OH YEAH, BABY!!!
1. here come your weekend funnies…..
this is my favorite…i think this guy has a POINT….POINT…get it?
we had church signs yesterday…well, one of our great readers sent one that was actually on a sign in ABERDEEN…funny stuff…
this next one is HILARIOUS….
if you say you have never done the following…YOU’RE LYING…ha ha…
2. the star of “THE ODD COUPLE” and “QUINCY” has a milestone birthday today…..veteran actor JACK KLUGMAN turns 90 today….
he starred with TONY RANDALL on the hit tv show “THE ODD COUPLE.”
i use to LOVE the tv show “QUINCY”….
here’s JACK KLUGMAN today on birthday number 90!!!!
3. this next one surprised me…..the host of “AMERICAN TOP 40”, CASEY KASEM hits 80 today….EIGHTY…and the guy doesn’t look over 60…..
here’s an early picture of CASEY KASEM when he first got into radio…
love the hair…..here’s another one….
i mentioned that CASEY sure looks good for 80…check these out…the first one is with his wife JEAN….
did you know that CASEY KASEM has a famous daughter? he does…and she’s a hottie…..she’s KERRI CASEM…a tv host and of course, radio host, following in her dad’s footsteps…she’s 33 years old….
4. speaking of beautiful, singer SHEENA EASTON hits 53 years old today…..i’m sure you remember her from the 80’s…hits like “MORNING TRAIN 9 TO 5”, “FOR YOUR EYES ONLY”, “YOU COULD HAVE BEEN WITH ME”, and many more….
here she is back in the early 80’s….
here’s SHEENA EASTON today at 53……knockout…
5. we simply HAVE TO do some SHEENA EASTON music…
here’s “MORNING TRAIN 9 TO 5″….
and here’s my favorite SHEENA EASTON song, “YOU COULD HAVE BEEN WITH ME.”
6. some pretty good new movies are coming out today…i want to see a couple of them…
the one that my entire family has been waiting to see DOESN’T EVEN COME TO CARMIKE TODAY…very disappointed….
it’s JOHN CUSACK playing EDGAR ALLEN POE in “THE RAVEN.”
the one JEANNIE AND I are waiting to see is JASON SEGAL and EMILY BLUNT starring in “THE FIVE YEAR ENGAGEMENT.”
and, i haven’t been to an animated movie in quite some time, but i think the new movie “THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS”, looks pretty funny…..
7. don’t forget, our TASTE OF HOME COOKING SCHOOL is saturday at the DEC in ABERDEEN…if you are there, i expect you to hunt me down and visit with me..i LOVE meeting my listeners of “THE MORNING PARTY”, and readers of “THE DAILY BLOG.”
8. referring to TEDDY ROOSEVELT’S policy of “speak softly and carry a big stick,” vice president JOE BIDEN said, “the president has a big stick…i promise you that.” ummmmmm……..i’ll leave that alone…i wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole…ummm……
9. white house party-crasher TAREQ SALAHI is running for governor of VIRGINIA…he’s not officially on the ballot, but he’ll find his way there….
10. the DALAI LAMA told PIERS MORGAN that he didn’t agree with all of GEORGE W. BUSH’S policies, but that he “loved him as a human being.” to which BUSH replied that he loved the DALAI LAMA as a “llama.”….
11. geez….somebody should have figured out the secret service’s prostitution and drinking policies…i mean, c’mon….they called it “OPERATION CHARLIE SHEEN.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they’re physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. ‘Want anything while I’m in the kitchen?’ he asks.
‘Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?’
‘Don’t you think you should write it down so you can remember it?’ she asks.
‘No, I can remember it.’
‘Well, I’d like some strawberries on top, too.. Maybe you should write it down, so not to forget it?’
He says, ‘I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.’
‘I’d also like whipped cream. I’m certain you’ll forget that, write it down?’ she asks.
Irritated, he says, ‘I don’t need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream – I got it, for goodness sake!’
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.
‘Where’s my toast ?’
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEKEND…