we begin with sad news…our prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in our country who are suffering from the wildfires….i am thinking mostly about my friends in the COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO area…..as you know, two weeks ago, we were out there on vacation, and now the area that we were in is on fire, and many people have lost their homes……
and yesterday we found out that some good friends were evacuated from their home, and the fire is less than five miles from their home….we were actually in their beautiful home for supper while were out there……i can’t even imagine what those folks are going thru…keep them in your prayers….
here are a picture from that area in COLORADO….
i’m sure many of you have friends and neighbors who are suffering out there as well….we pray for them as well….
1. okay, let’s lighten the mood with our thursday funnies…..
i love this one…..
OH, YOU CRAZY BLONDES…HA HA…
and finally, here’s what you get for sharing all of your secrets!!!
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to comedian JOHN BYNER…remember him?
he turns 75 today…here’s JOHN BYNER today…
3. remember the young lady who played “STEPHANIE” on “ALL IN THE FAMILY?”
her name is DANIELLE BRISEBOIS, and she has birthday number 43 today….
here she is back on the show with “ARCHIE”, of course, played by CARROLL O’CONNOR….
and here she is today on birthday number 43……
4. sometimes the easiest solution is right in front of you, yet you don’t see it….
case in point….
a young friend of mine told me recently, “i can’t get a good night’s sleep because my phone keeps going off from people texting me.”
GOOD GRAVY…ARE YOU KIDDING? TURN THE STUPID THING OFF!!!
my phone gets shut off around 8:00 every night…..that way i can sleep, and if it’s majorly important they can call my home number….
5. CHARLIE SHEEN’S new show “ANGER MANAGEMENT” has the season premiere tonight at 8:00 our time on FX….how ironic is it that it has that title and CHARLIE stars in it…some roles are just meant to be……
6. a new survey says that 36 percent of AMERICANS believe in U.F.O’S….i do…i was at a nude beach one day and saw uranus…and a full moon…..
7. i saw a recent poll of sports stars wives and who they would love to “cheat” with…is that what this world has come to? we now have SURVEYS talking about people CHEATING? i’m not too sure this world will ever turn around and head back in the right direction ever again….
8. according to a NBC/WALL STREET JOURNAL poll, PRESIDENT OBAMA and MITT ROMNEY are in a dead heat for presidency….they are running neck and neck in the “ARE THESE SERIOUSLY THE ONLY CHOICES” category…..
9. researchers are getting closer to understanding how apes think, and what they are thinking about…..and amazingly apes are smarter than humans…mainly because they don’t watch ‘THE KARDASHIANS.”
10. the hacker who stole and distributed nude photos from SCARLETT JOHANSSON’S cell phone is facing over 60,000 dollars in restitution payments and five years in jail….plus the undying gratitude of millions of other men….
11. research shows that muscular men are more likely to be sexist….the study was founded by MARIA SHRIVER’S new charity, “I MARRIED A MUSCLEBOUND BLOCKHEAD FOUNDATION.”
12. the U.S. blood supply is dangerously low…so, for your own good don’t ride anywhere with LINDSAY LOHAN…
13. singer RIHANNA was uninjured in a fire at her LONDON hotel….nevertheless, fireman after fireman stood in line to pat her down and offer mouth to mouth….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY: HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!
After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came for counseling. When
asked what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade
listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married.
On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling
unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.
Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist
got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, embraced
and kissed her passionately as her husband watched with a raised eyebrow.
The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze. The therapist
turned to the husband and said, ‘this is what your wife needs at least 3
times a week. Can you do this?’
‘Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish.’