YEP…WE ALL KNOW THIS FEELING….
1. here come your monday funnies!!
yep..i’m going to take some crap for this one…ha ha….
isn’t this next one true?
i know a few people that fit in the next category…YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE….
2. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT OF MUSIC LAST NIGHT IN ABERDEEN….if you missed the ABERDEEN UNIVERSITY CIVIC SYMPHONY along with rock legend’s KANSAS, you missed quite possibly the best show EVER in ABERDEEN…seriously…
from the first song to the last song it was unreal….when KANSAS kicked into their big hit “DUST IN THE WIND”, i thought the roof would come off the building….and when they wound the show up with “CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON”, it sent shivers all over my body…
and the fact that KANSAS sat out in the lobby and signed autographs was the perfect closing to the night….
here are a couple of pictures of the event….
(thanks to the AMERICAN NEWS for the pics….if you want to see more pictures of the concert, go to:
here’s lead singer STEVE WALSH who has been with KANSAS since their beginning around 1974….
i personally think that the person that stole the show was orchestra member LINDSEY FLUHARTY of PRIOR LAKE, MINNESOTA, who walked out on stage and dueled with KANSAS violin player DAVID RAGSDALE…LINDSEY is incredible and matched him note for note on the solo during “DUST IN THE WIND.” i don’t think i will ever listen to “DUST IN THE WIND” the same way ever again…awesome….
here she is….
i had a couple of good friends who also were instrumental (no pun intended) in the show…
my buddy DR. ALAN LAFAVE was the practice conductor for the orchestra…
and my friend GREGG MAGERA was in the orchestra…i didn’t see him until he stood up…ha ha…
it’s a night i will never forget…thanks to NORTHERN STATE UNIVERSITY for putting it on…
let’s do it again gang….i know that “STYX” performs with college orchestras too….HINT HINT….
3. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress CLORIS LEACHMAN today…do you know how old she is? 86…that’s right…86 and still working…..(i guarantee you i’m not working at 86…heck, i probably won’t even be alive…ha ha)
CLORIS LEACHMAN starred in the tv show “PHYLLIS”….remember that?
she also was a big part of “THE MARY TYLER MOORE” show…
here’s CLORIS LEACHMAN today at 86…..
4. music legend BOBBY VEE turns 69 years old today….that’s kind of hard to fathom…..
BOBBY VEE was famous for having to fill in for BUDDY HOLLY, THE BIG BOPPER, AND RICHIE VALENS in MOORHEAD, MINNESOTA after their plane crash….that’s where BOBBY VEE got his big start, and the rest they say, is musical history….
BOBBY VEE was my mom’s first love, before my dad…ha ha…mom said she saw in at the STRAND THEATER in BRITTON when she was in high school…that’s cool…
here he is back in his younger years…i see why my mom and millions of other women fell in love with him!!!
i do believe that BOBBY VEE still lives in ST. CLOUD, MINNESOTA….here he is today on birthday number 69….
5. how about some BOBBY VEE music?
this is my all time favorite BOBBY VEE song…
“COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP GIRL.”
how about a little “RUBBER BALL?”
and here’s my second favorite song of BOBBY VEE…
“THE NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES.”
6. HEY, I’M BACK IN REGULAR PANTS….
it took a week and a half after hernia surgery, but i think i’m ready for regular jeans and work pants….i can feel some straining around the area of the surgery today, but it’s tolerable, i think…i did do something stupid yesterday in church…this beautiful little two year old was walking up front for the children’s sermon and stopped midway down the aisle…so, i said, “you want me to hold you, honey?’ and she ran over and jumped into my arms…once i got her in the air i thought, “OH CRAP..” ha ha…she was probably around 30-35 pounds..much more than i should be picking up yet…oh well, i don’t think there was any damage….
7. there is now an online dating site for dogs called MATCHPUPPY.COM…weird…i thought it would be called SNIFFYOURBUTT.COM….
8. KIM KARDASHIAN was a guest at the white house correspondents dinner this weekend….one secret service agent didn’t recognize her and offered her 30 bucks….
9. “TWILIGHT” star KRISTEN STEWART says she is lonely and has no friends…when she gets depressed she just pulls out a suitcase full of “TWILIGHT” money…
10. LINDSAY LOHAN angered the cast and crew of “GLEE” when she showed up six hours late to shoot her scenes….and then she really torked them off when she tried to steal their class rings…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A very shy guy goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, “Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while?”
She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, “No, I won’t sleep with you tonight!” Everyone in the bar is now staring at them. Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table.
After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I’m a graduate student in psychology and I’m studying how people respond to embarrassing situations.”
To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, “What do you mean $200?”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…