well, it’s good to know that the JAY DEAN family is in good hands as far as the future of radio is concerned…ha ha…
this is my beautiful niece BRICELYN….isn’t she a doll?
1. here come your tuesday funnies….
check out these idiots…maybe they should go back to what they are trying to spell…..
i know this to be true…..
HA HA…the next one cracked me up this morning….
and now a little HOLY HUMOR!!!
2. HOW SAD IS THIS….
yesterday, on the day that we honored BOBBY VEE for his 69th birthday, he announced his retirement from the business because he now has alzheimers….
very sad……but what a career he had…..38 top 100 songs, ten top 20 hits, and unbelievably, only ONE number one hit…”TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY BABY.”
MAY GOD BLESS YOU BOBBY……thank you for the incredible memories that we will cherish all of our lives…thank you for the music that will last long after we are gone…and it was a sincere joy meeting you a couple of times in ABERDEEN……
3. speaking of legendary singers, JUDY COLLINS turns 73 today….she is mostly known for her anthem hit “BOTH SIDES NOW.” it was a huge hit in 1968….
here she is back then…
here is JUDY COLLINS today on birthday number 73…..
4. c’mon..we HAVE to play the song…
here’s JUDY COLLINS with “BOTH SIDES NOW.”
my favorite remake of “BOTH SIDES NOW” was done by DOLLY PARTON, with JUDY COLLINS singing with her..if you have time, check this one out….
4. another great singer is having a birthday today…RITA COOLIDGE turns 67 today….her hits included “I’D RATHER LEAVE WHILE I’M IN LOVE, “WE’RE ALL ALONE”, “YOUR LOVE HAS LIFTED ME HIGHER”, and many more…here is RITA COOLIDGE back in her heyday…
did you remember that RITA COOLIDGE was once married to KRIS KRISTOFFERSON?
here’s RITA COOLIDGE today at 67…..
5. how about some RITA COOLIDGE memories?
here’s “I’D RATHER LEAVE WHILE I’M IN LOVE.”
and here’s her classic “WE’RE ALL ALONE”, which was written by BOZ SCAGGS…
6. man, that KANSAS concert has been kicking my butt…i was so wired when i got home from the concert, that i couldn’t go to sleep until about 1:30am, and then got back up at 4am…do the math…not a lot of sleep…ha ha….then last night i didn’t fall asleep until almost 11 and then back up at 4am….i could do that back when i was in my 20’s and 30’s, but not so much anymore….here’s my prediction…
my fat butt will be stuck to the couch about 2:30 today…..
7. i may have mentioned already that i received a kindle fire for my anniversary/birthday present…..my birthday happens to be this saturday may 5th…48 years old…geez..how can that be?
anyway, i was playing with my new kindle fire this past sunday, when i found some re-runs of “ALF.”
i actually forgot how much i liked that show…didn’t LOVE it, but really liked it…..funny stuff…..
8. after the secret service scandal, many members were fired and let go…so, they’re getting together and starting a new business on the subject they know best…the new business is called “VICTORIA’S SECRET SERVICE.”
9. a survey in GREAT BRITAIN found that about 3 percent of respondents are so addicted to texting, cell phones, and the internet, that they often go up to 48 hours without speaking to anyone IN PERSON….they came up with a name for that group…TEENAGERS….
10. KHLOE KARDASHIAN and LAMAR ODOM insist that their reality show isn’t cancelled, it’s just “on hold” while LAMAR focuses on his basketball career….he was halfway thru last season of the show when he remembered that he had a REAL JOB…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two blondes find three grenades, and they decide to take them to
a police station. One asked: “What if one explodes before we get there?”
The other says: “We’ll lie and say we only found two.”
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE…
A blond is in the bathroom and her husband shouts: “Did you find the shampoo?” She says,
“Yes, but I’m not sure what to do…it’s for dry hair, and I’ve just wet mine.”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY…