OH YEAH, BABY…IT’S MY FAVORITE DAY….
1. here come your WEEKEND FUNNIES…
this one cracked me up…and fortunately, or unfortunately, i feel this way….no disrespect to anyone who likes them…ha ha….
this one is one of my favorites!!! probably true, too…
for all of you that feel like the following one, go ahead and RUN WITH IT..ha ha
2. i don’t know why, but this morning i was thinking about the tv show “MEDICAL CENTER”, starring CHAD EVERETT….
remember that show’s intro?
i have always thought that CHAD EVERETT was and is a very nice looking man…hey, i’m comfortable in my manhood so i can talk like that..ha ha…
his co-star JAMES DALY died in 1978 at the age of 59….
CHAD EVERETT is still going at 75 years old…here he is….
3. remember comedian SOUPY SALES? always wondered what happened to him…well, let’s find out….
SOUPY SALES had the show “THE SOUPY SALES SHOW”…wonder where they got the idea for that title? comedy…pies to the face and more….
here’s a picture of SOUPY back in the 70’s….
SOUPY SALES died in 2009 at the age of 83…but, he kept going to autograph signing sessions right up to the end…here he is toward the end of his life….
4. i was thinking about saturday morning tv shows back when i was a kid, and out of the blue, i thought about the show “GHOST BUSTERS.” do you remember that one? no, it’s not the “GHOSTBUSTERS” hit tv movie, but a different one that we will talk about shortly…
the show starred LARRY STORCH, who also appeared on “F-TROOP”
the saturday morning show “GHOST BUSTERS” starred LARRY STORCH, his “F-TROOP” co-star FORREST TUCKER, and an ape named TRACY…
see if you remember the theme song…i certainly did….
the show was on back in 1975….
FORREST TUCKER died in 1986 at the age of 67…LARRY STORCH is still alive…he is now 89….
LARRY STORCH still goes to autograph parties as well, still dressed in his “F-TROOP” costume…here he is at one of those sessions with SOUPY SALES….
5. my sons TYLER AND MITCHELL, and my wife JEANNIE have been talking about the movie “CABIN IN THE WOODS.” they have all gone to see it and i haven’t seen it…until yesterday….MITCHELL AND I went to see the movie at CARMIKE yesterday…
my opinion? pretty good movie…VERY GORY…if you can’t stand blood and murdering, DO NOT GO TO IT….had some pretty incredible monsters in it, and a pretty good story…didn’t really care for the ending, but, you can’t have everything…right?
i can’t decide if i want to see the new movie “THE AVENGERS” this weekend…it groups together all of my favorite superheroes…the only one missing is BATMAN…
i’m almost positive i do want to see it, but i have a feeling we’ll be going to see “THE HUNGER GAMES” this weekend..my beautiful wife has been wanting to see it since it came out….
6. our family tradition continues this weekend…saturday is my 48th birthday, which really doesn’t mean crap to me…it’s just another year…however, our family tradition is that whoever is celebrating a birthday gets to choose where they eat and what activity to do….so, here’s my plan…..
we will eat at BULLY’S…partly because i got a free meal coupon from DR. DAROLD OPP…that was a nice suprise…
i’m thinking we will go play mini-golf at WYLIE….
and i think i may take “THE FIVE YEAR ENGAGEMENT” for the movie…i should drag them to “THE THREE STOOGES” being they all three absolutely positively DO NOT want to see it…ha ha….
7. the DOW reached a four year high on tuesday…much like the occupy wall street protesters….
8. according to a new study, computer use and exercise helps to fight memory loss…the report also says that it helps fight memory loss…
9. at the BEIJING auto show, TOYOTA unveiled a sofa on wheels….it’s part car, part sofa…wow…they combined the two most prominent items on a redneck’s front lawn!!
10. MICK JAGGER is hosting the season finale of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE on may 19th….he HAS to host the last show…that’s because it will take until next season to get the old man smell out of the dressing room….
11. KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST are reportedly serious enough that they’re already talking about marriage…KANYE said he would get back to KIM after he checks his calendar to make sure he’s available for a 72 day marriage…
12. more trouble for LINDSAY LOHAN…the LAPD is sending the case of her recent alleged hit and run of a club manager to the district attorney’s office who may decide to prosecute….LINDSAY’S been in trouble with the law so much at this point, that the prosecutors are now on her christmas card list…..
13. JOKE OF THE DAY…(one of my all time favorites!!)
An old woman is riding in an elevator in a very lavish New York City building when a young, beautiful woman gets into the elevator, smelling of expensive perfume. She turns to the old woman and says arrogantly, “Romance by Ralph Lauren, $150 an ounce!”
Then another young and beautiful woman gets on the elevator, and also very arrogantly turns to the old woman saying, “Chanel No. 5, $200 an ounce!”
About three floors later, the old woman has reached her destination and is about to get off the elevator. Before she leaves, she looks both beautiful women in the eye, then bends over and farts and says, “Broccoli – 49 cents a pound.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…