IT’S TUESDAY…C’MON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!
hey, here’s some good advice for a tuesday…or ANYDAY…
1. here come your tuesday funnies!!!
wow…and you thought your job sucked!!!
i’m going to use the next one today…ha ha….
i’ve always wondered about the next one…
2. happy birthday today to actor RICHARD BENJAMIN..he turns 74 today…you probably remember him from movies like “MY FAVORITE YEAR”, “THE SUNSHINE BOYS”, where he played opposite WALTER MATTHAU and GEORGE BURNS…he also starred in a movie i love, the 1973 movie “WESTWORLD”, also starring YUL BRYNNER….
and, i don’t know if you remember this show or not, but RICHARD BENJAMIN starred in a short lived tv show called “QUARK”, which ran from 1977-1978….i used to watch that one….
RICHARD BENJAMIN has been married to actress PAULA PRENTISS for over 50 years…here they are recently…
do you remember PAULA PRENTISS? she starred in movies like “WHERE THE BOYS ARE”, “THE STEPFORD WIVES”, and many more…she also is 74 years old…here she is in her younger years..
3. i’m sure, if you are a baseball fan you have heard about the surgery called “TOMMY JOHN SURGERY.” it’s a ligament replacement surgery that a lot of pitchers have to go thru….
the guy that the surgery was named after has a birthday today….former baseball star TOMMY JOHN turns 69 today….
he pitched for the CLEVELAND INDIANS, LOS ANGELES DODGERS, CHICAGO WHITE SOX, and the NEW YORK YANKEES…
here’s TOMMY JOHN today at 69…..
4. they say that the greatest injustice in the world is outliving your children…well, my heart broke yesterday when i heard that the GIBB brothers mom is still alive…..their mom, BARBARA GIBB has now buried three of her four sons…..she is currently 91 years old…she has watched her son ANDY GIBB die, and her twin sons MAURICE AND ROBIN GIBB of “THE BEE GEES.” i can’t even imagine how painful this must be…..
here are the boys a few years back with MOM…
5. DEATH THREATS OVER A STUPID T-SHIRT? ya sure ya betcha….
first of all the good news…THE OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER ended the season of the LOS ANGELES LAKERS last night…..
i don’t know how many of you know this, but the OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER were awarded a team after the owner of the SEATTLE SUPERSONICS sold the team…
just in time for the playoffs, a t-shirt company issued a t-shirt thanking SEATTLE for the team, and even using the city skyline that was used as their logo….
i’m sure it torked off many SEATTLE fans…but death threats? c’mon people…by the way, the t-shirt company has stopped making them…
6. if i could have back all the money i spent playing PAC MAN, i would be out of debt…ha ha….wow…we used to just POUR the quarters into the machine….
why am i talking about PAC MAN? because, today is the 32nd anniversary of the legendary game…it came out to the public on may 22nd, 1980……i still LOVE that game….
i had a couple of friends that could “memorize” each frame of the game and could go many many many levels into the game…which was fun if you were watching them, but HORRIBLE if you were in line to play…..
7. IT IS MEMORIAL WEEKEND YET? ugh…it seems like time just crawls when you’re looking forward to a three day weekend….
8. CHINESE dissident CHEN GUANGCHENG has been in AMERICA for only a few days, and says he is adjusting fine to our country…he’s already forgotten math….
9. police in upstate NEW YORK have arrested a commercial airline pilot with a loaded .357 magnum in his luggage….people don’t care…it’s just refreshing to be on a plane where the pilot ISN’T LOADED….
10. TMZ is reporting that LINDSAY LOHAN is spending lots of time picking out just the right dresses for her upcoming role as ELIZABETH TAYLOR…the movie starts shooting next month….the big problem is picking out jewelry…strange…but for some reason the jewelry keeps disappearing….
11. archaeologists found MAYAN calendars in GUATEMALA that extend well beyond 2012….how can they tell it’s way behind 2012? because the calendar shows the MINNESOTA TWINS winning over 60 games in a season…OUCH…
12. the NATIONAL ENQUIRER reports that casting agents for a new movie are telling actresses in the 20’s that they’ll have to audition COMPLETELY NAKED for LEONARDO DICAPRIO….wait a minute…hasn’t every actress done that already? (i’m sure this is correct…i don’t think the NATIONAL ENQUIRER would post anything that’s false, would it?)
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: (thanks KERRY…)
Once a blonde decided to go ice fishing. She grabbed all her equipment and put on her fishing outfit.. She walked out onto the icy surface and found a good spot. She took a knife and made a large circle in the ice with it.
“NO! Not there! You will find no fish!” a booming voice announced out of nowhere. So the blonde moved a few feet away and made another circle. “NO!! Not there either!!” The voice boomed again. The blonde moved a third time, making another circle on the ice.
“I said, NO!! There is no fish there!!” The voice boomed again.
“Is that you, God?” The blonde called out.
“NO!!” The voice boomed. “It’s the manager of the ice rink!!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY…