1. here come your thursday funnies….
probably a little truth to this one…or a LOT of truth..ha ha….
GOD BLESS THE REDNECKS!!
ATTENTION ALL MEN: avoid this car with all your might!!! OR ELSE….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to legendary comedian/actor/producer BILL COSBY…well, those are just the tip of the iceberg of what this guy has done….
BILL COSBY, in his early years, starred with ROBERT CULP in “I SPY.”
he also did a lot of the voices and the hosting of the saturday morning cartoon classic “FAT ALBERT.”
and, BILL COSBY is mostly known for his hit tv show “THE COSBY SHOW.”
believe it or not, BILL COSBY is 75 today…..SEVENTY FIVE…doesn’t seem right…here he is today….
3. singer WALTER EGAN turns 64 today…..you probably remember him for one big hit in 1978…..
here’s the album cover a lot of us had in 1978…WALTER EGAN’S album was called “NOT SHY.” and those words are used in his hit “MAGNET AND STEEL.”
here is WALTER EGAN today at 64…..
4. and now…the song that millions of people loved back in 1978…i was absolutely CRAZY about this song…birthday boy WALTER EGAN and “MAGNET AND STEEL.”
5. and finally, the little boy from “MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE” turns 21 today….ALREADY? wow….
his name is ERIK PER SULLIVAN…he played the prankster son DEWEY on the hit tv show….
here is ERIK PER SULLIVAN recently….HAPPY 21ST, ERIK….
6. deer are stupid…although i’m glad this one did this…i was coming home late last night from HECLA after a church council meeting, and i met a deer….he stood in the other lane of the highway staring at me as i slowed down and drove past him…..happy for that, but couldn’t believe he didn’t run…even after i honked the horn…COCKY DEER…..
7. here’s a classic memory for those living in this area, or those who are from this area……
IKE’S CHICKEN SHACK IN BROWNS VALLEY, MINNESOTA….
a friend of mine and i were talking about IKE’S the other day…..we used to go there all the time, usually with my GRANDMA AND GRANDPA RAMSEY from BRITTON….we would pack the car, or take two cars and head to BROWNS VALLEY for supper…my favorite part of the place was watching the silent movies….
and my greatest memory of IKE’S CHICKEN SHACK is being outside with GRANDMA looking at the animals in the cage….all of a sudden a monkey picked his nose, hit the goldmine, and ate it in front of us…GROSS, BUT TRUE…..we were done eating at that time, but i still almost vomited…..
8. a man from OHIO cleaning his grandfather’s attic, found mint condition baseball cards that could be worth around THREE MILLION DOLLARS….he said, with the money, he may not be able to afford going to a REAL baseball game….
9. the mayor of a town in GERMANY made parking spaces that are for men only….it’s true….however, a lot of times they’re empty because men can’t find them and won’t ask for directions…..
10. a FLORIDA strip club is suing the OCTOMOM for not honoring a contract to perform at the strip club….either way she could lose her shirt…..
11. friday’s NATIONAL ENQUIRER says that KRIS and BRUCE JENNER’S marriage is in trouble after KRIS has been getting cozy with a former boyfriend…..BRUCE could walk out….no more being with KRIS, and no more hanging around the KARDASHIAN girls…..so, what’s the downside of this?
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A priest and a taxi driver both died and went to heaven. St. Peter was at the Pearly gates waiting for them.
‘Come with me’, said St. Peter to the taxi driver.
The taxi driver did as he was told and followed St. Peter to a mansion. It had anything you could imagine from a bowling alley to an Olympic size pool.
‘Wow, thank you’, said the taxi driver.
Next, St. Peter led the priest to a rugged old shack with a bunk bed and a little old television set.
‘Wait, I think you are a little mixed up’, said the priest. ‘Shouldn’t I be the one who gets the mansion? After all I was a priest, went to church every day, and preached God’s word.’
‘Yes, that’s true. But during your sermons people slept. When the taxi driver drove, everyone prayed!’
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!!!