HEY, IT’S ONLY TUESDAY…WOULDN’T THE FOLLOWING BE GREAT?
1. we begin with sad news….the QUEEN OF COUNTRY MUSIC is dead…..that’s right, KITTY WELLS died yesterday at the age of 92….i actually met KITTY WELLS twice, and what a classy classy lady she was…..she played twice at CRAVEN CORNER before she retired in 2000….
KITTY WELLS is known for such country music standards as “IT WASN’T GOD WHO MADE HONKY TONK ANGELS, ” “SEARCHING”, “AMIGO’S GUITAR” and many many more….
KITTY WELLS was married to country star JOHNNY WRIGHT for SEVENTY FOUR YEARS…yep…74 years….JOHNNY died a couple of years ago….
here’s a couple of pictures of the queen of country music, KITTY WELLS…including one with her hubby, JOHNNY WRIGHT….
here’s KITTY singing with BRENDA LEE and LORETTA LYNN…
3. do you remember KITTY WELLS’ music? let’s play a couple for you…
here’s one of the biggest selling songs in country music history…”IT WASN’T GOD WHO MADE HONKY TONK ANGELS.”
here’s one of my favorites, “AMIGO’S GUITAR.”
4. here come your tuesday funnies….
OH, C’MON…I WANT TO GO SWIMMING!!!! I’LL BE CAREFUL!!
well, this next one sure fits me….
there’s a lot of truth in the next one!!!
HEY, WAIT A MINUTE…I LIKE THEIR MUSIC!!!
5. legendary comedian PHYLLIS DILLER turns 95 today…how about that? and she’s been making us laugh for decades…here’s an early picture of PHYLLIS, and a picture from 1977 with FOZZIE BEAR….
here’s PHYLLIS DILLER in the last few years…..HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART…AND THANKS FOR ALL THE LAUGHS!!!
6. also today, actress DIAHANN CARROLL turns 77…remember her? she starred in the groundbreaking tv show “JULIA.”
here’s DIAHANN CARROLL today at 77….
her son COREY on the show “JULIA” was played by actor MARC COPAGE…he’s still acting…he appeared in the BRUCE WILLIS movie “THE KID”, where he played LAWYER JIM….MARC is now 50…here he is today….
7. wow…i didn’t know if i could even make it off the softball field last night…my asthma was really acting up because of the heat and humidity….i scored a run, and then it took about ten minutes to catch my breath…kind of scared me…..looks like it’s time to get an inhaler to carry around…i’ve been putting it off because my old inhalers would speed my heart up, but after last night i may be forced to get one….
8. what’s my favorite part of my church job in HECLA and HOUGHTON? doing funerals…seriously, it is…..and my second favorite part? helping people find GOD again….working with people on their faith…it’s SO SO SO rewarding……love it…..it adds to my faith watching people regain thiers…..
9. a man from MICHIGAN tried to rob a bank by pulling up to the drive-up window and demanding $10,000 dollars and some suckers….the teller quickly called police and his dentist….
10. a tourism official in CHICAGO issued a report saying that the city must curtail crime in order to attract visitors…unfortunately, somebody stole his report…..
11. I’M VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS….next spring, director SAM RAIMI is releasing a prequel to “THE WIZARD OF OZ.” my question is, WHY? anyway, the movie will reveal why the scarecrow didn’t have a brain…he watched too much reality tv…..
12. pictures of the “OCTOMOM’S” stripping gig in FLORIDA have surfaced….the pictures come with the same warning as a solar eclipse….”DON’T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THEM…YOU’LL BURN YOUR RETINAS.”
13. LINDSAY LOHAN will have a new sister…her father MICHAEL LOHAN’S girlfriend KATE MAJOR is pregnant…LINDSAY is so excited that she called the expectant mom and asked here whas she needs shoplifted for the nursery….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY….(and a good one, too….)
A couple of rednecks are out in the woods hunting when one of them suddenly grabs his chest and falls to the ground. He doesn’t seem to be breathing, and his eyes are rolled back in his head.
The other redneck whips out his cell phone and calls 911. He gasps to the operator, “I think Bubba is dead! What should I do?”
The operator, in a calm soothing voice says, “Just take it easy and follow my instructions. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.”
There is a silence… then a shot is heard.
The redneck’s voice comes back on the line, “Okay, now what?”
HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY…