WOULDN’T IT BE NICE IF IT WAS THIS EASY?
GOOD MORNING TO YOU…FROM ME…THE GRINNING MONKEY…
1. here come your tuesday funnies….
a little olympic humor…this cracked me up last night…..
i’m not in favor of this next one AT ALL….
hhmmmm….i think the next one could fit a number of us!!!
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress VERNA BLOOM…she’s best known for playing DEAN WORMER’S seductive wife in “ANIMAL HOUSE.”
VERNA BLOOM is 72 today…here she is recently….
3. we also wish happy birthday today to country/pop singer BJ THOMAS…he has a milestone today…he hits 70….wow….BJ THOMAS has had a marvelous career with great songs like my personal favorite, “RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD, ” HOOKED ON A FEELING, ” and one of the longest titles in musical history, “HEY, WON’T YOU PLAY ANOTHER SOMEBODY DONE SOMEBODY WRONG SONG.”
here’s the birthday boy back in his early years….
and here’s BJ THOMAS in the last couple of years..the second one is with country music legend BOBBY BARE…..
4. let’s do a couple of songs that you can sing along with from the birthday boy…
here’s my all time favorite by BJ THOMAS…”RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD.”
and here’s the song, “HEY WON’T YOU PLAY ANOTHER”…well, you know the rest of the title….can’t type it all…it tires out my fingers….
5. well, my church softball team finished it’s season last night…and we had a perfect record….never won a game all year long!! but the funny thing is, the dugout was more fun this year than the last couple of years….odd, huh? i think it’s because my team adapted to the theme that church softball is more about fellowship than winning…..there certainly was A LOT more fellowship than winning this year…and that’s okay….
6. how’s this for weird…at our church picnic this past sunday, i was in a deep talk about the MINNESOTA TWINS with a young couple from our church…..i made the comment that i wouldn’t mind of DANNY VALENCIA got traded….and the young lady was hoping that NISHIOKA would be called up…why is that weird? THEY BOTH HAPPENED ON SUNDAY….yep, VALENCIA was traded to the BOSTON RED SOX, and NISHIOKA was called up from the minors….the MINNESOTA TWINS have been on kind of a tear lately..probably too little too late, but it’s fun to watch them win a few…..
7. the mars curiosity rover is already sending back pictures from mars….so far, NASA believes that mars is the only place in the universe where there are no KARDASHIANS….
8. a woman in MARION COUNTY, FLORIDA, was arrested for outrunning a cop who was trying to stop her for speeding…the shapely woman told police that she couldn’t stop because she was driving topless….which, ironically, if she had stopped, would have probably gotten out of the speeding ticket…..
9. for a limited time, WENDY’S restaurants in JAPAN are offering $16 dollar gourmet burgers with ingredients such as lobster, foie gras, truffle sauce, and caviar….meanwhile in AMERICA, if you slip the kid in the paper hat an extra dollar, he’ll pile on the bacon…
10. LEVI JOHNSTON believes that BRISTOL PALIN is a horrible parent, as seen on her reality show, and is seeking custody of their son, TRIPP…..a judge is going to watch to review the evidence and decide….on the bright side for PALIN, at least SOMEONE is watching her show…..
11. LATOYA JACKSON is getting her own reality show….what? just exactly what does LATOYA have to do with reality?
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man owned a small farm. The Low Pay Commission claimed he was not paying proper wages to his employees and sent an inspector out to interview him.
“I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them” demanded the inspector.
“Well” replied the farmer “there’s my farm hand who’s been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.
The cook has been here for 18 months and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board.
Then there’s the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.”
“That’s the guy I want to talk to — the half-wit” says the inspector.
“You’re already talking to him” replied the farmer.
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY…