HAPPY HUMP DAY…HAPPY WEDNESDAY…HAPPY MIDWEEK…WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT….THE GOOD NEWS IS, AFTER MEMORIAL DAY OFF, WE’RE HALFWAY THRU THE WEEK ALREADY…I COULD GET USED TO THREE DAY WEEKENDS EVERY WEEKEND, RIGHT?
1. here are your wednesday funnies….
these are called “the signs of our times.”
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to actor CLINT WALKER….don’t remember his name? you probably will, especially if you are a fan of westerns….
CLINT WALKER starred as CHEYENNE BODIE in the hit show “CHEYENNE”, he was also in the movie “THE DIRTY DOZEN”, and he starred in the short lived 1974 tv show “KODIAK.”
see if you remember him….
CLINT WALKER is 85 years old today…here he is recently….
3. birthday wishes are also going out to the actor who played the youngest child, MICHAEL EVANS on “GOOD TIMES.” his name is RALPH CARTER and he is 51 today…..
here he is….
and here he is today at 51……
4. have you ever wondered what the cast of “GOOD TIMES” looks like today? let’s remember them back in the 70’s first….
some of the cast got together in recent years…here’s the birthday boy RALPH CARTER with BERN NADETTE STANIS who played his tv sister “THELMA.”
and here’s a bunch of the cast together again…..i’ll list them after the picture…
okay here we go….from left to right….actress JA’NET DUBOIS who played “WINONA”, she’s now 66 years old…then it’s “BOOKMAN” the maintenance guy..he’s played by JOHNNY BROWN who is 74 now…then it’s BERN NADETTE STANIS, or “THELMA”, she’s currently 58…..show creator NORMAN LEAR is next…he’s 89 years old……”DYN-O-MITE” was the slogan of J.J. played by JIMMIE WALKER…he’s next and he’s 64 years old…and birthday boy RALPH CARTER round them out….
5. I HATE BEING SICK…sunday night, something came on like in a 15 minute period…have a feeling it’s allergies, but it would be a sinus infection, too….all i know is i went home yesterday afternoon and loaded up on medication and slept most of the day….then last night i took NYQUIL before i went to bed…
that stuff really works, but i hate the NYQUIL HANGOVER that you have when you get up in the morning…..
6. legendary blind guitarist DOC WATSON died yesterday at the age of 89….he could play anything…bluegrass, country, folk, and more….DOC WATSON was an incredible picker…he won SEVEN grammy awards, including the grammy for lifetime achievement.
here’s DOC WATSON years ago….
DOC WATSON played with his son MERLE WATSON up until MERLE’S tragic death in 1985 on the family farm….
and here’s DOC WATSON a couple of years ago….still pickin’….
7. man, the SAN ANTONIO SPURS basketball team is ON FIRE….they beat the OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER last night to take a 2-0 lead in the NBA playoffs…the SPURS haven’t lost a playoff game this year, and now have won 20 games in a row going back into the regular season…WOW…i’m actually cheering for the THUNDER, because i love KEVIN DURANT, but i also wouldn’t mind seeing SAN ANTONIO go undefeated in the post season…that would be cool to witness….
8. HOW ABOUT THOSE TWINS? in a season where the MINNESOTA TWINS have been sucking it up, it’s nice to have a night like last night….the TWINS were behind 2-0 going into the bottom of the ninth inning…they hadn’t looked good all game, and skipper RON GARDENHIRE thought that pitchers threw more balls than strikes in the game….
HOWEVER, with two guys on base, and two out in the bottom of the ninth, JOSH WILLINGHAM cranked a three run homer to help the TWINS win 3-0…..we don’t have many good memories of this season…we needed last night……
9. medical experts claim that sitting in your car for long commutes can be hazardous to your health….so, work in an exercise program while you drive…..like flipping your middle finger up and down during the trip…..
10. the law firm of DEWEY AND LEBOEUF just became the biggest law firm in U.S. history to go bankrupt…DEWEY will now go back to his old law firm with CHEATEM and HOWE….
11. the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE turned 75 years old this week….the bridge cost $35 million dollars, has 1.2 million rivets and took over four months to construct….OH WAIT…THAT’S NOT THE BRIDGE, THAT’S JOAN RIVERS….SORRY….
12. JUSTIN BIEBER “allegedly” assaulted a photographer who was standing in front of his car….the photographer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and ridiculed…..
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: (a classic)
Two hunters were off on their annual trip to the Canadian wilderness to bag a moose. As the seaplane landed on a lake in a remote area, the pilot said, “I’ll be back in one week to pick you up. But only one moose, please.”
When he returned to the lake, he found the hunters proudly standing beside two moose.
“I told you guys only one moose!” the furious flier screamed. “There’s no way the plane can take off with that much weight!”
“You’re just a chicken pilot,” one hunter said. “We killed two moose last year and that pilot wasn’t afraid to take off.”
Stung by the suggestion of cowardice, he reconsidered. “All right, if you did it last year, I guess we can try it.”
They loaded up and the pilot taxied to the far end of the lake to begin his take-off. The plane bounced across the water as it strained to get airborne, but the overloaded aircraft finally ran out of space and crashed into the trees. Some time later, the hunters regained consciousness.
“Where are we?” one asked.
His friend looked around at the scattered debris, then back at the edge of the lake and replied, “About a hundred yards farther than last year.”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY…