HAPPY HUMP DAY….
here are your wednesday funnies….
every man can appreciate this next one….
and, almost all of us can appreciate the next one….
1. i talked yesterday about our youth group trip to NASHVILLE this past week…..here is a picture of our group outside the MARRIOTT in FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE….
we had t-shirts on that said, “you may not like me, but JESUS thinks i’m to die for.” cool idea….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to a woman’s dream man back in the 50’s and 60’s…it’s actor and singer TAB HUNTER…he turns 81 years old today….here he is back then…..
here is TAB HUNTER today at 81……
3. TAB HUNTER’S number one hit was “YOUNG LOVE.” of course, country star SONNY JAMES had the biggest version of that song, but TAB’S rendition did go number one….
here it is…..
4. SUSAN SEAFORTH HAYES has a birthday today…you probably remember her and her real life husband BILL HAYES playing DOUG AND JULIE WILLIAMS on “DAYS OF OUR LIVES.”
SUSAN SEAFORTH HAYES turns 69 today…..here husband BILL HAYES is 87…didn’t know they were that far apart….
here they are today…..
5. actor BRUCE MCGILL turns 62 today…you probably don’t remember his name, but if you’re a fan of the movie “ANIMAL HOUSE” you will remember him…
he played the crazy character DANIEL “D-DAY” SIMPSON….
in the last couple of decades he had been in many tv shows and movie…in fact, i didn’t realize he was the guy that was in “ANIMAL HOUSE.”
here is birthday boy BRUCE MCGILL today at 62…..
6. in carrying on our family tradition of the birthday person picking their activities for thier birthday, we went out last night to celebrate our son MITCHELL’S special day…….
we started out with a few steaks at MAVERICKS, and then MITCH decided to go mini golfing at WYLIE…unfortunately for the birthday boy, he finished up in last place….our son TYLER won the event, followed by JEANNIE and then yours truly….i actually wish that i would have gotten last place so MITCHELL wouldn’t of had to endure that for his birthday……he told us last night that he has NEVER won in mini golf……he will someday……
7. i almost had to CRAWL into bed yesterday afternoon…i took a two and a half hour nap after our trip to NASHVILLE…i think it should be mandatory to take two days of vacation after you get back from vacation…..completely exhausted…..
8. this week is “NUDE RECREATION WEEK.” for all guys, next week is “ICE YOUR GROIN AFTER PLAYING NUDE FOOTBALL WEEK.”
9. APPLE is reportedly developing an I-PHONE that is mounted to the user’s head…..kind of like…ummm…well…an I-PHONE….
10. two men in GEORGIA were arrested for getting into a brawl after a little league baseball game….both of their sons are being recruited….by therapists…..
11. a man from NEW YORK is about to hit THREE MILLION MILES on his 1966 volvo…geez…you would think at some point the guy would just stop and ask for directions….
12. a 64 year old woman in SELMER, TENNESSEE was arrested for whacking her baptist minister in the face with a BIBLE after she was voted out of the church….she told a reporter that the minister “has a demon in him.” not anymore…she slapped the hell out of him….
13. actor PETER O’TOOLE announced he is retiring from acting on both stage and screen….now there will be a huge fight between male porn stars for the right to use his name….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Last night, my kids and I were sitting in the living room and I said to them, “I never want to live in a vegetable state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.”
They got up, unplugged the computer and threw out my wine!
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEDNESDAY….