YEP…I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH GARFIELD….
1. here come your monday funnies….
how about some mother’s day humor…..
this next one is HILARIOUS…
i really don’t doubt the next one…
2. i was singing along with a couple of LINDA RONSTADT songs over the weekend, and figured we should feature her on the blog today….
LINDA RONSTADT has been around since the 60’s cranking out tons of hits……here she is in her younger years….
my favorite pictures of LINDA are from one of her album covers where she’s getting ready to rollerskate….
LINDA RONSTADT is now 65 years old…here she is today…
3. how about a couple of LINDA RONSTADT songs?
this one is an old BILLY JOE ROYAL song called “I KNEW YOU WHEN.”
here’s an early classic “DIFFERENT DRUM.”
the biggest song of LINDA RONSTADT’S career was “YOU’RE NO GOOD.”
4. we’re also going to feature singer/actor PAT BOONE today…PAT BOONE has been around the music charts since the 50’s, and still has an incredible voice….here’s an early picture of PAT BOONE…
PAT BOONE is now 77 years old…here he is today…
5. here’s an oldie but a goodie from PAT BOONE… do you remember “LOVE LETTERS IN THE SAND?”
6. one month from today my family will be in COLORADO vacationing…trust me, it cannot get here fast enough…..i’m just dreaming of getting on the road at 4am on monday june 11th…..c’mon june, get here….
7. we had a great mother’s day yesterday…my mom was in church in HECLA, so i had a chance to see her…and then yesterday, the boys and i took JEANNIE out for dinner and then we went mini golfing….JEANNIE AND I tied for first….we usually don’t like tying because we’re very competitive…ha ha..to be honest, i wish i would have been one stroke behind her so she could have won on mother’s day….i should have grabbed TYLER while he was figuring out the scores….
8. TIME MAGAZINE is still getting some crap about their cover photo of a mom breastfeeding her child…..wow…TIME is pushing the limits….next month TIME will have a special edition of the U.S. economy where they’ll show a picture of CHINA nursing UNCLE SAM…..
9. 90 year old beautiful person BETTY WHITE has endorses PRESIDENT OBAMA for president….she’s hasn’t officially endorsed a president since she campaigned for GROVER CLEVELAND….
10. yesterday was mother’s day…the one day of the year where the kids cook breakfast….it’s also the busiest day of the year for the fire department….
11. ABC announced that next month it will devote all three hours of primetime to live coverage of an attempt by tightrope walker NIK WALLENDA to walk over NIAGARA FALLS….hey, make it interesting…have him texting while he’s doing it….
12. NBC is bringing back “30 ROCK”, for a final 13 episode season next year…at the end of the series, LIZ LEMON will accept a job as the first female news producer at a small tv station in MINNEAPOLIS…oh wait…that’s the MARY TYLER MOORE show…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: (an all time favorite)
So this pirate walks into a bar, his old favorite – although he hasn’t been there in a while. Immediately the bartender notices him and says “Haven’t seen ya in a while, where ya been? You look terrible!”
“Huh?” said the pirate, “What do you mean?”
“Oy, you’ve got a wooden leg! What happened?” said the bartender.
“Well,” said the pirate, “Our ship was in a fierce sea battle, and me leg got hit by a cannon ball, but I’m fine now.”
“What about that hook? What happened to your hand?” again asked the bartender.
So the pirate explained, “We were in another battle. I boarded a ship and got into a sword fight. Me hand was cut off. I got fitted with a hook… but I’m fine, really.”
“What about that eye patch?”
“Oh,” said the pirate, “One fine day at sea a flock of birds flew over. I looked up, and one of them crapped in me damn eye.”
“You’re kidding,” said the bartender. “You couldn’t lose an eye just from bird crap.”
“It was me first day with the hook.”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY…