HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY….i hope you all had a wonderful memorial day weekend!!!
1. here come your tuesday funnies….
hmmm…do you think the next one is even possible? (evil laugh)
just to let you know…i didn’t say the next one…i’m just printing it…
gee whiz…i didn’t think it was THIS HOT this past weekend….i guess it “literally” was an ice cream truck….
oh, MAXINE…always telling the truth….
i guess the next one makes sense….
2. here’s a name you haven’t heard in some time…KAREN VALENTINE….wow….she starred as ALICE JOHNSON on the hit tv show “ROOM 222.” she also was on the “HOLLYWOOD SQUARES” quite a bit…..and what a cutie….
we missed KAREN VALENTINE’S birthday on friday..she is now 65 years old…and here she is recently….
3. we are going to feature a couple of commercial icons from the 70’s…
remember RODNEY ALLEN RIPPY? he was the cute little boy who sold JACK IN THE BOX burgers….
RODNEY ALLEN RIPPY is now 43 years old..here he is today…
4. do you remember RODNEY ALLEN RIPPY’S big commercial? see if this jars your brain….
5. what about the little boy who brought us the word “borgussmorg”…..his name is MASON REESE and he pitched products like UNDERWOOD DEVILED HAM, DUNKIN’ DONUTS and more…..remember him?
MASON REESE is now 47 years old…here he is today….
6. here’s MASON REESE’S big commercial….
or how about this one?
7. some beautiful celebrations over the weekend…..
my handsome nephew MICHAEL married the love of his life SAMANTHA on saturday night in WARNER…i had the pleasure of helping out with the service…..
what a beautiful couple…
and, two of our favorite radio people got hitched saturday night…..our newsgirl and sunny 97.7 announcer BRI MATTHEWS married PHEASANT COUNTRY 103’S morning guy BRENT NATHANIEL…
i was sad i had to miss that one….they’re both great people….anyway, best wishes to both couples!!!
8. yesterday i heard the best memorial day address i have EVER heard…it was by PASTOR GLENN RAYNOR, who is the pastor at the BAPTIST CHURCH in ELLENDALE….powerful…to the point….and he ripped being politically correct….just what i wanted to hear because i feel the same way….he is one great speaker…if you ever get the chance to hear him, don’t miss it…
9. JEANNIE AND I took in a movie yesterday to help unwind from a busy weekend….we love the “MEN IN BLACK” series, so we went to see “MEN IN BLACK 3″…it was really good……usually when you get to movie 3 of a series they start to fall flat…but this one didn’t…it starred the normal guys WILL SMITH and TOMMY LEE JONES, and then had JOSH BROLIN playing a younger TOMMY LEE JONES….and he was INCREDIBLE!!!
10. GERMANS say that they are worried about their imagine in EUROPE because all of the other nations that they have bailed out and helped are now angry and ungrateful and bad mouthing them….CONGRATULATIONS GERMANY…NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE AMERICANS!!!
11. ABC announced that in july, they will begin a nine week trial of a spin-off of “GOOD MORNING AMERICA” called “GOOD AFTERNOON AMERICA”…it will be followed by “GOOD EVENING AMERICA”, “YOU’RE GETTING SLEEP AMERICA”, and my favorite “STOP HOGGING THE COVERS I’M TRYING TO SLEEP AMERICA.”
12. KIM KARDASHIAN said that she is very upset at BRITISH AIRWAYS for opening her bags and taking some personal items that were sentimental and irreplaceable….that’s right…they took her pile of unused marriage licenses….
13. a lawsuit has forced a JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI school for troubled kids to promise to stop HANDCUFFING the kids for misbehaving…..HANDCUFFS? wow…yet another piece of drama at PARIS HILTON HIGH SCHOOL….
14. did you hear about the picture that former PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON took with a couple of porn stars? the secret service guys were SO SO SO jealous….
15. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A farmer drove to a neighbor’s farmhouse and knocked at the door.
A boy, about 9, opened the door
“Is your dad or mom home?” said the farmer.
“No, they went to town.”
“How about your brother, Howard? Is he here?”
“No, he went with Mom and Dad.”
The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other,and mumbling to himself.
“I know where all the tools are, if you want to borrow one, or I can give Dad a message.”
“Well,” said the farmer uncomfortably, “I really wanted to talk to your Dad. It’s about your brother Howard getting my daughter Suzy pregnant”.
The boy thought for a moment… “You would have to talk to Dad about that. I know he charges $500 for the bull and $50 for the pig, but I don’t know how much he charges for Howard.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY…