C’MON WEEKEND…HURRY UP….
1. here come your tuesday funnies….
YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL WHEN A MAN IS AROUND…HERE’S PROOF….
i want one of the following..only a redskins one….
i don’t think i like this initiation into their government…ha ha…
i wish i would have thought of the next one when i was in college…
BACON ANYONE? WOW!!! i think my arteries are plugging just looking at this….
and what would a tribute to men be without some bathroom humor….
i need one of the next things during the NFL season…
2. so, whatever happened to MRS. GARRETT? actress CHARLOTTE RAE played her on two tv shows……
first of all, “DIFFERENT STROKES.”
and, of course, “THE FACTS OF LIFE.”
CHARLOTTE RAE is now 86 years old…here she is today….
3. i think that one of the best singer/balladeers back in the 70’s was ROLAND KENT LAVOIE…don’t know the name? you will…he went by “LOBO.” he had great hits like “ME AND YOU AND A DOG NAMED BOO”, “HOW CAN I TELL HER”, “DON’T EXPECT ME TO BE YOUR FRIEND, ” “I’D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME”, and many more…he has a birthday today…he turns 69……
see if you remember him…this is an album that many of us had back in the 70’s….
here is LOBO today at 69…this picture was taken in the last couple of years…
4. what would a LOBO tribute be without some awesome music….take the time to listen to these…you’ll LOVE THEM…
here’s my favorite song by LOBO…”HOW CAN I TELL HER.”
how about “I’D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME.”
and finally, “DON’T EXPECT ME TO BE YOUR FRIEND.”
5. HOW ABOUT THOSE MINNESOTA TWINS? actually, they are so horrible this year it’s hard to get excited, but they did sweep CLEVELAND over the weekend, and beat their arch rival CHICAGO WHITE SOX last night in the bottom of the 9th inning…it’s so disappointing to watch this team..in my opinion, they are a good three years away from being competitive…and that’s very sad considering where they were a couple of years ago….
6. i’m so excited…FANTASY FOOTBALL IS JUST ABOUT HERE…the NFL preseason kicks off shortly….AND I COULDN’T BE HAPPIER….
every year we try to come up with “creative” team names for FANTASY FOOTBALL…well, here’s mine for our family league…one of my favorite new players on the WASHINGTON REDSKINS, is former NEBRASKA star running back ROY HELU…
so, my team name? “YOU HAD ME AT HELU…” creative, huh?
there are some other really funny team names…most of them you can’t repeat on this blog…ha ha…..
7. there’s a new coffee on the market that is advertised as the most highly caffeinated coffee in the world…if you don’t like it, you can return it within 60 days…which is the same amount of days you’ll be wide awake without sleeping….
8. a grocery store in NEW YORK CITY has created a “man aisle”, which stocks items a typical guy would want….the aisle consists of beer, pizza, beer, playboy magazines, beer, and more beer….
9. PARIS HILTON’S brother CONRAD tested positive for marijuana and is spending time in the LOS ANGELES jail…he’s on the LINDSAY LOHAN wing, in the “four star” PARIS HILTON cell….
10. MIKE TYSON’S broadway show titled “MIKE TYSON: UNDISPUTED TRUTH”, kicks off today for a 12 performance run…director SPIKE LEE said that TYSON is a great storyteller…apparently he can really TALK YOUR EAR OFF…
11. CHARLIE SHEEN’S tv show “ANGER MANAGEMENT” is about to get a 90 episode pick up from the FX network…very exciting news…by the time the show wraps up, every call girl in HOLLYWOOD will have their mortgages paid off….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
The confused agent said, “I’m sorry, we can’t do that.”
“Really??? I am so relieved to hear you say that because that’s exactly what you did to my luggage last year!”