IT’S FINALLY HERE…..AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON….
that would be me except, i’m not a dog, and that would be diet pepsi in the cup instead of what he probably has in there…ha ha.oh yeah, and i don’t have a silly red hat like that….
here’s a sign in CANNOT WAIT to see….
1. here are your weekend funnies….
being it’s going to be hot this weekend, i thought i’d pass along a couple of “hotties.”
hey, we have towels like this in our house…
i laughed out loud at the next one!!
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to funnyman JERRY STILLER….he is 85 today…
you probably best remember him as PAPA COSTANZA on “SEINFELD.”
here’s JERRY STILLER recently…
here’s JERRY STILLER with the love of his life, actress ANNE MEARA…
and here is the proud papa with his son, actor BEN STILLER…..
3. wow….NANCY SINATRA turns 72 today….she was quite the sex symbol back in the 60’s….
here are my two favorite albums by NANCY SINATRA…
the above album is with her singing partner LEE HAZELWOOD…LEE died in 2007 at the age of 78….here he is…
and here’s NANCY SINATRA at 72….
4. we have to do some NANCY SINATRA music, and it wouldn’t be right if we didn’t do “THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN’.”
here’s my favorite song of hers because she’s with my man, DEAN MARTIN… it’s called “THINGS.”
and here’s LEE HAZELWOOD and NANCY SINATRA with the old JOHNNY CASH AND JUNE CARTER CASH song “JACKSON.”
5. here’s a name you probably haven’t heard in awhile….JAMES DARREN….he is a singer/songwriter who appeared in movies like “GIDGET”, and tv shows like “T.J.HOOKER.” remember him?
JAMES DARREN turns 76 today….here he is today…
6. sad sad news in the music world…..
singer BOB WELCH died yesterday at the age of 66 due to a self inflicted shotgun wound….BOB was an early member of FLEETWOOD MAC, but was mostly known for solo hits like “SENTIMENTAL LADY,” “EBONY EYES”, and “PRECIOUS LOVE.”
here are a couple of BOB WELCH albums you may have in your collection….
let’s remember him fondly with his great music…
here’s “SENTIMENTAL LADY.”
here’s “EBONY EYES.”
and here’s “PRECIOUS LOVE.”
7. sunday can’t get here quick enough…we leave sunday afternoon for COLORADO, and i cannot wait to be on 281 headed south…..we’re going to DENVER, COLORADO SPRINGS, and BUENA VISTA….lots of things planned, including staying in a multi million dollar pastor’s retreat up in the mountains…..
***by the way, i may try to put a couple of things on the blog next week…don’t hold me to it, but check back to see if i give you an update or two….
8. a man from MIAMI who was standing outside of a BOSTON MARKET screamed at a cop that he would “eat him.” he’s lucky he didn’t try that in NEW YORK CITY….he’d be arrested for threatening an officer and exceeding his daily calorie intake….
9. the world’s largest landfill is closing in BRAZIL…more than 1700 employees will lose their jobs…..being they worked in a landfill, they have all been offered jobs on the set of “JERSEY SHORE.”
10. “HAPPY DAYS” star ERIN MORAN is reportedly broke and living in an INDIANA trailer park…sad…but she’s still doing better than “POTSIE” and “RALPH MALPH.”
11. the NFL is training replacement referees because of a labor dispute with the regular refs….it’s convenient because on sundays, the replacement refs won’t have to change clothes before they go back to work at FOOT LOCKER….
12. actress AMANDA BYNES has tweeted a request to PRESIDENT OBAMA to fire the police officer who arrested her for a DUI…OBAMA probably won’t do that, but the SECRET SERVICE told her to show up in a short skirt and tight shirt and maybe they can work out something for her….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two five year old boys are sitting in a hospital waiting room. One leans over to the other and says, “What are you in here for?”
The other says, “Circumcision.”
The first boy says “Oh, man! I had that done right after I was born. I couldn’t walk for a year!”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…TALK TO YOU IN A WEEK…