HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY….
1. here come your tuesday funnies…….
love this one…..
bacon, bacon, and MORE BACON…
i LOVE this next one….
2. today we’re going to find out whatever happened to a few of your favorite olympic gymnasts…..
let’s start out with the great NADIA COMANECI….she is the first female gymnast to ever be awarded a perfect 10 on the uneven bars….she did it when she was FOURTEEN YEARS OLD in the 1976 summer olympics in MONTREAL…
NADIA is now 50 years old…how about that? here she is today….
3. did you know that the theme from the soap opera “THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS” is called “NADIA’S THEME?” it’s music that was used by her years ago…a couple of composers put together the music and it became the theme for the long running CBS soap opera….
here it is…..”NADIA’S THEME.”
4. the second gymnast i want to feature is “LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE”…i gave her that nickname…ha ha….it’s the always smiley MARY LOU RETTON….she is a gold medalist who was the first female gymnast from outside eastern EUROPE to win the all around title at the olympics……
MARY LOU RETTON is now 44 years old, and still a smiling beauty…
5. and finally, let’s see whatever happened to KERRI STRUG…you probably remember that KERRI did the vault at the 1996 olympics in ATLANTA…and she did it with an injured ankle…she was a member of a group called “THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.”
you probably remember KERRI for being carried off the mat by her trainer……
KERRI STRUG is now 34 years old…here she is today….
6. well, our church softball team is 0-4….lost again last night, but still having a fun time…that’s what church softball is about…fun and fellowship….
ever since ST. JOHN’S IN HECLA got into church softball in ABERDEEN, we have one stinkin’ inning per game where we fall to pieces…unfortunately, last night it was the 6th inning…we were only down 4-2 in the top of the 6th, and by the time the inning was over we were behind by ten runs….oh well, as all MINNESOTA VIKING’S fans say, “better luck next time.” (oooh..that was low…even for me..ha ha)
7. we are getting t-shirts made for our church kids for their trip to NASHVILLE a week from tomorrow….they’re going to be cool…here’s what they say….
“you may dislike me, but JESUS thinks I’M TOO DIE FOR!!”
i love that saying….shirts should be pretty cool!!!
8. the last of it’s kind, 100 year old galapagos tortoise named “LONESOME GEORGE” died on sunday….to give you an idea how lonely this tortoise was, he was the only guy in the world to order the OCTOMOM’S sex tape….
9. speaking of living to be older, YAHOO recently published an article giving tips on how to live to be 100….for instance, if you see LINDSAY LOHAN”S porsche coming up fast in your rear view mirror, you’re not going to see 100…..
10. a heatwave is gripping much of the country…people are trying anything to stay cool….like this….believe it or not, people are actually going into the theater to see the ADAM SANDLER movie “THAT’S MY BOY.” not to see the movie, just to enjoy the air conditioning….
11. NBC is reportedly paying “TODAY” show host ANN CURRY $10 million dollars to leave….heck, i’d be willing not to appear on the “TODAY” show for half that amount….
12. ELVIS PRESLEY’S crypt has been removed from auction…great, now what am i supposed to get the boss for his birthday?
13. the boy band “WESTLIFE” says they have performed for the very last time….DO YOU PROMISE?
14. JOKE OF THE DAY: