The 6 year old continues, “When we go downstairs for breakfast, I’m gonna say something with ‘hell’ and you say something with ‘ass’.
The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.
When their mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, “Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I’ll have some Cheerios.”
WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step.
His mom locks him in his room and shouts, “You can just stay there until I let you out!”
She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice, “And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?”
“I don’t know,” he blubbers, “but you can bet your ass it won’t be Cheerios.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC MONDAY EVERYBODY…