first, and most importantly, i need to say this…..
my mom is the most beautiful mom in the entire world…she is so compassionate, so loving, so caring….my grandma on my mom’s side was the most incredible nicest person, and mom is morphing into her every day…which is a great thing….
here’s my beautiful mother with my niece BRICELYN…
i don’t care who knows this, but I AM A MAMA’S BOY…have been all my life…and i don’t mind people knowing it…my wife knows it…my kids know it…my siblings know it…..i would do just about anything for this wonderful woman…..
I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART MOM…..happy mother’s day, and keep being the wonderful person you are….
and here’s what, i think, most of us think about your moms…
1. here come your friday funnies!!!
could be some truth to the following….
i really like the next one….
WACKA WACKA WACKA…oh wait, that’s FOZZIE BEAR…oh well, here are a couple of his friends….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out on saturday to songwriter, singer, and producer BURT BACHARACH…he will turn 84 years old….
BURT is best known for writing classic tunes like the B.J. THOMAS classic “RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD, ” the DIONNE WARWICK hit “DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSE”, TOM JONES’ standard “WHAT’S NEW PUSSYCAT, ” and dozens and dozens of other hits….
here is BURT BACHARACH back in the hits days…
here’s BURT BACHARACH today on the eve of birthday number 84…
3. CRANK UP YOUR SPEAKERS, because here come some BURT BACHARACH hits…
one of my favorites is the HERB ALPERT classic “THIS GUY’S IN LOVE WITH YOU.”
quite possibly my favorite song that BURT wrote was the GENE PITNEY song “ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK A HEART.”
and honestly, who doesn’t love “RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD.”
4. i was thinking last night about some character actors on different shows, and for some reason i thought about the character IKE GODSEY on “THE WALTONS.” remember him? he was the store owner on the show….he was played by actor JOE CONLEY…
here he is on the show with BEN WALTON, played by ERIC SCOTT…
actor JOE CONLEY is still around…he is now 84 years old…
here he is today..the second one is with actress MARY MCDONOUGH who played ERIN WALTON…
5. how about a couple of funny guys from “HOGAN’S HEROES?”
my favorite character on the show was SARGENT SCHULTZ, played by actor JOHN BANNER….
JOHN BANNER died back in 1973 at the age of 63…here he is late in his life…
actor WERNER KLEMPERER played the crazy COLONEL KLINK on “HOGAN’S HEROES.”
in his last few years, he did a very funny bit on “THE SIMPSONS.”
he died in 2000 at the age of 80…
6. okay…my dilema officially starts today….i was a huge fan of the 60’s soap opera “DARK SHADOWS.” scary scary stuff about a vampire named BARNABUS COLLINS….well, now JOHNNY DEPP stars in a TIM BURTON remake of “DARK SHADOWS”, which comes out in theaters tonight…..
i saw a review this morning that said the new movie is kind of like “DARK SHADOWS TAKES ON THAT 70’S SHOW.”
it looks funny, and i don’t remember the original being funny…well, i ‘ll have to decide…if i do go, you’ll be the first to hear about it on monday….
here’s the original show poster and the new movie poster….
7. i have a speaking engagement tonight at ST. JOHN LUTHERAN CHURCH in WARNER…i am honored to be speaking at the spring event that they put on every year…tonight i will be speaking about miracles….should be fun…however, it’s ALWAYS nervewracking talking to people in my own community….
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA now supports same-sex marriage…and HILLARY CLINTON still supports the no-sex marriage…
9. the DAILY CALLER reports that the EEOC considers “shy bladder syndrome”, or the inability to urinate in front of other people, as a disability…..the only cure? going to a MINNESOTA VIKINGS game and watching them pee down their legs….
10. PRINCE CHARLES became a YOUTUBE sensation by filling in for a tv weatherman in GREAT BRITAIN…viewers had never seen anyone determine the wind speed by using his ears as a weather vane….
11. doctors in ENGLAND have been told not to use the word “obese” when examining a patient’s body…..the only word they can use now is “tub-o-lard.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A fellow went to the doctor who told him that he had a bad illness and only a year to live. So he decided to talk to his pastor. After the man explained his situation, he asked his pastor if there was anything he could do.
“What you should do is go out and buy a late ’70 or early ’80 model Dodge pickup,” said the pastor. “Then go get married to the ugliest woman you can find, and buy yourselves an old trailer house in the panhandle of Oklahoma.”
The fellow asked, “Will this help me live longer?”
“No,” said the pastor, “but it will make what time you do have seem like forever.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…