UGH…IT’S “THAT DAY” AGAIN….i’m glad i didn’t take the following advice…..
1. here are you monday funnies!!!
POINT WELL TAKEN for this first one…..
i like this next one!!!
2. actress PHOEBE CATES is one year away from FIFTY….yep…she’s 49 today….(see how i did the math?)
PHOEBE CATES is known for movies like “GREMLINS”, but she’s mostly known for “FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH”….and for that super sexy scene that everyone who has seen the movie knows about…..
here’s PHOEBE CATES today at 49, including a picture with her husband, actor KEVIN KLINE…..nice to know that a HOLLYWOOD marriage is actually working!!!
3. i thought it would be fun to feature the tv show “LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.” it rain on ABC from 1976-1983…it starred PENNY MARSHALL and CINDY WILLIAMS…..
and here’s a picture from this year of the cast of “LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.” the picture also features the men who played LENNY AND SQUIGGY….actors DAVID LANDER and MICHAEL MCKEAN…
check this out:
PENNY MARSHALL is now 69
CINDY WILLIAMS is now 64
MICHAEL MCKEAN who played “LENNY” is 64
DAVID LANDER who played “SQUIGGY” is also 64…he has suffered from multiple sclerosis the past many years….
4. my nephew DARWIN and his love fiance ANDI are getting married in a couple of weeks at FORT SISSETON…i have the honor of marrying them….
anyway, they told me yesterday that ANDI’S cousin, DANIEL of MINNESOTA might be playing for the wedding…WHAT A TALENTED YOUNG MAN…
check out this video of him…he plays every instrument in “THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA.” it’s amazing….
5. BURN BABY BURN…my beautiful wife and i went to the aquatic center in ABERDEEN yesterday to get out of the heat….and of course, being a fair skinned norwegian, i burned….but, i would do it again, because it felt GREAT…we had fun in the pool, and lots of fun on the lazy river…our life has been so hectic that yesterday was the first time we’ve gone all year….trust me though, we will go many more times this summer…..
so, if you are there and see a beached whale by the water…IT’S ME….
6. just when you thought mankind was out of control and there were no good samaritans in the world anymore, we find this story….
a paralyzed man in KANSAS CITY was at a concert by his favorite singer BLAKE SHELTON….the problem was, he couldn’t see the concert…so, two nice guys picked him up so he could watch the concert…does that reaffirm your faith in mankind?
7. this past friday in COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO, a repeat bank robber was sentenced under the state’s mandatory sentencing laws to 1,256 years in prison….his lawyer was FURIOUS…the lawyer was trying to get him out in 800 years….
8. also this past friday, moviegoers in PHOENIXVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA visited “BLOBFEST”, where the 1958 movie “THE BLOB” was shown….the blob, of course, was a sticky, toxic, gelatinous mass, that you could pretty much find on the floor of any theater in AMERICA….
9. in LONDON, there are already stories circulating about wild parties with sex and drugs among U.S. olympians…what the heck? are they being guarded by the secret service?
10. a man in COPENHAGEN climbed over the fence and went into the zoo where a tiger ATE HIM….a zoo official called it “a tragedy.” the tiger called it “GRRRRREAT!!!!”
11. there are rumors that the ROLLING STONES are going to tour again…it’s all being based on whether they can get tour sponsorship from VIAGRA and DEPENDS….
12. a federal judge has overturned a ban in ALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA against fortunetelling…..ABSOLUTELY NO ONE SAW THAT COMING…..
13. it was so hot at comic-con over the weekend that many attendees were found in the darkness of their parent’s basement…no wait…scratch that…that’s EVERY day….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two nuns were shopping at a 7-11 store. As they passed by the beer cooler, one nun said to the other, “Wouldn’t a nice cool beer or two taste wonderful on a hot summer evening?”
The second nun answered, “Indeed it would, sister, but I would not feel comfortable buying beer, since I am certain it would cause a scene at the checkout stand.”
“I can handle that without a problem” the other nun replied, and she picked up a six-pack and headed for the check-out.
The cashier had a surprised look on his face when the two nuns arrived with a six-pack of beer.
“We use beer for washing our hair” the nun said, “back at our nunnery, we call it “Catholic Shampoo.”
Without blinking an eye, the cashier reached under the counter. Pulled out a package of pretzel sticks, and placed them in the bag with the beer.
He then looked the nun straight in the eye, smiled, and said: “the curlers are on the house.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL MONDAY MY FRIENDS…