YEPPER…IT IS….ONE DAY TO THE WEEKEND…
1. here are your thursday funnies….
nothing torks me off like calling my banks, insurance places, wherever, and having to talk to someone a million miles away…okay, maybe not a million…but, customer service in most places has gone to complete CRAP…so, let’s salute them…i firmly believe in both of these….
here’s a good one….AIN’T IT THE TRUTH!!!
and finally, i have to get my daily dig in on KIMMY….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor JAMES BEST, who is known as “SHERIFF ROSCOE P. COLTRANE” on “THE DUKES OF HAZZARD.” get this…he is 86 today….EIGHTY SIX….wow….here he is back then….
here is JAMES BEST today at 86…..
3. the beautiful actress SUSAN GEORGE has a birthday today…she turns 62….she is known for such movies as the 1971 version of “STRAW DOGS, ” “DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY” and many others…here she is back in her younger years….
here is SUSAN GEORGE at 62…this was taken at ROBIN GIBB’S funeral recently…..
4. we had a nice two minute blast of rain yesterday….ha ha…that’s about all it was, but it sure came down…..
if it is raining, you’d better pay attention to this sign….IDIOTS…they should find the guy that made this sign and slap him…..
5. just when you think that celebrities don’t have a heart and are only out for themselves, you see a story like this…actor CHRISTIAN BALE, who plays “BATMAN” in the new movie “THE DARK KNIGHT RISES”, went to AURORA, COLORADO a couple of days ago to visit the injured from the horrible shootings last week. he also went to the tribute site for those that died…..some people think it’s a publicity stunt, but i do not….CHRISTIAN seemed sincere when visiting with people….GOOD FOR HIM…..THANK YOU CHRISTIAN FOR SHOWING SOME LOVE!!!
6. okay, now i’m mad….i have been wanting to see the band “TRAIN” for the last couple of years, and they haven’t been that close to our area…well, next tuesday they are in FARGO…i was excited until i found out it’s a private party for SANFORD employees and people associated with them……DANG IT…looks like i need to find someone from SANFORD who will stuff me in their trunk and take me with….
7. after 79 years as a print publication, NEWSWEEK will soon become online-only….i hear the website will have archives of old NEWSWEEKS dating back to 1933…..just like my dentist and doctor’s offices….
8. the man who brought popularity to the in-home treadmills has died at the age of 96….to honor him, my shirts hanging on my treadmill are half mast….
9. a woman in MASSACHUSETTS is hitchhiking across the country using social media…it was off to a horrible start, though…she opened up FACEBOOK and didn’t get out of her driveway for two days….
10. NORTH KOREAN state tv confirmed that their leader KIM JONG UN got married recently…he and his bride are registered at BED, BATH, AND OPPRESSED…..
11. a paparazzo could face up to a year in jail after he was charged with “dangerous, chaotic driving” while chasing JUSTIN BIEBER’S car at high speeds….he’s a 30 year old man chasing JUSTIN BIEBER…cripes…he should just plead insanity……
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
John staring at his secretary’s curves, replies, “Sweetheart, why do you always have to give me bad news? Give me some good news for a change.”
Jenine replies, “Well, if you insist, the good news is that you are not sterile…..”